• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Coincidences or Signs

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

I have always believed we are each where we are, when we are and intereact with who we are supposed to in life for the sake of our journeys - not all are pleasant as we ALL know but they are part of our path. In the past couple months a few things have happened that I shake my head - like my new psychologist said to me Monday "your body and sub-conscious knows well before you do sometimes".

1) As a kid I bought comics thinking I'd sell them when I retired. I am selling them and it's paying for electrolysis and psychologist and some of my surgeries that aren't covered by Medicare. 

2) In 1982 I wrote a song called Shay Lindsay - SHAY is one of two names I am now going by (Heather is the other - one of the first girls I went out with [another coincidence?]) and LINDSAY is the name of my new lady psychologist.

3) Cathy was my first wife's name and my electrologist's name is Cathy (by the way I used to walk by her electrolysis salon for at least the last 10 years thinking about going in).

4) The office manager for the Doctor I plan to use for surgery is named Christina - that is exactly the same name as my current wife.

5) I joined Transpulse and have found several of you ladies that sound like you have gone through nearly the exact same things, have similar musical tastes and abilities and too many other similarities to list.

SO.... how many coincidences or signs in your life can you name OR am I just a little off my rocker and there is nothing to all I've listed above?

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

No you are not off your rocker Heather, I relate to what your are writing about above. Signs are everywhere, what we call coincidences are not always so, you just need to know what to look for.....There is a reason for the season (that could be a song theme), a purpose to all of this... I do believe....

Here is a coincidence I've mention before on this forum. One of our dear moderators here at Trans pulse "McKenzieB" (RIP), lived across the street from my Mother in law in Southern California.

We would run into each other through another mutual friend a sister here in the Puget Sound area, as we are heading to a support meeting one night, she reveals to me that she lived in So Cal, way back when, and we starting talking about the area, and made small talk about it, then I mention my mother in law lived there, and we find out it's the same town, then we find out that it's the same street, and then we find out it's right across the street from each other. As this reality hit me, I realized I saw her working on her roof, some 15 years ago then (mid 90's), and this was the sister talking to me in the car as we are both heading to the same support meeting, our paths have crossed before, it was moment in time to take a pause and realize. We reached each other in a similar point in our lives transitioning, and going to support meetings and socializing. Bless you Kenzie, you will always be in my heart and part of me, she left us on a dark night in Dec 2012, I was there with her that night at the hospital and her family. We have since become friends with her kids and wife. She was someone on the path of life that was meant to be part of mine I have no doubt.

Hugs

C

• Forum Moderator

I am so glad you were with her when she passed - I know it must have been extremely hard for you but I'm sure she was happier to go with a knowing, loving friend with her.

One of my dogs had to be put down due to massive cancer. I cried and told the vet to go ahead. He asked me to hold my boy and I didn't know if I could do it. He said - wouldn't you want to go being held by someone you loved most in the world. I cried and agreed. It was the hardest (2nd hardest) thing I have ever done in my life. I had him cremated and he and my other dog who died in my arms a few years back is also cremated and both are in my nightstand waiting for the day when I die. In my request for burial I have that I want to be cremated, mixed with my dogs and for us to be spread in a forest where we loved to be as much as we possibly could,

Bless you Cyndee and thank you for sharing - it still must be hard whenever you think of Kenzie. RIP Kenzie - I know you now know who I am and you know what a wonderful friend Cyndee is.

• Forum Moderator
28 minutes ago, Shay said:

I am so glad you were with her when she passed - I know it must have been extremely hard for you but I'm sure she was happier to go with a knowing, loving friend with her.

One of my dogs had to be put down due to massive cancer. I cried and told the vet to go ahead. He asked me to hold my boy and I didn't know if I could do it. He said - wouldn't you want to go being held by someone you loved most in the world. I cried and agreed. It was the hardest (2nd hardest) thing I have ever done in my life. I had him cremated and he and my other dog who died in my arms a few years back is also cremated and both are in my nightstand waiting for the day when I die. In my request for burial I have that I want to be cremated, mixed with my dogs and for us to be spread in a forest where we loved to be as much as we possibly could,

Bless you Cyndee and thank you for sharing - it still must be hard whenever you think of Kenzie. RIP Kenzie - I know you now know who I am and you know what a wonderful friend Cyndee is.

That's such a tender story Heather about your dogs, I am crying now reading this, I understand the feelings of having to say good bye to a good friend (in this world), we keep the hopes of re uniting someday in the future, somewhere else beyond....

