• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I STARTED T TODAY

Masonjar191

Hey y'all, today was a long day, but it was a good one because I started Testosterone!

Woke up at 11:30, had breakfast and class, then I called an uber to take me to the clinic. 

Got there around 2:10ish, checked in and had to wait a while until a nurse called me back to take my vitals. Then my doctor came in and discussed the result of my bloodwork from two weeks ago. Taught me how to do my shot, then I picked up my T (after waiting some more and forgetting my wallet in the exam room) and gave myself my first shot!

It took forever to draw the T, but eventually I injected it! Then I went to work and now I'm home, about 6 hours on T!!!!

• Admin
Carolyn Marie

That's great news, hon.  Congratulations!  It won't be too long before you start noticing changes.  I wish you all the best on your journey.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Masonjar191 said:

It took forever to draw the T, but eventually I injected it! Then I went to work and now I'm home, about 6 hours on T!!!!

Congratulations Mason, The mental changes are probably already starting! I’m happy you’re on you’re way.

I have never tried injecting myself.  I’m barely used to my 3 month blood draws and I really can’t even feel the needles but it doesn’t matter...I still get a little nervous beforehand. I’m sure I could do it myself if I absolutely had to. Eventually, It may come to that due to my age and being on E.

Keep us posted to any changes down the road. Enjoy the ride!

Warmest Regards,

Susan R🌷

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations! Today you are a werewolf man. Definitely a man. Probably.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Hugs!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 84 Guests (See full list)

• Chloe Cozee
    • KymmieL
    • CD Rachel
    • Bri2021
    • DeeDee
    • LaurenA
    • Jeanette West
    • MaryEllen
    • Mmindy
    • Cyndee
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

TerriOB
    Newest Member
    TerriOB

1. KaraIndiana
      KaraIndiana
      (43 years old)
    2. Roobert1111
      Roobert1111
      (30 years old)
    3. theophobia
      theophobia
      (22 years old)
    • CD Rachel
      Good morning everyone. Just getting to my second cup of coffee. I am off from work today so i am getting a late start to my day. My cat is super excited that I am home and has not left me alone for a minute since i got up.   I am very excited to be starting with my new therapist today. I have not been in a therapy session since December 28 . It has been too long a wait to get started on working on the new me.   Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!   Rachel
    • Niamh
      Just some ideas...   If there is sex/gender discrimination legislation in place (I don't know enough about your country/state to know) then your gender identification should not matter and they could be breaking the law if they made it so. I see no reason why you shouldn't pursue your return to work if they want you and you want to work.   If they want you, it is surely your skills and the economic value to the company that is why they've asked you back. Why would your gender status change this?   If you do not need to work (financially) then it seems to me that you hold all the cards. I'm in a not far dissimilar situation but in the UK and with considerable publicity around gender rights. I don't need to work (financially), but I enjoy my job. I'm also genderfluid/bigender and spend part of my time as Niamh, the rest as a man. I may start HRT or not, but whether or not I would would not be influenced by my work situation. I decided to tell my employer and key colleagues at work on the basis that if anyone had an issue or caused problems I could either:   Leave, because I didn't need the money   or   Take legal action if I wanted to stay, primarily to make a precedent for anyone who DID need the money.   It seems that if your colleagues are unable to recognise your value as a productive member of their team, just because you may present as a woman sometimes, are the really people you want to work with.   So far I haven't encountered a single person at work who has been negative or derogatory about my life choice, but I realise my role, my employer and the country in which I live may be a very different environment to yours.
    • Chloe Cozee
      @mindy Thank you!
    • Jandi
    • Willow
      As I read back, there is no way I could manage without the lighted magnifying mirror.
    • Willow
      Hi   new to this blog. My wife used to be a beauty consultant.  She taught me to put liquid eyeliner right at the base of my lashes and on my eyelid.  Followed by a lash primer and then the mascara.  This gives me fuller and longer lashes. Last is the eye shadow which helps to hide the jittery hand.  I’m no good at all with a pencil so I have to use liquid. Oh and whatever you do don’t blink.   Willow
    • Willow
      Good morning   i hope everyone is able to end the week on an up beat.  The support coming from your employer is really great.  The changes at the federal level are encouraging for all of us.   I usually start my morning with my Facebook friends then come here.  As I read posts I find myself looking for the “like” button.  lol   im sure if there was one we’d quickly fill the server space with like buttons.  Not much happening here.  Expecting rain later.  I do wish I could get on my boat.  All this time to do nothing.  Three more weeks at least is going to drive me crazy.  At least I get this big bandage off this time next week. But in its place I’ll be in an air cast.  Which I can take off to shower or sleep.   Willow
    • Mmindy
      Good morning @Chloe CozeeThe new profile picture looks great!   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Charlize
      😯👍❄️🌬     🧝‍♀️   Charlize
    • Jandi
      I wish so too. Have fresh ground coffee this morning, which I’m usually too lazy to make.   I’m at my daughter’s for the weekend.    They invited me up to get away from the house for a bit.   She has been one of my biggest supporters since I came out, and even went to appointments with me in the beginning when I was terrified.     I have had this offer from my daughter, but chickened out.    Sigh.  Maybe soon.   I have been told I pass better than I realize.   I do know that things do get easier with time.  
    • Charlize
      Those are great fun!  Thanks for sharing.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Chloe Cozee
      @Shay, thank you! I love all your messages! So inspirational!
    • Charlize
      Zooey the day may soon come when you will want to start moving in the world as yourself.  Your families support will help! I can say that is wonderful to walk into the ladies room with your wife.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Shay
      @Chloe Cozee so true... Thank you
    • KayC
      Welcome again, Chloe and thank you for sharing more of your story.  It feels very familiar to me and I have had a similar journey, awakening, and starting to project how I see myself in the future. I do have some obstacles to overcome to continue to make progress, but for now small steps keep me motivated and hopeful. Gender therapy has been a great help also, specially when anxieties arise about the pace of progress.  Let's keep moving forward together❣️
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.