• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Couplefinding worries

Amelia3

Good day! I'm 17 years old and still on my way to start HRT. However, there's one thing I still worry about. I'm concerned about finding a couple in the future. I'm into girls, that's why I see a big problem here because, well, there's no many girls who love other girls, especially "that kind" of girls because I will not do any surgery. I also want to make a family and a biological child. I know I can freeze the "sample", but it simply might not be returned because in documents I will be another person, so they could just say it is not mine. But even if it would, there's almost no chance that we will have permission to do an IVF because, well, I live in Russia. And this scares me a lot, almost panically. Is this that kind of problem you can solve only with a psychotherapist? It's very important to me, as you can see, so if I don't find any possibilities, I guess, there won't be any choice for me but to cancel the whole process.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Amelia3 said:

I'm into girls, that's why I see a big problem here because, well, there's no many girls who love other girls, especially "that kind" of girls because I will not do any surgery.

Hi Amelia, Nice to meet you and welcome to our forum. I think once you start looking you’ll be surprised how many girls you might meet that could be “into” you. Relationships are so much more than just sex. Yes, it’s a big part of it but with the right person you might have an even better relationship than you could ever expect. You’re still young (as compared to me at 58 anyways) and you have so much to look forward to in this life.

Just be who you are and the rest will fall into place. You’re very fortunate to live in the age of the internet. Getting to know someone is much easier and much faster than ever before. I met my wife online back in 1996. We would have likely never found each other twenty years earlier in the same circumstances. There just weren’t the resources out there or social media platforms available like today way back then. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy as pie to find that perfect soul mate, I’m just saying you shouldn’t let it override your decision to becoming your true self.

Glad to have you with us!

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

On 3/23/2021 at 11:16 AM, Susan R said:

Hi Amelia, Nice to meet you and welcome to our forum. I think once you start looking you’ll be surprised how many girls you might meet that could be “into” you. Relationships are so much more than just sex. Yes, it’s a big part of it but with the right person you might have an even better relationship than you could ever expect. You’re still young (as compared to me at 58 anyways) and you have so much to look forward to in this life.

Just be who you are and the rest will fall into place. You’re very fortunate to live in the age of the internet. Getting to know someone is much easier and much faster than ever before. I met my wife online back in 1996. We would have likely never found each other twenty years earlier in the same circumstances. There just weren’t the resources out there or social media platforms available like today way back then. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy as pie to find that perfect soul mate, I’m just saying you shouldn’t let it override your decision to becoming your true self.

Glad to have you with us!

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

Thank you for your nice words, I believe there is a possibility for me to find a soul mate, but the main worry of mine is doubt of having a genetic child or even a child at all. I'm not sure would it be possible or not