• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Article: Trump Officials Divided Over Using Trans Issues to Spark Campaign

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

True Carolyn Marie, No surprises with this one. Like many politicians...he never lets a good issue go to waste. Most trans people see right through this malarkey.

Susan R?

I like when the article said, "Trump’s handling of the economy, coronavirus pandemic and ongoing civil unrest has hurt him badly in the polls, and public fear of infection has thwarted plans for his signature rallies." It might as well say, "Donald Trump is struggling in the polls because he has been president for 3 1/2 years and in that time has done nothing good for anyone."

He's always looking for a "target" to focus his base.  All it does is create hate, division and in this case, likely tragedy. ?

VOTE 2020!

Another effort to distract from his failures.  Unfortunately, some voters are so shallow that distraction techniques work and that is what he counts on.

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, Dana Michelle said:

I like when the article said, "Trump’s handling of the economy, coronavirus pandemic and ongoing civil unrest has hurt him badly in the polls, and public fear of infection has thwarted plans for his signature rallies." It might as well say, "Donald Trump is struggling in the polls because he has been president for 3 1/2 years and in that time has done nothing good for anyone."

Not true, the Trump family has been doing pretty well propping up failing properties with government handouts.

There were also some choice short-term gains for billionaires and the stockholders of huge corporations (i.e. campaign contributors).

The rest of us are kind of boned though.

Hugs!

I think what scares me is this will be effective to some degree because it turns our community into a bargaining chip. There are some people who will see right through it as a distraction to bigger issues, but there was some success in swaying some voters that aren't comfortable with a skewed message about Transgender Rights. I am tired of human rights being such a hard thing to have to fight for, simply the right to exist and be able to go about our lives.

We still have to fight the "bathroom debate". If it were up to me, we would have more single occupancy bathrooms like Starbucks, and then no issue, or at least have those be an option.

I know the idea of  Transgender Rights is going to scare some voters with the message. The moral of the story: 1.) Talk to your friends and family and remind them we are just humans trying to live our lives the best we can; 2.) Go out and vote, whether it is by mail, early voting, or voting day itself.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 185 Guests (See full list)

• Charlize
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • MaeBe
    • Ashley0616
    • JaySee88
    • missyjo
    • Betty K
    • KathyLauren
    • VickySGV
    • Maddee
    • MaryEllen