• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Waiting. for the call....

Shawnster

I got all my bloodwork in on the 18th.... My endocrin said she would call me this week, and it's wednesday?!?!?!

Once I get the call, we discuss dosages,and I have my scripts!!!!

My dysphoria is off the charts!!! No real doubts anymore, just the desire to dive right in!?!?!? 

Let's get this party started already!!!!!

Luv&Hugs, Shawn

• Forum Moderator

It seemed like forever for my records and blood tests to get my HRT meds. Feels like it's never going to happen - but believe me - it will - you've passed all the stuff - now it takes the bureaucracy to catch up. Congrats.

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Just got the call!!!! my  

scripts are ordered, and on their way!!!!! Insert happy dance here!!!!!

Luv&Hugs, Shawn

Thanks Mike!!! Now I'm gonna be checking the mail like Ralphy waiting for his decoder ring!?!?!?!

It took a few  months from the time I first started talking with my therapist about restarting HRT until I was actually on them again.  The psychiatrist I was seeing for my MDD had no experience with Trans clients, so she, along with my primary care doctor, referred me to another psychologist at the VA, who is the LGBTQ coordinator at the hospital.  After some time with her, she was comfortable with my overall mental health to refer me to endocrinology.  After the initial appointment with the endocrinologist, and getting blood work done, he consulted with my therapist and primary care, and together, they came up with a coordinated treatment plan for me, and I was able to go back on HRT.  The waiting game you sometimes have to play to get started can seem like an eternity, but the end result is so worth it.

As a side note, it was that first visit with the endocrinologist when the problem was discovered that ultimately led to my cancer diagnosis.  I add this in case anyone reading is considering bypassing the system and self medicating.  Don't do it.  going through the proper channels and seeing the doctors can save your life.

• Forum Moderator

Fasten your seatbelt Shawnster.  This is quite a ride.  At times it seems like it's crawling then zing, zip, wack, and wow, only to go back to slow motion.  Enjoy the journey.

If you get stuck along the way we'll be here at your back to help.

Hugs,

Charlize

I have the go ahead from my therapist to get on HRT. The place that I am interested has a wait list. I had seen someone post on facebook that they waited 5 months (they said normal is 2-3, but with covid it was longer). I had originally contacted them in mid February, so hopefully I hear something by the end of summer. But good luck to you.