• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Unemployed again

DragonflyGirl

Yesterday I finished a temporary job preparing a pub for today's big opening. I had a great time with everybody, it's boosted my confidence, and the boss was... let's say, very complimentary about me... and kept telling me how much he'd like to give me a permanent role.

So, he offered me a lift home when we finished yesterday. I was a bit teary after saying bye to everyone and I accepted. Suddenly we were on our way to his place and he's saying he can't wait to get out of his clothes and have a shower. I told him to stop the car and let me out. Then I sat in a field crying for a couple of hours and got rained on heavily.

I'm so crap at reading people. All week this bloke has been praising everything I've done and I thought he just liked my work. I'm so stupid.

Working with a bunch of other humans has been massive for me. I can't let this affect the progress I've made with my confidence. Right now I've just got to get through this weekend without killing my brain with alcohol.

• Root Admin

Wow, so sorry to read about this, at least you were able to get out of the car safely, without been assaulted (right?).

Alcohol is not the answer, that I can assure you.

Hopefully this wasn't a W'Spoons?

I didn't get assaulted, but I'd worry for somebody younger in the same position who might not have felt able to order him to stop. I'm still trying to make sense of it, but I think he saw me at a vulnerable moment and thought he could take advantage of my confusion. It's made me feel stupid because I thought he was so nice all week.

• Forum Moderator

Not a good experience. I am so sorry to hear. I am glad things did not get too bad. An experience to learn from. I never had that type of experience but, like many women, learned very quickly about the agressive sexual approaches of men.

Tracy

Yeah, I've had my eyes opened quite a lot.

I've never understood men. Sometimes I wish I could just pull my sexuality out of my head and drop kick it as far as possible!

What a jerk!  Glad you are ok.  You are not stupid and not alone!  I try to have faith and trust in people and unfortunately found myself in a similar situation before.  It sounds like this guy was a class A a-hole con artist and that is not your fault!  HE is the one that needs something drop kicked for premeditated attempted kidnapping.  I think I would tell every woman that knows him what he tried.  That would make you feel better, too.  Take back your power.  You're smart for getting out right then and there, not waiting.

BIG HUGS!

Tori

Thanks, Tori?❣️

Yeah, I've told a couple of local women who are good distributers of this sort of thing. He's not going to like that and will probably have his own version of events so he can deny trying it on with the trans, but most people who know the characters involved should be able to suss things. The people I care about will anyway!

Do act as Tori said dear @DragonflyGirl, he is a miserable little worm.

(I am sorry to highjack this thread but if I was in my country and I had my husband physically abusing me, as he did few week ago), police would had ejected him from the house. Instead now, the mister is in the house roaming as if nothing happens. I check daily for when BA will start resuming its flights from Atlanta)

I am sorry @DragonflyGirl for adding my heartaches in your post.

No apology necessary! You're welcome to say anything you like in my thread!

I'm sorry about your husband, and a bit worried. How often does this happen? Are you okay there?

That is awful and I am sorry you and Dinaki both had to go through those horrible things. I hope you can find new work soon, hopefully with a boss much more respectful and less of an a**. 

That's horrible and frightening!  That took a great deal of courage to tell him to pull over and for you to get out of the car.

Happy your are safe and sound ❤️

On 7/3/2020 at 11:54 PM, DragonflyGirl said:

I'm so crap at reading people. All week this bloke has been praising everything I've done and I thought he just liked my work. I'm so stupid.

No you're not stupid! You're probably trusting and kind! But it's these sorts of things that quash the kindness and innocence out of our souls.

Far back in another life, I heard about men who did these sorts of things. And I had a hard time believing it. It just wasn't me. But now, I see it. My partner constantly has freaks and perverts giving her friend requests on FB. She has learned quickly. And she has passed on a 'healthy skepticism" to me. When we're out in public together I'm constantly hypervigilant for  safety. 

Be careful. And be hypervigilant as well! Not paranoid. You sound very sweet and trusting, but you never know about others.