• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

TMI alert

Kestrel McLoughlin

By the way...... I'm sorry if this is TMI.... is it weird for gender euphoria to be arousing?

Every time thus far I mostly strongly feel like myself, like I'm the woman I feel I am, whether as a result of donning a blouse or leggings or curly hair, there's a low-grade arousal that results for a long while. I'm not sure whether that's evidence that this is all some fetish of mine (one of my fears), or whether it's just a result of a flood of joy-related hormones that I've deprived myself of my whole life.

Thoughts? It's okay to tell me it's just me, that this isn't a Thing That Happens. That's data, that's important to know...

• Admin

I don't think its unusual to have that kind of reaction, hon.  There is often sexual feelings associated with thoughts or activities of cross dressing or thinking about the woman inside; exactly why I'm not sure.  As long as we don't get more explicit than that in this discussion it will be fine.

Carolyn Marie

Thanks! I needed that reaffirmation.

I think I'm going to enjoy deciding to curl my hair on some days... what possibilities!

Dressing Femme does not do anything like that for me.  Its when the wife and I talk about furthering changes that I get that.  Since I finally accepted me about 2 months ago we have had a few ups and downs, but when we are on the upside I feel much better and excited in many ways.  Hoping to get to find a doctor sometime soon to get the ball rolling.

4 hours ago, Kestrel McLoughlin said:

I'm not sure whether that's evidence that this is all some fetish of mine (one of my fears), or whether it's just a result of a flood of joy-related hormones that I've deprived myself of my whole life

I think your fear is quite common.  It has helped me to remember that a feminine leaning brain combined with a male libido is bound to cause some confusion, made worse by any repression or shame connected to it.

I had to look for clues beyond sexual arousal to satisfy myself that I'm not just a deviant of some kind.  It turns out that there are many such clues.  In fact, I think your post about 'snugglefuzz' is a perfect example.

I'm no psychologist, but I think if it were just a fetish, those other proclivities wouldn't be necessary.  And if it is stimulating, so what.  Who's idea of what's deviant am I adopting as my own?  I know I'm not a sicko.  I may be a little different, but I want the best for people, and that makes me just fine.

My two cents.

• Forum Moderator

As Carolyn noted its not unusual.  I think its related to the testosterone in the body.  If and when you go on HRT it will pretty much stop.  I would not call it a fetish at this point.  As Ann kind of talked of, there would be other cues.  Don't worry.

Jani

Thanks everyone.

There's been talk of a "male libido" and HRT. Does estrogen really commonly plummet your sex drive? I'm no cad, I'm no lech, but intimacy is a strong part of my romantic landscape, and those feelings are even part of who I am outside of acting on them. I wonder what it will mean...

• Forum Moderator

I think estrogen changes your sex drive.  The responses aren't the same as male.  I find intimacy more important now than ever.  

9 hours ago, Kestrel McLoughlin said:

or whether it's just a result of a flood of joy-related hormones that I've deprived myself of my whole life.

One of my good friends (she's cis and hetero) has told me that it (woman equivalent) happens to her on occasion when she finds that oh so perfect outfit. We've had some very risque conversations over the years. I think it's that OMG I look so cute and femme feeling that causes it and is relatively normal. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

While I am a total newbie here, I agree there is something about even wearing an undergarment for your target gender. I have read from others here that feel the same way I do that it does something to you. It validates and affirms who we are and we, for lack of a better term, feel feminine! That feeling can manifest in an affirming, happy euphoria as it does for me, the likes of which I cannot explain, or it can manifest in an erotically euphoric feeling. I don't think either or any other are abnormal, just individual. I am sure as Jani said, that when one takes HRT those feelings will go away, as we are now more fully becoming who we were meant to be and the euphoria previously held will logically and medically wear off and probably be replaced by new feelings and joy as we see our physical bodies ever coming into agreement with who we knew we were all along. I love that this place exists and that it is safe and welcoming to be able to ask all these things we would otherwise have no way of knowing. ❤️

Hi Kestrel!

19 hours ago, Kestrel McLoughlin said:

m not sure whether that's evidence that this is all some fetish of mine (one of my fears), or whether it's just a result of a flood of joy-related hormones that I've deprived myself of my whole life.

From my experience those are feelings I have had and still do experience, but much less than before.  I think much of it might have been the leftover connection to arousal and sexual awakening I had as a teenager when I first started secretly crossdressing at home. 

When that desire reemerged late in life and I came out to myself (first) then my wife and I was able to crossdress in private at home, it was definitely a lot of pent up erotic fulfillment.

But over time the fetish part of crossdressing did not really explain a continuing emotional desire to to accept and embrace my basic femininity.  I have now been able to look at the erotic part of presenting feminine as part of my sexuality, and accepting myself as transfeminine as part of my gender identity. 

I think they can co-exist.  My therapist seems to think so also.  So, enjoy yourself however you like, without fear or guilt.

Hope that helps❣️

• 1 month later...

