• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

True sisterhood

JeanetteCNA

Hi there.  Let me begin by introducing myself to the community.  I'm Jeanette.  I am a nursing assistant in NC.  I enjoy Iaido, playing and teaching guitar, walking and a little running, and motorcycles. 

I was assigned male at birth.  I came out as trans in 2014.  I started transitioning in November of last year.   I've been on HRT since then. 

Would you like to know what makes me feel feminine and strong?  It is not the clothing I wear (I no longer wear male clothing and present female full time since the first day of 2021); it is not the effects of the hormones.

What makes me feel like a woman, and feminine and strong, is the sisterhood that I experience with my fellow ladies.  It is them who have built me up during my, so far brief time, living as a woman full time.  I do not know if I would have had the courage to make it this far without the support of my sisters.  Not all of my sisters are related, but they are all truly on my side and are supporting me 100%.

I honestly went in to this thinking that I would be all alone.  But my sisters, both relatives and non relatives, have absolutely helped me along.  I am grateful to them and I spoil them whenever I am able to.

I feel loved and cared about when I am with my sisters.  I feel like my true self in my sisterhood.

• Forum Moderator

Salutations @JeanetteCNA and welcome to TransPulse!

You are so right. One of the most amazing things about my transition is being accepted into the sisterhood of the women around me. Just being one of the girls is one of the greatest gifts I can imagine.

Again, welcome to Transpulse! We're glad you're here!

Hugs!

Thank you Jackie C.

I'm so happy to be here.  Yes!  Just being one of the ladies is such a gift.  It makes me feel wanted, validated and just all around warm inside. 

ty for the hugs

• Forum Moderator

I remember being embraced and supported by many lovely women in early transition.  As an alcoholic in recovery i will never forget the evening i was crying and a woman reached into her purse and handed me an embroidered hankie.  I dated the tears feeing terrible to get mascara on such a pretty thing.  When i tried to give it back she looked at me and said "No, i give one to all my girlfriends.  Just pass it on"  Since then i've been blessed to give out quite a few.

Hugs,

Charlize