• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Glad to be here!

Kristin Lynne

Hello everyone. My name is Kristin Lynne. I am a transgender woman who is just starting out on the transformation Journey. I have known my whole life I was different. When I was 10 years old I put a note in the neighborhood mailboxes that said "Would you help me to be a girl". The telephone at home started ringing and one person even called the police. When my father came home I got a whooping and he told me if there was anymore of this he was going to have me locked up in the state mental hospital. I was scared to death but the feelings were always there. As I grew up my aunt new how I felt and she would buy me what we called "night shirts" to wear to bed. They made me feel good to wear them. My dad was determined to make me do manly things , I was not interested in sports but he signed me up for high school football. Now I have had breasts since I was 13 , so you can imagine the abuse I took in the locker room. To this day I do not like locker rooms or gyms.

I went to college in another state all the time feeling I wanted to be one of the girls. I began drinking and dropped out after 2 years. When I came home my dad got me a job at the factory molding plastic parts. It was a hot and dirty job.

I got married and raised 2 sons. They are both wonderful and caring individuals. All the while the desires are still with me. At one point I wanted to start transitioning but my heart gave out and I had a heart transplant in 2015. I am now fully recovered and my doctor says I can do anything . So now it is time for me to start to make the steps to become the woman I was always meant to be. As I have been researching I am starting to think I am the only transgender woman in the whole northwest suburbs of Chicago. 

Thanks for reading this short summary of my story.

Love

Kristin Lynne

2 hours ago, Kristin Lynne said:

Hello everyone. My name is Kristin Lynne. I am a transgender woman who is just starting out on the transformation Journey. I have known my whole life I was different. When I was 10 years old I put a note in the neighborhood mailboxes that said "Would you help me to be a girl". The telephone at home started ringing and one person even called the police. When my father came home I got a whooping and he told me if there was anymore of this he was going to have me locked up in the state mental hospital. I was scared to death but the feelings were always there. As I grew up my aunt new how I felt and she would buy me what we called "night shirts" to wear to bed. They made me feel good to wear them. My dad was determined to make me do manly things , I was not interested in sports but he signed me up for high school football. Now I have had breasts since I was 13 , so you can imagine the abuse I took in the locker room. To this day I do not like locker rooms or gyms.

I went to college in another state all the time feeling I wanted to be one of the girls. I began drinking and dropped out after 2 years. When I came home my dad got me a job at the factory molding plastic parts. It was a hot and dirty job.

I got married and raised 2 sons. They are both wonderful and caring individuals. All the while the desires are still with me. At one point I wanted to start transitioning but my heart gave out and I had a heart transplant in 2015. I am now fully recovered and my doctor says I can do anything . So now it is time for me to start to make the steps to become the woman I was always meant to be. As I have been researching I am starting to think I am the only transgender woman in the whole northwest suburbs of Chicago. 

Thanks for reading this short summary of my story.

Love

Kristin Lynne

Kristin, what a journey you've had! I'm so sorry your father was so hard on you and mistreated you in every way he could, I wish I could do something to help, but I will keep him in my prayers that he will come to accept you. I'm so sorry you've almost been put in an institution, I was almost put in one for reasons other than the fact I'm super girly. I was nearly put in with I had a severe autistic breakdown (I have Asperger's syndrome,) but I felt better again the next day and things were normal again. My father doesn't usually "care for" transgender or gay people, but he loves me to death and gladly accepts me for who I am, a demigirl. I wish you the best on your trans journey, you will love being a girl, it feels so good!

Love,

Madeline ?

Madeline thank you for your prayers. Unfortunately my dad died 38 years ago. I know when he died he loved me, but we had our issues. I am sorry for your struggles and will also keep you in my prayers. I have an autistic granddaughter and understand some of the struggles.

Kristin Lynne

Madeline thank you for your prayers. Unfortunately my dad died 38 years ago. I know when he died he loved me, but we had our issues. I am sorry for your struggles and will also keep you in my prayers. I have an autistic granddaughter and understand some of the struggles.

Kristin Lynne

I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I know he found a way to love you and that's the main thing. Thank you for the prayers, I'm MUCH better now that I'm feeling more girly and more myself. 

• Forum Moderator

When my father came home I got a whooping and he told me if there was anymore of this he was going to have me locked up in the state mental hospital. I was scared to death but the feelings were always there.

Hi @Kristin Lynne, Welcome! We had similar upbringings. Our parents were likely from the same generation. I’m sorry you had to deal with such callousness and lack of understanding when you were a child. Parents of our era just didn’t have the tools and knowledge to properly deal with these complex issues. It’s no excuse but it’s true.

Its nice that you had a supportive Aunt who understood your needs. That probably saved you in more ways than one. We all need support when going through something like this. I’m glad you’re fully recovered from your heart issues and can now take yours next step toward becoming “you”.

I’m happy you’ve joined us and look forward to many good threads and replies in the coming months or maybe years.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

Hi Kristine! and Welcome!

Thank you for sharing.  You have already overcome so many challenges and obstacles.  Life sometimes prepares us for what lies ahead, and in that sense it seems you have been prepared to take on this next challenge.
The difference being the great benefit that awaits you now. 

You've found a great place with lots of support and experience to lean on.  Happy to join you in our collective journeys❣️

• Forum Moderator

Hi Kristin,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf ?