• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Mask fashion

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Well it seems we are in this for the long term.  I was fortunate to have a box of masks that I use on the farm.  I had a choice blue or pink.  What do you think I chose?

Hugs,  

Charlize

892C0407-BF50-43BE-B03B-197AFF65FB26.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

It looks like blue and pink lol.

I have tried masks but they make me feel bad so use a bandana. I just need to not make any sudden moves if I go to the bank though

??

Tracy

Charlize,

I wish you weren't right about this mask requirement being "long term," but I guess it is going to be the new normal.  I keep experimenting with different types of masks, and I'm struggling with comfort versus fashionable, if a face mask could ever actually be fashionable.  Since masks are going to be with us long term, I'm hoping there will be a real fashion with function breakthrough.  Some of the masks I've seen for sale online do show promise.

One thing I will say about having to wear a face mask is that it is forcing me to try new makeup techniques that will enhance my eyes.  That's my silver-lining in this dark gray cloud.

That’s a nice shade of pink! My coworker has the cutest set of masks. I tend to choose my army print camo masks or a plain white or black. I really want some cute masks since yes, this is for the long term especially here in our lovely state of California. We have I think nearly 40 million residents, so we are on a major lockdown with just about every single business requiring masks (the open businesses). If anyone’s curious many retailers are online selling cute “designer” masks, for just a bit more than those you’d find at gas stations or places like Target/Walmart.  Some of my favs are PINK, JustFab, and NastyGal.

I have a feeling masks are going to be the new normal as well for a while. I had an idea for a mask, I just need to find someone with the ability to sew and design it in a more fashionable way: a Pronouns mask. Three styles, "he/him", "she/her", "they/them". Then you could just wear your mask and nobody has to ask you about your pronouns.