• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Seeing a new doctor hopefully going back on HRT

Denisenj

All I got to say is I'm ready to let the journey begin once I start there's no turning back like last time. I'm starting to feel more confident as Denise and I'm expanding my wardrobe. Do you have to do a full blood count on me I didn't realize when I saw the paperwork what it said they had me listed as female seeing that was so surreal

IMG_20210107_153257006.jpg

Denise, this is exciting news for sure! What a great feeling to see your doctor's office affirming you that way - a sign of a wonderful provider for sure. I believe the labs right now would be to establish baseline levels in case starting HRT has any unexpected effects. Thank you for sharing your joy with all of us, you look fabulous!

Love,

~Audrey.

I felt fabulous I came out to some of my guy friends and a few of them even said I look great don't know if I should take that as a compliment or what all I know is I really do feel good as Denise

• Forum Moderator

I would take that as validation and a complement.  I'm happy to read your confidence is up and you are moving forward.  It seems to me you will be much happier!!

Cheers, Jani

• Forum Moderator

Denise, this is great news. I agree that it's a complement.

Hugs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 101 Guests (See full list)

• Sorourke
    • Sally Stone
    • Petra Jane
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Lydia_R
    • Susie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • MaryEllen
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • MAN8791
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

LostAndForgotten
    Newest Member
    LostAndForgotten

1. Adamtoeve
      Adamtoeve
      (38 years old)
    2. Andy C.
      Andy C.
      (22 years old)
    3. Asher the Enby Goddex
      Asher the Enby Goddex
      (23 years old)
    4. camerashy
      camerashy
      (52 years old)
    5. Stacy S.
      Stacy S.
      (55 years old)
    • Mmindy
      Very nice articles about you and your policy views. I do think that we've missed out when it come to nuclear power generation to reduce our reliance on crude oil and coal. We should have transitioned away from crude oil and coal a long time ago. I'm with Dr. Patrick Moore, former Green Peace founder, on bringing more nuclear power plants online. As for reducing the petrochemical industries use of petroleum based products to manufacture the many consumer products? Many people who don't even think about the everyday used items, coming from refining oil or natural gasses.   On a different topic, have you though about hiring someone to handle your social media platforms ie X aka Twitter, Facebook, Instagram? I think it would help you reach more people quicker on the hot topics. I would follow you and re-post as much as I could.   Best wishes,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I've noticed the same thing, but its often those on the "Left" who want to shut down freedom of speech.  Tell us what words to use, or what we can't say.  Personally, I favor free speech for everybody.  Unlimited and absolute.  Including if/when its destructive or violent.  Better to have some chaos than to give anybody the power to restrict speech.  
    • RaineOnYourParade
      ...I have so many missing assignments    I completed about 10 yesterday and I still have a bunch to do, raised one of my grades from a 49 to a 71 in one night (. _ .')
    • RaineOnYourParade
      (Not sure if this belongs here but whatever)   Okay, I acknowledge the fact that, as long as it's not violent or anything, a transphobe has their right to express their opinion. Whatever. Freedom of Speech, it's an important part of the USA's foundation. They can use the Freedom of Speech defense while doing this, they can yap, fine.   However, I have equal right to say they're wrong and to debate the topic if I wished, as well as to my opinion that they're things I would not be able to say on this forum, even if I don't personally voice these things     Suddenly, people don't like freedom of speech anymore. It seems to be some people's favorite Amendment until someone else uses the same right.
    • Vidanjali
      Have you considered the research that has been done substantiating overpopulation problem as a myth? For example, here is an article by a regional population economics researcher and agricultural economist. https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2017/12/12/16766872/overpopulation-exaggerated-concern-climate-change-world-population   Moreover, legal limits on childbirth have had unfortunate consequences for China which go well beyond being scary or controversial, but affecting the economy, workforce, and intellectual and creative wealth of the nation. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/02/china-population-control-two-child-policy   And noting that such an idea is scary and controversial, I think, is an understatement. We are seeing many unfortunate (that word, also, an understatement) consequences of illegal abortion in the US. A websearch reveals article after article about people who have suffered tremendously from being denied fertility healthcare overtly and technically related to abortion. Below is an overview. https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/04/18/human-rights-crisis-abortion-united-states-after-dobbs#:~:text=Abortion bans also harm women's,are exposed to abusive relationships.   Not to mention the fact that Black people are STILL disproportionately harmed and abused by the medical community. Legalized limits on childbirth would likewise be  disproportionately harmful to Black people and other disenfranchised populations. An overview: https://www.kff.org/racial-equity-and-health-policy/issue-brief/how-present-day-health-disparities-for-black-people-are-linked-to-past-policies-and-events/   And certainly the legal limit on childbirth was enforced discriminatorily in China as well. https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-news-international-news-weekend-reads-china-health-269b3de1af34e17c1941a514f78d764c   One must consider that a dynamic issue such a global sustainability is not solved by addressing only one variable. Instead, a dynamic solution is required. Such a solution would entail, in my opinion, addressing inequities and manifesting progress rather than enforcing restrictions on people's bodies.    
