• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello Everyone

Elizabeth Star

Hello everyone,

I'm happy I found this place. I was needing a safe and appropriate place to talk.

Since I was young I questioned who I was. A lot of times I would say or do things that were not gender appropriate for a boy. My family made sure to constantly remind me that I needed to be a man about things. I wasn't until I was 18 that I was able to identify it. At that point I was living on my own and life quickly got in the way. Survival became more important than my identity. For 25 years I suppressed myself, trying make myself believe I was just confused and dealt with the depression. That day when I acknowledged I was a girl my whole world started to shift.

For a years and a half I struggled with the thought of transitioning and all it would entail. Then during my darkest hour, I had a moment of absolute clarity. What did I have to lose at that point? I accepted my true self. A few months later I started seeing a therapist, a few months after that I started HRT.

The changes have been, to say the least, amazing. Without realizing it I drifted into living full time as a woman. Hopefully within the next month I'll get my gender maker updated and by the end of the year my name changed.

I look forward to learning and sharing my experiences with every one as I navigate through mu journey.

~Liz~

• Forum Moderator

Welcome dear.  The journey you describe ,while different, closely mirrors my own.  My time here has helped.

Hope you find the same.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Liz to the forums.

I hope you find the site useful and enjoyable.

Congrats on living full time :) and good luck with your name and gender marker changes coming up.

Post away as the mood strikes ya

Hugs

Cyndee

Hi Liz and welcome! Our journey's appear similar, upto the part where you're living full-time. I hope to get there soon, but working on my relationship my wife and needing to move at a slower pace than I would really like.  I look forward to learning more about your journey. This is definitely a great place with lots wonderful people. Have a wonderful day! Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Hi Liz,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf ?

Sara,

I can relate to what your going through. My wife is not very understanding. I decided my emotional health was a higher priority than debating for permission. If I find myself alone on my journey, so be it. I’m finally finding inner peace and self love. 

~Liz~

Liz, I have started to hit that point and have been making small changes without waiting for permission, but holding off on full presentation, for now. I've set a mental timeline of 1 year from the time I came out to her, to give her time to adjust and come to acceptance. After that timer expires, I start moving at my own pace. She has until September. The little things I am doing, along with therapy, are helping me get through until then. I think it was @Jackie C. that said in a recent post, something along the lines of, being in limbo with no end date is hard, at least have a firm goal/date that you can see yourself heading towards and things will be easier. I have always tried to live that way.

Hey Elizabeth. I am also new here. Happy to see you find a safe place and I hope you continue with a sense of happiness down your journey.

Welcome to the forums Liz

You shall meet many lovely people here, I too am new to the forums and terribly shy as well.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Liz, Glad you decided to join us. You’ve come quite a ways already on your journey. It’s never a bad idea to add more supportive allies to your life. As others have mentioned, you’ll likely find what you’re looking for here. We in return will have the benefit of your knowledge, expertise and experiences. Its good for us all.

8 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

The changes have been, to say the least, amazing. Without realizing it I drifted into living full time as a woman. Hopefully within the next month I'll get my gender maker updated and by the end of the year my name changed.

I look forward to learning and sharing my experiences with every one as I navigate through mu journey.

I feel the same way as you regarding becoming a woman. I wake up each day and can’t believe how much my life has changed. Becoming ‘yourself’ is such an amazing experience that cis people rarely experience, if ever...at least in the way we do. I want to wish you the best on your journey and will support you here as you move along in your transition. Hope to read more about you in the near future!

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I'm happy I found this place. I was needing a safe and appropriate place to talk.

Welcome Elizabeth,

We're glad you found the Forums.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe.

Mindy???

15 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

For 25 years I suppressed myself, trying make myself believe I was just confused

Nice to meet you Elizabeth, and Welcome❣️

I think you will find many people here who will relate with your story, myself included.  So, you're in a great place. 

For me, just finding a place where I can speak openly without judgement has been amazing.  It has encouraged me to finally start taking steps (small as they may be) to move forward.  Hoping the same for you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 126 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • KymmieL
    • kristinabee
    • April Marie
    • Petra Jane
    • DawnD
    • Adrianna Danielle
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Aleksandria
    Newest Member
    Aleksandria

1. Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      (22 years old)
    2. CtN1p
      CtN1p
    3. heyim_finn
      heyim_finn
      (21 years old)
    4. Jayn
      Jayn
    5. joni_girl_1988
      joni_girl_1988
      (51 years old)
    • KymmieL
      That's all the matters.   Well me and the wife rode to Perkins for breakfast. As we were waiting for our food. Being it is Sunday There are a few gentleman in suits, my guess from church. I think to myself. I hope I never have to wear one of those monkey suits ever again. Now a nice dress maybe.   Hugs,   Kymmie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      From time to time I've looked at 'Who Is Online" and I have consistently noticed that members are ALWAYS outnumbered by Guests by a wide margin, sometimes, like a minute ago, by more than a 10:1 margin.  I have never seen that before on an internet forum.  It can be explained partly by the nature of what this is, that it draws the curious and they are certainly welcome to read here, and to join, but it leaves me with a feeling of being in a fishbowl.  I wonder who ARE these people?  Donald Trump, is that you? Biden? Sinwar? Putin?  We can only guess. 
    • DawnD
      So from time to time my brain gets a hold of information and puts it together with other information in weird way that get me thinking. I was reading about a nudes cruise that they are running out if Miami. It got me thinking that a transgendered person who is also a naturalist, has to be one of the most unlucky people alive. How does one manage that and does that ever come up? Not trying to make fun here, just genuinely curious. Things that make you go hmmmm....
    • MaeBe
      No luck there, really. She's getting a signing bonus plus a little extra that I don't think would cover much in the way of the move, but it is something!   Oh my! I am glad to hear you're not passing anymore blood. I hope they figure it out soon! How distressing!   @April Marie @KymmieL @Mirrabooka @Willow @Justine76, thank you for the kind words and thoughts! We told our best friends last night. There were many tears. Now it's all about the work: selling the house (my wife's friend's son said he may want to buy it direct!), a job (a former employee of mine wants to bring me over to his company--and they're based outside of Tacoma!), and moving (just started going through what we don't want bring and donating things). So things have kicked off.   I'm not so sure of the job, it would be good to work with my former employee (he's great) but I fear the culture may not be super welcoming to someone like me--and the guy doesn't know I'm trans in any way. But I'll give it a shot as my authentic self and see what happens!
    • Ashley0616
      @LadypcnjI'm sorry. I know the feeling my mom thinks I'm going through a phase too although I didn't come out till April 17, 2023, so it was later in life. I was in denial majority of my life. I would love to hear more about this if you are comfortable sharing more of it. 
    • Ashley0616
      I love fashion. I have over 100 dresses and 74 pairs of shoes. My walk-in closet is full of other clothes as well. I'm getting more shorts soon. SHEIN is awesome for quality and price. Just when you get a leather coat from them it's just the shell not the liner. Most of my shoes are from Torrid because I wear size 13 women's. 
    • Ashley0616
      My VPN is Surf Shark. It has been good to me so far. 
    • Ashley0616
      Unfortunately Oklahoma is about as bad as Texas but definitely not as bad as Florida. Especially as a minor! 
    • Ashley0616
      I'm sorry @Ladypcnj I can only sympathize with you on that. Therapist on the other hand is crazy. I have had 16 in 10 years. It sucks having to have to go over things. I will say though after 6 therapists I didn't have to explain my history they simply read the history. 
    • Ashley0616
      I followed you and will give you my advice when I can. It has happened to me a lot too. If you want to you can always message me and I'll get back to you ASAP. I understand your concerns. 
    • April Marie
      Oh, my gosh! I would definitely be looking for a new primary care physician!!
    • Davie
      Sara Tavares died on 19 November 2023 in Lisbon, at age 45.
    • Ivy
      I don't use it.   One of my daughters gave me a little to experiment with, but I haven't.  My youngest tried to put some on me once, but I din't like it.  The light was pretty bad admittedly. My ex didn't use it, and my daughters didn't use it much either when they were still at home.  (If so it was very subtle) And I don't often notice it on women my age (mid 70's)   I shave every day.  But my beard is not heavy, and essentially grey, so it's not real noticeable unless you get close with good light.  I was starting to look into electrolysis, but the pandemic hit, and I just kinda dropped it.   Sometimes I do wonder about it though.
    • Justine76
      It's something I'm just learning but I find I actually enjoy the 'craft' of it in addition to how it makes me look. Even after a fresh shave, I have a mild 5'clock shadow. For me, the primary use of makeup is to get rid of that. I'll start with the orange concealer over facial hair areas and a bit under my eyes. Liquid foundation over that and light concealer used judiciously over that (still dialing that part in). Then just a tad of powder to bring color back in certain places. There are a number of Youtube tutorials on that layering process.    I'll also pencil in my eyebrows a bit since they're blonde and otherwise not very visible. Sometimes I'll get adventurous and give mascara a try but that's a delicate skill and usually I mess it up. I don't particularly like lipstick, but just ordered a 'lip pencil' to experiment with. Hoping for a more subtle effect. 
    • Vidanjali
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.