• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First time things

Prettywolfy

So, I shaved my legs for the first time. Didn't completely finish, soo much work! Here is a comparison photo...

20200803_012531.jpg

Welcome to the club after I shaved my legs for the first time I realized how nice it was not having hair. It’s so nice feeling the smooth skin right after shaving.

Hi @Prettywolfy.  Congratulations!!! I can still remember the day I first shaved my legs.  It was amazing and liberating!  Hope you felt the same way.

I shave twice a week normally.  It gets easier the more often you do it.  I don't feel I can ever go back to unshaven legs again.  Recently bought a home IPL (laser), so I intend to get me leg/arm hair down to a much less, lighter growth so I don't have to shave often, as well as get rid of some hair in other not so obvious locations.

Hope this was a great experience for you.  Thanks for sharing❣️

I can attest that when you do it for the first time, or after a considerable length of time, it could feel like extreme challenge. I believe multiple options were recommended I the past, but what worked for me initially is to use hair trimmer with as short attachment as possible (or none at all if you feel particularly adventurous ?) to get the most of if down before taking up razor. And as @KayC mentioned, maintaining it get much easier over time.

Enjoy the feel and looks ??

Congratulations @Prettywolfy no nicks ? My first time looked like a scene from Jaws ! I've gotten much better over time and you will too ?

@KayC I got a home IPL 2 weeks ago as well. We can compare notes .. hee hee. I was never blessed with hair legs, just Hobbit feet ?

Hugs

Robin

23 minutes ago, Robin.C said:

We can compare notes

Mine hasn't arrived yet, Robin, but when it does .. will do

• Forum Moderator

KayC and Robin let me know how well one of those IPL works. I have heard mixed.

I remember the first time I shaved my legs totally. It was an eye opening experience. I will never go back to having hairy legs, or anything else but my head for that matter. It feels much nicer.

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

I will never go back to having hairy legs, or anything else but my head for that matter.

I sooooooooooo agree.  I used to fret that some cis women are rebelling at the "tyranny of shaving", and I understand their viewpoint, but that is NOT me.  I started shaving body hair 6 years ago, and have no intention of letting it grow back.  

There are two aspects of my hair that are affected by the COVID crises:  I really, really miss my electrolysis sessions, and I haven't seen my hair stylist since February - but I'm kinda liking letting it grow.  I'm at the point now that I can tuck my ponytail under my back collar if I wish ??‍?

Astrid

@Robin.C No nicks. I used a 7 blade razor, which I have found makes it harder to cut yourself by accident. 

Okay, the first time I tried shaving my legs I was a little kid copying my mom and cut the heck outta my knee, so I was super cautious doing it this time now that I have hair to shave lol

I don't shave my legs very often. After 6 years of HRT, and leg hair growth slowed way down and thinned out, I don't need to. Yet there is one thing I will always do, on days that I shave my legs. I will put clean sheets on my bed. There really is nothing else quite like the feel of freshly shaven legs, on fresh clean sheets. After you do it that first time, you will want to do it every time.

• Forum Moderator

A good idea anyway Mickey as, if anyone had nicks or shaving rash, clean sheets are more hygenic so there is less likelyhood of infection.

Tracy

5 hours ago, Mickey said:

There really is nothing else quite like the feel of freshly shaven legs, on fresh clean sheets

I remember that feeling too, after the first time shaving.  Still feels that way even now, and even wearing pants its feels great.

37 minutes ago, KayC said:

Still feels that way even now, and even wearing pants its feels great.

and leggings.....