• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My transition journal.

Red_Lauren.

I figured I might just keep a public journal about my transition. At least about the medical side. I might not update it monthly, but that depends on seeing are major changes. With me reaching my two month mark Thursday. I figured with some of the changes I have seen since. its probably I good idea to write these down. To reread in the future and to sorta help others. 

The first month there really wasn't a whole of changes. Softer skin, more emotional, my sex drive slowed, and that was about it. 

The second month was were more changes happened, and ill go in to full details. 

hair on my head and body. What body hair I regularly wax, shave or laser. Has slowed a bit in growth, and is softer when it dose grow back. My head hair looks like it has a tad more volume, stronger, doesn't get as oily as quick. I can now wash my hair every other day vs every day.  I have had a few hairs pop back up on my hair line, and noticing less full length, and broken hairs in the shower, or brush. 

Emotional I get more annoyed with small things' and people Sorta like I did through puberty version one, but at a different level. It reminds me of being around my friends that have teenage daughters. I can't fully cry yet, but I can get watery eyes at some thing sad, or good for me. I sorta get pms about once a month. So my a joy to be around that time. 

Physically My stamina and strength has gone down the pipe. Considering I worked a hard manual labor jobs my whole life. Im also a lot more tired. My skin is softer and smoother everywhere. My hands look slimmer, and less veiny, and for the last week. My nipples have been sore. So breast buds have developed. The man stink is also gone. 

The surprising things. My taste buds, and appite have changed. I crave more salty foods. Like beef jerky, nuts, pork, and fish. While my normal bad diet has gone away also. I don't crave junk food like I use to, or sweets. Don't get me wrong. I still like cholate, but its switched to more facny stuff instead of the snickers bar. I can't eat fruit, or even red munch any more. Since im no longer feeding a male body. I don't need to physically eat as munch, and I'm not Hungary as offen. If I do get Hungary. I grab some thing healthy instead chips, or what ever else I can find. With out even thinking. I still drink well over 100oz of water a day. 

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Red_Lauren. said:

The surprising things. My taste buds, and appite have changed. I crave more salty foods. Like beef jerky, nuts, pork, and fish. While my normal bad diet has gone away also. I don't crave junk food like I use to, or sweets. Don't get me wrong. I still like cholate, but its switched to more facny stuff instead of the snickers bar. I can't eat fruit, or even red munch any more. Since im no longer feeding a male body. I don't need to physically eat as munch, and I'm not Hungary as offen. If I do get Hungary. I grab some thing healthy instead chips, or what ever else I can find. With out even thinking. I still drink well over 100oz of water a day. 

That's the sensory bulbs that control your sense of smell getting bigger. There are a lot of stronger smells and flavors that I cannot abide any more. At the same time, there are subtle notes in foods that I'm coming to adore.

And yes, absolutely about the fancy chocolate. I have no idea how Hershey's gets away with the unspeakable things they do to make their chocolate taste like that. Whoever is responsible for that needs to be tried for crimes against humanity.

Hugs!

10 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

That's the sensory bulbs that control your sense of smell getting bigger. There are a lot of stronger smells and flavors that I cannot abide any more. At the same time, there are subtle notes in foods that I'm coming to adore.

And yes, absolutely about the fancy chocolate. I have no idea how Hershey's gets away with the unspeakable things they do to make their chocolate taste like that. Whoever is responsible for that needs to be tried for crimes against humanity.

Hugs!

The first time I noticed the difference in chocolate grades was last week. After I had a facial. She gave me about a piece about the size of a business card. That was the first time I could tell the difference between the good stuff, and normal stuff. I never went oh my God this is so good with chocolate before. I have also noticed. Last night I had some beer. I typically like stouts, and even that tasted more bitter then I remember.