• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Therapist THUMBS UP

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

I found a new therapist who has background in gender dysphoria and we hit if off very well. She is in the same office as my former psychologist. She is willing to write referral letter for surgery when we have covered enough time together and she was happy I wasn't in a massive hurry. She will also work with my former pysch and maybe I will get both referral letters - one stop shopping.

She was extremely happy to know the weight of the world seemed to fall off my shoulders when I joined Transpulse and was very complimentary about you ladies. And she was even more happy about the HRT reducing the GD and that as days pass I am more certain full transition is what I want. And she indicated she will help me get there.

I was energized when I left and even decided to go start my 2 shot shingles shots today - maybe that was TOO much - arm sore and band practice tonight - but I won't care - that is the least of the pains I've had to deal with in my life. NOW I am on the threshold of full womanhood and I couldn't be happier unless the struggle and obstacles ahead were finished - but now I have a firm foundation to make it.

• Forum Moderator

Nice find Heather, and so happy for you to find someone you can open up to.

Hugs

Cyndi

I love to hear this! You are coming along very well. I remember those first few months and the feeling of satisfaction with noticing the first changes and such. Gender Therapists are absolute angels. I’m glad you found one that aligns with your goals so well. Keep that head high!

Kylie

• Forum Moderator

@Kylie please heal quickly... My new psych will?write referral when the time is right and I believe my old one who is an associate will to. So each day the smile is getting bigger but I am a realist and recognize the struggles ahead but most of the foundation is now in place and I know it's right because the GD is the lowest it has been ...in like forever.

Positive forward you!

Except for the shots.

Have fun at band practice.  

Imagine looking and speaking HeatherShay there.

Be cool

• Forum Moderator

Thank you ...therapist with referrals makes the shingles shot not hurt so much and band rehearsal was fun....they haven't commented on the earrings yet.

@Shay Love hearing that you’re dysphoria has lessened! I’m making progress in the healing department I believe. Have my 3rd post-op appointment this morning, so hoping it goes well and no poor news comes with it! Positive thoughts always!