• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Shoes

Dinaki

I used to wear heels, the higher the better for me they were. But since my ages advances rapidly, I lately am purchasing flats. I am addicted with loafers. 

I have an eye for this one in lilac color Franco Sarto

And you ladies, what shoe do you fancy wearing it?

That's a pretty shoe, but I would prefer sans tassels.  Just a thing for me, I've never like tassels on anything.  Have seen that cross strap a lot lately so I take it that's current fashion.  On my screen it looks white.  I was expecting pale lavender.  I think my screen colors are off.

It's been over a decade since I wore high heels, but I still like a low heel.  However, like you said, age makes us want flats more and more.  All my life I've wanted leather moccasins and I just got my first pair.  As expected, I don't even know they're on my feet.... soooo comfy, but I only wear them to town.  Out here in the country I spend most of my time in boring sneakers and house slippers, lol.  Traction on lumpy ground trumps fashion.

• 3 weeks later...

So, rather sheepishly, I have to admit that I'm still addicted to high heels. I know they aren't particularly practical for everyday wear, but personally I'm just not inspired much by flats.   My favorite heel height is between 3 inches and 3 3/4 inches, just the right height to meet my fashion standards, yet not too tall to walk in naturally.  

I do have a couple of pairs of flats for extremely casual events, but I always try to find an excuse to wear high heels.

1 hour ago, Sally Stone said:

I have to admit that I'm still addicted to high heels

I love high heels too.  Even though I haven't "mastered" the walk yet, I just love the way they make my legs look ?

I would love a couple cute pairs, of varying heel heights, nothing to crazy, as I'm 6'2". If anyone knows where I can find some that delivers to Canada and stocks cute ones in size 13 please let me know. Stripper heels are not my style, and that's all I can find so far.

Same goes for flats, sandals and boots. Why do they have to be utilitarian and ugly in my size. ?

• Forum Moderator
37 minutes ago, SaraAW said:

I would love a couple cute pairs, of varying heel heights, nothing to crazy, as I'm 6'2". If anyone knows where I can find some that delivers to Canada and stocks cute ones in size 13 please let me know. Stripper heels are not my style, and that's all I can find so far.

Same goes for flats, sandals and boots. Why do they have to be utilitarian and ugly in my size. ?

I completely feel your pain. I'm a size 13 also. I've got a few pairs from Long Tall Sally (including my cute boots). They're currently going out of business, so I'd hurry. I can get gym shoes and sandals from Amazon. Exotic High Heels has stuff in our size, but nothing I'd call daily wear. DSW has a selection in our size as well. Not a HUGE selection, but they've got some stuff we can wear. Avenue and Torrid also offer a small selection.

There seems to be an unwritten law that the bigger shoes become the uglier they have to be. Finding something you like in Sasquatch can be challenging. Good luck!

Hugs!

Thanks Jackie. I am thinking of taking up shoe making as a hobby at this point. That or medicine so I can develop a surgery to make me smaller. 

15 hours ago, SaraAW said:

If anyone knows where I can find some that delivers to Canada and stocks cute ones in size 13 please let me know

Hi Sara.  Size 13 Women's? (that would be size 11 mens).
I have had some success on Amazon.  In the shoe section do a By Size search.   Good luck❣️

On 7/22/2020 at 3:23 PM, SaraAW said:

So I ordered these in 12 and they just fit my 13 feet. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0784HDKK8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I almost killed myself in them so threw them away. lol. Right now I would settle for any shoe I can find in a 13.  I've discovered size 11 sandals that fit me but 13 sandals not.  My foot measures a 13 solid.   

When I was first coming out and starting my transition, I'd clomp around campus in these big platform heel boots that I got off Amazon. They were labelled size 14, but fit more like a size 11, and they had a 4.75 inch heel so needless to say they were pretty killer on my feet. The first time I wore them, I missed a step going down into our dining hall and fell in front of everyone. I'm pretty tall, had bright pink hair at the time and let out a very creative string of curses on my way down so it caused quite the scene. Since then though, I've opted for much more practical shoes, mostly flats and the few heels I have are lower and blockier, or wedges. 

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Dinaki said:

The last time that I wore stiletto heels, was when the Parthenon was built.

You're not that old @Dinaki!!!  But I can relate.  I wear flats mostly.  I don't wear heals over 1.5 inches.  Too wobbly!  

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Oh @Bri2020  those are horrible!  No wonder you almost killed yourself.  Trying to walk in those is murder!!

So my wife went shoe shopping online for me today and this site is amazing in it's selection of larger sizes. Sorry Sara but they don't ship to Canada.  https://www.6pm.com/

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

So my wife went shoe shopping online for me today and this site is amazing in it's selection of larger sizes.

That's a great site, Bri.  Thank you (and your wife) for sharing❣️