• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Finally spoke to a physician about HRT

Tory Aoi

Checking in on this one, too, as I'm now a little over 7 months in.  Latest bloodwork looks good, E has been on the rise while T has been down.  Much is still subtle at this point, my muscle mass has visibly decreased around my arms I noticed and yeah, although small I have started to develop breasts.  I've taken to wearing sports bras to keep those from looking too conspicuous.  I have cried a lot more these past several months than I ever thought possible in my lifetime.  My first crying fit I actually was laughing at the same time because I was feeling so many emotions I had never felt before.  It was like everything got turned to 11.  And something happened for the first time in my life, I looked in the mirror and said "hey, I don't hate this."

The euphoric moments have certainly been great to have, but I've also of course had some side-effects as is to be expected.  Most of the time tiredness and the occasional nausea. These seem to happen mostly for me in the early evening, though, so at least it isn't like it is impacting my work day usually.

Only thing I was expecting that hasn't happened for me yet is I haven't seen my weight go up.  In fact, it went down a little which I found just a bit curious.  Perhaps nothing but at my next appointment I may ask about it.

• Forum Moderator

Sounds like you have come a long way. Congratulations and all you've said makes sense and I understand. My 9 month HRT check up is tomorrow and I've followed a similar path with the addition of a little breast growth and even a little weight re-distribution.  Hugs.

I have been on HRT since Sep 2020 and I'm getting close to my 9 mo. checkup. I also wear sport bras to work to help with a little less noticeable view. I know it won't last too much longer as I feel that they are moving into a full B cup size. I only wish they were growing the same rate and fullness.