As far as I understand thats perfectly normal for all women. I think I read somewhere that those kind of low grade feelings are from liking how you look,when you feel attractive and confident about yourself and really great about yourself you get strong attractive feelings. Cause feeling sexy is sexy. I think a lot of women get that way sometimes on a good day from what I understand.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 90 Guests (See full list)

• Carolyn Marie
    • Karen Carey
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • MaryEllen
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

earthpatch
    Newest Member
    earthpatch

1. Anyatimenow
      Anyatimenow
      (23 years old)
    2. Aria00
      Aria00
    3. Ava B.
      Ava B.
      (24 years old)
    4. Claire Heshi
      Claire Heshi
    5. CrystalMatthews0426
      CrystalMatthews0426
      (41 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      They were sitting on the love seat, looking west out over Kansas.  Below them the busy city ran to and fro.   "They called.  My surgery has been rescheduled for May 8.  I need to be there at 5 AM for pre-op.  I start prescriptions and diet change on May 1."   "Okay."  Bob did his not-thinking-about anything look.  Taylor was always amazed that he could  actually be thinking about absolutely nothing. She was always thinking of at least six things.   "How can they be like that?" "What?"  He startled a little.  Contact with reality was reestablished. "Where does the hate come from?  Mrs. McArthur?  She was always polite, but I think she wasn't really.  Somehow she hated me even though there were no indications whatsoever." "Yeah, well, you know they are starting up that plant.  And my company is going ahead with their work there, down n Milliville.   I will have to go down there sometimes." "Oh, Bob." "Maybe I will stop by and ask her." "No." "No.  Cabaret is closed, I have been told.  Your transgender support group has scattered to other places." "What is wrong with those people?" "Same thing as Roosevelt, I guess.  You know all the racial comments against Blacks?  Like that game where our cheerleaders started this insulting cheer, an the opposite team was mostly Black? Teachers stopped it." "I didn't know.  I was staying away from that, remember?" "Yes." "You know all those kids at our church, the ones you called freaks the other day?" "I shouldn't have called them that." "Pastor tells me they are all from all over the Midwest.  These are kids who have been thrown out of their homes and were found on the street.  Other shelters would not take them, so they wound up here." "Not surprising." "I think we could do some good here." "What do you have in mind?" And she told him.
    • EasyE
      You are spot on here ... but also it seems like such a rigged game for the average person that it's hard to invest energy into the political arena -- too much big money controlling too many people/organizations/narratives for the common person to fee; heard...   In general, why we in America accept either candidate is baffling... for all our innovation as a nation, we can't do better than these two bozos?    The problem is, the political arena is such a sham -- again with large money controlling all aspects of the system -- that a common-sense, love-your-neighbor, make-reasonable-compromises, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-to-work candidate will never make it anywhere above the local level (if even there)...    Everything is a reality show, and boring ol' decision makers that try to benefit the most people don't generate enough clicks, views and retweets...  I am not sure it is so much about celebrity as it is about party politics at all costs - "my side must always be viewed as right and your side must always be viewed as wrong!" kind of thinking... there is no consensus building anymore because that will get used against you in campaign ads... When Obama took office and then Hilary ran again, it was like all Republicans want to do was to find someone loud enough to put them in their place. Forget issues, forget character, just win a debate and rally the base.    To get back to your original point, not enough of us care about politics ... and in some ways we've become fat, happy and entitled as a nation. The yearning to achieve the "American dream", which drove my parents and their parents before them to work their tails off and sacrifice and save, is now just "give me the American dream for free while I sit here on my phone and watch tiktok..."
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You are in the right place.
    • EasyE
      I am about 5 weeks ahead of you ... best wishes to you! For me it has been subtle changes at most so far (if any) ... but I am also on the "beginner's" level of patch, lol ...    Easy
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Oh, another comment.   I am a conservative evangelical with strong Republican leanings. So is my wife, my friends, my family. I disagree with a good amount of what the Republicans are doing, but there it is.  I understand the mindset, I think, a lot better than those who are outside it do.   When you insult Republicans you insult me, my friends, my family.   People like me can struggle with trans issues.   Please consider that in posting.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Then you are in despair.
    • MaeBe
      I found this as well. No playacting, they just appear: the finger waggle wave; bracing my elbow on my other arm that's folded across my chest, wrist in the air half-cocked; walking a bit more fiercely... All that. My wife thought I was mocking her at one point!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I find my lack of time to read the thing frustrating, and I will not really comment until I have read it.  This is a wholly inadequate response.   1.  I think there are some legitimate concern.   2. Thoroughly discussing this will consume many threads.   3. I disagree partially with @MaeBe but there is partial agreement.   4. The context includes what is happening in society that the authors are observing.  It is not an isolated document.   5. Trump, if elected, is as likely to spend his energies going after political opponents as he is to implementing something like this.    6. I reject critical theory, which is based on Marxism.  Marxism has never worked and never will.  Critical theory has problems which would need time to go into, which I do not have.   7. There are groups who have declared war on the nuclear family as problematically patriarchal, and a lot of other terms. They are easy to find on the internet.  This document is reacting to that (see #4 above).   8.  Much of this would have to be legislated, and this is a policy documented.  Implementation would  be most likely different, but that does not mean criticism is unwarranted. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Sort of bracing myself for flipping, because I am wearing f and of course I wear f and it is natural to wear f and what else would I wear?  The  novelty is long gone out on this.  I wore a bra most of yesterday but we had a Zoom call and I took the bra off because I was concerned about the straps showing.  I missed it.    My body is saying "I am female!  Treat me that way!"   In the past it has screamed about this activity that  I have done to it.
    • Ivy
      This is what I'm scared of.  And it's quite possible. Apparently Chicken Little was right.
    • Ivy
      Whether it was a hate crime or not, it's still horrible.
    • atlantis63
      Finally I  am back online   I had to use the help of the contact form (not proud  of that, I always feel embarrassed and shy about contacting people), but here I am   missed all of you
    • atlantis63
      I'm not happy to admit this, but I usually scream or break things.   Breaking things became a bit of a no no, because It was always a cd or something I liked and it got very expensive to replace stuff
    • atlantis63
      Probably amusement parks. I've never been to one sadly, but I think I could talk for an hour about them without any problem
    • Ashley0616

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.