Hugs and a tissue

Cyndi

• Forum Moderator

I just wish that I had been there when our sheltie passed 5 yrs ago. But he passed doing what he loved to do. laying in the back yard watching the world go by. Good thing we had Patrick our mini dachshund here.

I also believe that your life is already planned out for you. So my pain and suffering in my journey is already set.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

A good cry is something I always held back as a so-called male - but not for my dogs - they brought out the "it's ok to cry" female side of me more then anyone before TP. HRT helps but I understand more and more why tears are so important to flush the system and express your love.

• Forum Moderator

My electrologist and friend told me today that her dog had to be euthanized by her daughter on Saturday while they were away dropping off their youngest at college.  The dog had been ill but had moments where it never showed.  She was extremely sad but was able to recount the story of how they got this dog.  I've followed her ups and downs over the years.   Whenever I saw her she was always friendly.  I'm not a dog person by nature but she was sweet old girl.  

22 hours ago, Shay said:

SO.... how many coincidences or signs in your life can you name OR am I just a little off my rocker and there is nothing to all

That's a great topic, Heather! 
My belief (and I have to say actual experience) is that everything ... absolutely EVERYTHING in Life happens for a reason.  There are no coincidences.
What we see as coincidences are only our inability to piece together the multitude of cause and effect over a lifetime, and our inability to discern that past-present-future are not separate phenomena.  (nor is Life and Death). 
But, as we become more "aware" and in tune with ourselves and our environment, the little strings that attach to even the smallest life events begin to appear as more direct connections.

Didn't mean to dive too deep there.  Even who are family, friends, and even pets are .. that's not coincidence either.  That is why we should use this lifetime to create value and harmony in every relationship if we can.
So sorry for your loss @KymmieL  I balled my eyes out when our beloved dog die.

• Forum Moderator
26 minutes ago, KayC said:

That is why we should use this lifetime to create value and harmony in every relationship if we can.

What a lovely sentiment @KayC

• Forum Moderator

@KayC Wise words from a wise woman and all true. The older I get the more I am aware of it and more open to it and what a revelation as it happens.

Great topic!

All through my life, I have felt like there's a small, still voice that guides me through troubling times. It leads me to make decisions that some people question at the time but later comment on how lucky I am to have made that decision. While many things have been painful and difficult in my life, I have walked through many worse disasters unscathed and marvel at my survival.

Honestly I never expected to live this long.

On the other hand, I suspect we all have a purpose - a part to play - in the panoply of life.

TA

• Forum Moderator

Well said....I agree with every word

Do you think it's just coincidence that both of my ex-wives were named Kimberly?

The second one went by another name when we first met though. She worked at the hair salon I went to with 3 other girls named Kim. So they all went by different names to avoid confusion. 

Well, when it comes to coincidences......Gibbs Rule #39....there are no coincidences.

I kinda believe in it and I  kinda don't

I mean we make our own futures right. So i guess there might be a high power to guide others to help us along the way. I know that in my poor attempt at living I have made so many mistake, but there's  always a presence that help me get back on my feet

Also, I should have been dead like ten times (  not including  2 Suicide attempt)  Shot twice, got hit bye car once, bus just miss me because someone pull me back. I had two surgeries were i was told my heart  stop and being robbed several times at knife point. Yet every time someone or something save me. I am not sure if that coincidence or not I always choke up to a Guardian Angel 

• Forum Moderator

@Lexi C I agree with your view - I don't believe in presdestination and I do believe we control our destinies but I also believe when we get off track or need help - signs, angels (people who don't realize they are telling you something you need to hear), events, coincidences (?) are put there to guide you to becoming the you, you are meant to be and need to be in order to be a happy and fulfilled you. Good things and bad things are equally valid to help you move forward in your life.

• Forum Moderator

"Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow?
And did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind"

• Forum Moderator

goosebumps - thank you @Cyndee.... I love the whispering wind, it brings moments of ecstasy

• Forum Moderator

Not sure if your talking about Cyndee quote from stairway to heaven or my own extension in the reply above. If mine I will accept your opinion.

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Shay said:

I love the whispering wind, it brings moments of ecstasy

So true! 

"Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box
They tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe"

From one to another my friends!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 89 Guests (See full list)

• KathyLauren
    • MaryEllen
    • Ivy
    • MAN8791
    • Betty K
    • Adrianna Danielle