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I think your biggest issue in campaigning is going to be funding.  It simply takes great buckets of money to get into state office, let alone federal.    As for population, I think you're barking up the wrong tree when it comes to America.  Our population is only increasing by immigration. It is 3rd-world nations who have kids like crazy, and then lots of their extra people come to the USA.  Lets look at Nigeria for an example.  Nigeria has a land area of 366k square miles (equivalent to 5 or 6 US midwest states).  They have 218 million people crammed in that space, and most of them want to leave and go elsewhere.  In 1950, Nigeria's population was 32 million - 7x less than today.  In 1950, the population of the USA was 158 million, around half of the 333 million we have today.  And that doesn't take immigration into account.   Our population would mostly be stable or even decline if it wasn't for immigration.  So if you want to decrease our domestic population, you'd be looking at a moratorium on immigration....and you wouldn't be running as a Democrat to get that one done.  As for "one kid for every two women," how to you propose to do that?  Chinese-style "one child policy" or government license to have a kid?  China ended up with a demographic collapse, and they have removed the policy.  Then there's 1st Amendment issues.  In Christianity, children are considered to be a good thing.  My area is predominantly Christian, and it is not uncommon to see a woman with 5 or 6 kids.  To accomplish a population reduction goal in the USA, you'd be looking to add a new Amendment to the Constitution, and also have years of litigation regarding infringement on religious freedom.    My own faith community permits plural marriage, and we have "exponential reproduction" as a central principle.  The goal being to increase the size of our community, partly for security and political influence.  At our current reproductive rate (along with shorter generations), we hope to go from a population in the low hundreds to a population of hundreds of thousands by the 22nd century.    Honestly, what I'd like to see (assuming the world stays intact and we don't see the End Times / Apocalypse) is space colonization.  Imagine if we had new planets for people to go to?  We wouldn't have to worry anymore.  Perhaps push for funding for space exploration?  Research to create usable long-distance space ships? 
    • Birdie
      Maybelline has an online app where you can upload an image or use your face real-time to try on makeup before you buy it.    I used the app on my teenage face and it works great.   
    • Mirrabooka
      We love udon noodles here! Sometimes we have the skinny Singaporean ones, sometimes we have rice, but those fat buggers are simply devine! 😍
    • Lydia_R
      My Gen Z transwoman roommate and my Gen X drummer roommate and I made two wonderful stir fry in the traditional wok on the high power propane burner on the back deck.  We splurged both times and had udon noodles in them with brussel sprouts, pepper and onions with a peanut and sesame sauce.   Been having them with seasoned white rice lately too.  I've been enjoying putting dill in them with the toasted sesame oil, turmeric and white pepper.
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,   It's grass cutting day here on our little corner lot. The sidewalk that goes along the south side of our house, leads to a city park so we get a ton of foot traffic on it. I keep the lawn mowed and the sidewalk edged for the best street appeal. Several in the neighborhood have said its the slowest part of the walk because they have to stop to look at the flowers or watch a bird at the feeder. All of the dogs know they have fun hugs coming from me if I'm in the yard, and the conversations with the neighbors also give their hearts a chance to reach a resting beat.   @April Marie while you're working on your tan, please don't forget sunscreen. @KymmieLgood luck with the job search, it's so stressful to be the punching bag at work. @WillowI've never sold a car to a friend or someone I knew. Buyer beware, sold as is.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mirrabooka
      We pulled a leftover beef stir-fry out of the freezer. With Asian greens, noodles, cashews, all in a honey/sesame sauce.
    • Mirrabooka
      Oh @April Marie, sssstop it!!! 😍
    • Mirrabooka
      Whether it is Sunday or not - may I ask, how long does the whole process take?    My every-morning basic 'beauty routine' - shave face/wash/hair/other grooming already takes over 10 minutes. My wife is basically beating down the door, lol! 
    • Ivy
      We did pretty well for almost 40 years.   But by then we were kinda moving in different directions spiritually and on some other things.  I might have moved the most significantly.  I think my trans woman was trying to assert herself, although it still took a little more time for the egg to crack.     I was the one who moved out (although we had been sleeping in separate rooms for about a year).  I was satisfied to just be separated, but after a bit she filed for divorce.  I didn't contest it - our kids were all adults by then.  She remarried, I haven't.  Now her husband has died and she is back in this area.   Yeah, we are still friends, but sometimes it's hard for me if I've been around her.  I do miss her.  She uses my now name and gender for me.   I am lonely.  I think I could remarry, maybe, if I found the right person, but I don't see much chance of that.  I'm in my 70's, this is a pretty conservative area, and I am a transgender woman.  So this is how it is - at least for me.
    • missyjo
      daisy nightie..soon to be bike shorts n t for alpaca sheering day..then shower b something cute for dinner   all the hair ideas..I started biotin..thought him was just ed..interesting..did you pick hims for a reason?   hugs to all    
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.