• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

new and hello from Angela

AngelaC

Hello,I am Angela and a pre op transsexual.Living my life,I was the typical happy male with a good life and realized I always wanted to be one of the girls.My parents knew I was way different from my half brother.I thought I was a crossdresser and did this a lot thinking it was the answer.It was not and knew I wanted to transition becoming a woman.It was finally at the age of 20 I came out about it,my parents were for it and knew it was best for me.My half brother and I were close before I came out and it broke apart after I came out.Stopped talking,unfortunately lost him in a car wreck before I started my transition.It hit us hard and knew it was his fault,he was drinking that night.With me,parents said it was good loss with a son becoming a happier daughter.I totally decided 100% against the SRS when I was 23,knew I could not part ways with down there gone.My parents support my decision on this 100% knowing this was my choice.I have a great partner,Jill in my life whom is a pre op transsexual too which we have been married for 3 years now.Her life was like mine and helped her through her transition too

• Root Admin

Hello Angela,

Welcome to Transgender Pulse.  Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. We'll do our best to provide answers.  :)

MaryEllen

Dear Angela, it's nice to meet you and welcome to Trans Pulse! Thank you for sharing some of your story in your introduction, I know a number of us (including myself!) relate to your experiences as well. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your falling out with your brother and losing him, that must be a lot for you to process. Though, it's wonderful and beautiful to hear that you and your partner are supporting one another in transition. We'll all looking forward to getting to know you better!

Love,

~Audrey.

It was tough losing my half brother,told don't do it and did it.My half brother was 24 when he was killed and had 2 DUI convictions on his record.My partner Jill's family,they say I have been the best thing for her

• Forum Moderator

Hi Angela,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf?