• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Topic of the Day

Heather Shay

Well I said imagination based on the idea that the Neanderthals died out because they didn't adapt or prepare for the ice age. As humans, we saw the writing on the wall and stored food, travelled to warmer climates and dressed warmer. Perhaps preparation is what makes us human or maybe the speed in which we adapt?

5 hours ago, LusciousTheLock said:

Well I said imagination based on the idea that the Neanderthals died out because they didn't adapt or prepare for the ice age.

I like to think that in reality Humans or homo sapiens if you like as in us as a race. Do not co exist to well with other species. Even to the point where we hunt other species for fun. Theres not many species out there that hunt for the overall purpose of killing just for the sake of it.

Of course this is only theory. I may be old but not quite that old. :)

• Forum Moderator
19 hours ago, LusciousTheLock said:

Well I said imagination based on the idea that the Neanderthals died out because they didn't adapt or prepare for the ice age. As humans, we saw the writing on the wall and stored food, travelled to warmer climates and dressed warmer. Perhaps preparation is what makes us human or maybe the speed in which we adapt?

Not my field but I have always thought that the Neanderthals interbred with our own species and they didn't totally die out as such. It's not the accepted view but there is evidence, I think, that there was interbreeding.

Tracy

Back to the luck question for a moment:  personally, I believe we make our own luck.  The ingredients include positive thinking, a positive attitude and a willingness to hurdle the little things that tend to get in our way each day.  

7 hours ago, tracy_j said:

I have always thought that the Neanderthals interbred with our own species and they didn't totally die out as such.

Yeah, this is kinda how I see it as well.  

2 hours ago, Sally Stone said:

I believe we make our own luck. 

I don't think we exactly make our luck, but how we deal with it certainly matters.

19 hours ago, Sally Stone said:

Back to the luck question for a moment:  personally, I believe we make our own luck.  The ingredients include positive thinking, a positive attitude and a willingness to hurdle the little things that tend to get in our way each day.  

While i agree a positive attidude makes for a better luck I wouldnt say that would be overall the key. For instance you get a winning lottery ticket or your bet is first past the post. Which are random events. You could have the best positive attidude all day long but its luck that would give you that win.

I suppose you could argue that it really does depend what you want out of life and with a positive attidude you can reach those goals. The think the problem is. It is what your as a person wants from luck. It would be a really nice thought if luck was avaliable in capsule form. Even if it just gave you the opotunity to randomly tap out a few letters on your keyboard and have the script for a blockbuster film or song.

Im going to try. This is for real to.

jjdhwdjwe klkjrlcrncfjdcndf ledkeck

You think i have a winner? :)

Which ironically brings me on the the next question of the day.

If the internet and indeed power to run gadgets was switched off. Could you as a person live some sort of existance without the electronic wonders and ease of the modern world?

Ignore the fact that the world as whole would not proberly be able to cope. But I mean if we all had to go back to the dark ages as far as tech is concerned. Could you Hunt with a bow and arrow or spear or even fish?  Keep warm?  survive??

I think we have become so use to being comforted by the ease of thngs and how easy it is to just go to the supermarket that the essence of being alive  and even being able to live for a few days without these thngs would be a hard task.

• Forum Moderator

I can fish (I hate it, but I can do it), but the inability to get my asthma medications would probably kill me in short order. As soon as those life-saving drugs run out, so do I.

Hugs!

9 hours ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

If the internet and indeed power to run gadgets was switched off. Could you as a person live some sort of existance without the electronic wonders and ease of the modern world?

There was a time when I thought I could. I can do pretty well off the grid (I can draw water from my well by hand, and heat and cook on a woodstove).   But age and a lot of other things have caught up to me now.

I think that serious thought about this shows how interdependent we are on each other and society in general.  Even our remote ancestors lived in tribal groups for support.

10 hours ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

Yes, for 30 days. Food for thirty. Fuel for 30 days running generator. Wood stove for heat plus oil for burner which runs because of generator. Water for 30. 180 gallons stored.

We literally had to live off grid some 8 years ago when the power was out for 7 days. It was winter and average temps were 5 degrees.  My two cars are buried under that snow.

DSCF2958.JPG

• Forum Moderator

Off grid - no problem for me. I love creating music and going into the creative mode with my acoustic guitar would be enough to make me smile.

Yep, grew up without electricity. Not a survival holiday, just dodgy parenting. Tin bath Infront of the fire. Used to hunt rabbits with lurchers and seemed to survive on Rabbits, Pigeons, Eels and Pheasant. Also, once ate a Hedgehog (baked in clay). Read lots and learned to survive off the land. My wife was traumatised at having to poop in the woods on a camping trip near where I grew up. But I'd be fine... However, medication could be a problem.

• Forum Moderator

Probably although I live close enough to nature to reallise it would be hard work. I don't forget my childhood, although I was too young to remember when we lived in a house without electricity, but used to fish in my teens and can and do gut fish. I know the basics of butchering animals although I have never done it. I still remember clobbering a pigeon in the kale when in my teens when bushbeating for shooters and taking it home for dinner. My father prepped it, as he did rabbits and hares as well as gamebirds. I never did that, except for plucking the odd bird, but I watched him work. When I was little people set snares and even gin traps at times although I think they were illegal. When I think of them I do wonder now how dangerous they were if children found them but they were part of country life at the time.

I do also remember the tin bath in front of the fire too! It sounds yucky now when I remember the family took their turn getting bathed. In early days it was also primitive as no indoor flushing toilet just the primitive one outside with a bucket. Not something I would want to go back to but I know its not impossible to live that way.

Yes, a different time. I think its the baggage that would be the problem. Wife and kids. They think the idea of poverty and despair is the Wi-fi going down. 

I do think that we have become far too comfortable with modern life in general and being able to hunt. So you think you could? But actually killing an animal! I shot a bird once. I was about 15 at the time and still, all these years later I feel guilty about it. I would hope in a survival situation we could justify it by saying "It's me or the animal" Also if you were that hungry then the morals just go out the window. So tribes from Africa where they say many of our ancestors started and all over the world hunt to live because it's the only way they can live. There aren't any hamburger restaurants where they are. I would guess it's in our DNA to survive in that way. Just the method has changed. Another challenge would be vegetables. We cannot live on meat alone. As protein-rich as it may be. We still need other nutrients to keep ourselves going. But I suppose we would have to learn to become growers of anything edible and indeed know what is edible from the land. There's so much involved in survival. If all we came to know just stopped. Also, take into account the fact you wouldn't be alone. I would like to think everyone would share and create a community of sorts. But sadly there's a lot of really nasty people out there wherein a lawless society would not have any issues with doing you harm just for their own gains.

Which does bring me on to the next topic of the day regarding death.

Have you ever had a paranormal experiance?

Here is mine:

Many years ago I was in a room with a then friend. This room was well known to me and not in a strange house or any particular supposedly haunted place. Their air started to get a little bit of a chill. Then we both observed an apparition walk out of the wall and across the room then through a wall on the other side. Now I would have just dismissed it as my eyes playing a trick on me. But we both see the same thing. If I recall the figure was dressed like someone from the 16,00 period of England. Think of Shakespeare and you have the dress code. Strangle enough I was not scared. More shocked. Since then I have always had to spend the night with paranormal investigators in haunted locations to see if i heard or see anything as i would have no issues with walking towald the sight or sound just to prove that it is real. This is actually on my bucket list.

I see things out of the corner of my eye all the time.   But I don't know as that is anything or not.   I do have an open mind and I know weird stuff happens.  I do believe we can and do interact with "spirits", and I know I have.   But a skeptic would just say I'm a little bit crazy.  It is true that certain places just have. a "feel" about them.

I will say I don't really trust folks who claim to have it all figured out.  I mean, they don't even agree with each other.

• Forum Moderator

Hate killing - was forced to kill rabbit although I shot behind it it stopped and turned. I would figure out a way to eat veggies.

Paranormal - I was recording in a 24 track recording studio in 1980 and there was a ghost I was told hung out there. At about 2 in the morning I was singing and I scaught sight of something out of my eye to my left and then when I turned back to the music stand that was about 3 feet from me (I didn't touch it) but it was moving and then stopped. But - I got a good vocal on the track I was recording so I was happy about that. I did see the ghost again in the hallway later that week and thanked him or her for helping me get a good take.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

Yes.

Home (bluebellhillghost.co.uk)

I saw this ghost in the usual spot (As recorded on the map) finishing work at 3am around two months ago. I was driving up the road just below the bridge and a figure in black was stood at the end of a driveway. As I approached, I was focusing on the figure appearing female and dressed in a black dress, wondering what someone was doing out that time of night, when it appeared to step backwards into a tree. I could feel my hair standing on end and considered stopping, but decided to not hang about! My Dad also saw a figure back in the 60's in the same area. he was cycling past, an elderly lady. as he passed he smelled a terrible smell like a dead animal. Turned round to look at the woman and she was gone. No houses there in those days, just open countryside.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 86 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • Dani_
    • Andy C.
    • Betty K
    • Karen Carey
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

CrystalMarie
    Newest Member
    CrystalMarie

1. DaveMK
      DaveMK
    2. Heidi45
      Heidi45
      (46 years old)
    3. Jordy
      Jordy
      (42 years old)
    4. stella
      stella
      (61 years old)
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I'm finally home after a really long day.  I haven't been online much because I've been with my husband, helping the victims of the tornado in the neighboring county.   A lot of progress has been made in 4 days.  Some electricity has been restored, and wreckage has been cleared away from the roads.  We got the kitchen and lodging areas set up for the folks who lost their homes, so hopefully local folks can take over now.  Its amazing how much food has been donated so far, and clothes being collected.  My husband's company donated electrical equipment, and the time of work crews to install it.  They're going to be really busy in the coming weeks, with work locally, producing parts, and fulfilling orders from other areas.  So many places have been severely damaged in recent weeks.    For the moment, my part in the work is completed.  Now comes the next struggle - taking care of my husband.  He was finally able to come home tonight, since the situation is stable and their local people are gradually taking over.  But he stayed awake from Sunday morning until this evening, working constantly with only brief naps.    I'm already getting the medicines prepared, because I know he'll have a cold or the flu by this weekend.      Very true.  I think they have been teaching math in a different way for the last 30 years.  Kids aren't proficient in it...I know I'm not.  My husband believes in knowing how to do calculations on paper, just in case.  Its interesting to watch him scratch a few figures on the back of a receipt, just to check.  I never fully learned long division in school, and anything algebra was way beyond me.  Easy enough to get a passing grade without really knowing the material.  I've slowly learned some of what I should have known years ago...
    • EasyE
      Vicky is spot on. Find a therapist who can help you walk through these next steps. That did so much for me just to have someone there to listen, smile, ask me lots of questions and validate all my thoughts and feelings. It has helped me find me!   I am no professional, just a friend on the journey who wants you to know that you are not alone, you are in great company here and that you are a one-of-a-kind treasure. Best wishes and blessings to you!   EasyE
    • EasyE
      So ...  I obeyed the request you all made to talk with my doc about my fatigue. Thanks for looking out for me!!   He ordered blood work last week and thankfully there are no issues with my thyroid or other things being out of balance (my potassium is back in normal range).   The only flag on the test: My T is low! That is without spiro (and maybe was low even before I began HRT?? Just my speculation)   My E levels are on the high end of the normal range. Waiting for the doc's report on everything. I likely saw the test results before he did... thanks for your concern. 
    • missyjo
      hi friends so I'm reading on electrolysis n it seems it's touchy or bad for epilepsy    does anyone have input on safely getting electrolysis with epilepsy?    good providers..even if doctors? thank you
    • EasyE
      Congrats on this step of your journey... will be interesting to see how things go for you as I am only about eight weeks ahead and doing a little different plan... I did a lot of reading on estrogen monotherapy (no spiro) and my doc was OK starting me on an E patch alone. I have already stepped up the dosage once... I have experienced some mild effects thus far. Some "plumping" in my chest (that at least I have noticed) and a little more roller coaster emotions being the biggest...   Enjoy the ride. Welcome to the party. As others have shared, there are a lot of great, thoughtful people on here. I like to draw from the many varied experiences others have had and am learning a lot from that! Blessings to you!!   Easy
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      My cooking the last few days has all been in large batches, and not at home.  I guess my skills feeding a large family helped, since I've been working in an aid kitchen for folks who are now homeless because of a tornado.  Simple food, in really big pots.  Here's a simple but filling "guideline" (I won't call it a recipe) for something you can throw together to feed a crowd:   Red lentils and barley in equal quantities Meat of some kind - sausage, chicken...even Spam or hot dogs can work Onions Celery Something green - swiss chard, bok choy, cabbage.... whatever.    Add spices.  Salt, pepper, oregano, and maybe a bit of cumin.  Taste and adjust ingredients.  Boil while stirring, making sure nothing sticks to the bottom.  This soup should be thick, almost to the point of the spoon being able to stand up straight in the pot.  When serving, you can garnish with a tomato slice and a bit of sour cream, if you have it.    This kind of food is very filling, cheap and easy to make, and has a lot of protein.  Not just from the meat, but from the combined complimentary amino acids of the lentils and barley.  You could also use wheat and rice, beans and rice, or similar.  Its a good recipe for people in need of simple nourishment and fuel for hard work. 
    • VickySGV
      All of these are very common things that have been discussed by our members here over the years.  It sounds very much to me that you need to find a Therapist who deals in Gender issues and get some therapy going.  Where it will eventually take you is not mine or anyone else here's position to tell you who or how you wish to live as, but we can be here to tell you that you are not wrong for having those feelings or questions.  Because you have questions, you have at least a chance of finding answers.  Welcome to the Forums.
    • benwitz2
      This might be really long so apologies in advance. I (26 y/o AMAB) was raised by two women. I have an older sister. All of my role models growing up were wonderful, mostly gay, women; the few male adults I had in my life were angry and abusive. My grandfather beat and psychologically tormented my mom and her twin brother. Whether that's the reason I'm not sure, but there was never any attempt to get me a male role model through a Big Brother program or anything like that. From a young age I felt intense alienation and shame for being male. When I went through puberty I started experiencing social dysphoria. My mannerisms, worldview, likes, dislikes, access to and depth of emotion, conceptions of friendship, intimacy, and romance, etc.-- all of it was/is squarely on the feminine side of the supposed binary. I have very few masculine aspects of self. I feel like a girl in spirit. This is not about the physical body for me, or it at least it wouldn't be if gender wasn't assigned by sex. In the summer of high school I finally met a man who was a beautiful and positive role model for masculinity, but he got terminally ill after one summer. During that summer I didn't feel any more masculine, but I at least had finally found a man that wasn't thrown by that-- he met me where I was, and treated me like he a son or little brother. I don't know if I experience gender dysphoria. I don't have any acute sense of body dysmorphia, but I don't like being seen or thought of as a man. I feel like I'm always performing or lying. I don't identify with my post-pubescent body. Being a boy was ok, but not a man (apparently Contrapoints said that too?). I don't HATE the hair on my chest. I can appreciate it in a detached way. It makes me feel adult, but I don't feel like a man with hair on his chest, if that makes sense. I don't like the message it sends to the world. And while I don't crave a vagina just for its material existence, I want people to treat me like I have one (breasts I'm still considering). I despise my bass singing voice and could count on my fingers how many times I've used it in my life. Sometimes I wish I were gay so that any of this made any sense. When I was 11 or 12 I had a massive, acute existential crisis that led to me going non verbal for a day, and I've been dissociating ever since with some episodes of depersonalization/derealization. Every day I wake up feeling grief and guilt. I used to pin all this on my moms' separation, but that's starting to feel more and more like a red herring. Recently I have theorized that that has something to do with the beginning of puberty, and that I removed myself from my body when it began to develop. It's very hard for me to "inhabit" my body, and when I do, all I feel is that grief. It's a very odd sensation-- it feels like I used to have this little sister who died when I was a kid. Last night a song from my early childhood brought back what felt like repressed emotions, and I sobbed harder than I have in years. I was racked with grief over a death that never happened of someone I never knew. The obvious trans reading of that is that that little sister was me, and I went into exile when puberty hit. I don't want to transition or be a trans girl-- I want to wake up having been a cis girl this whole time. And to be honest I want to want to be trans so that I can get over this fear and just start transitioning. Others have described their trans awakening as joyful, but all I feel is anger and grief for the way I was born. I am worried that this signals that it's more of an interpersonal schism/learned hatred of being a "man" than it is "genuine" transgenderism. Is it a thing to not want to transition at all, to not want to be transgender, but to want to be just cis of your preferred sex? What if I'm just a really feminine guy, and I'm stuck, as I want to act feminine and be perceived as feminine, but I'm not actually transgender? And if that's true, why do I still want to be transgender? I'm not asking for anyone to tell me whether or not I'm trans, I am just wondering if anyone sees themselves in these experiences.
    • Mikayla2024
      YASSSSSS GIRL!! 🥳🥳🥳   Such a small world, Kathy!! If you live in NS, you’re def a bluenoser in my eyes ⛴️ !! 😊    But thank you so much for the response and advice!! Everyone’s HRT path is def different and I realize that, I’m just thankful that I’m finally starting somewhere and you’re right having the script has totally relieved my dysphoria symptoms even more! It’s like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can finally start the transitioning process !!   The way I see it, It’s only 4 weeks or 28 days on Spiro then I’ll be on Estrogen pills along with it. So, it’s going to come much sooner than I would’ve liked to realize. I just have to trust the process as I’m her first patient ever to do a full transition from the beginning and the fact that she’s willing to take me on and learn about it at the same time makes me really comfortable and trust in her process. The thing I like about her is that she told me she took an online course on gender affirming care on her own time specifically for me. So I believe she might know a thing or two.    We have a plan to do that for 6 months to 1 year and if everything is good with my labs then it’ll be injections and I hear that alone is enough to suppress T once it’s suppressed by the original regiment. 
    • Betty K
      That’s a brilliant analogy! 
    • VickySGV
      Now that you put it that way, I fully agree on its potential for those putting together educational guidelines.  One of my HMO's medical centers, has a garden plot with ONLY our local plants that are poisonous to human beings as part of our diet or skin absorbtion for teaching purposes.  I can easily the document as that sort of display. 
    • Betty K
      I think there is one (and probably only one) way to positively view the Cass Review: it collects all the most powerful weapons of the “gender critical” movement into one convenient repository, at least as regards gender-affirming care. To me, it’s like a crash course in how to fight GC ideology and advocate for trans kids. I am seeing it as my doctorate in the topic.
    • Vidanjali
      That's great. I hope it's a peaceful time of renewal for you.
    • VickySGV
      They have done so already I am afraid.  Nothing new really, but Cass included views of our home brewed bigots to create this. 
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Met up with a teacher I had back in high school and went good.Was 27 years ago I last saw her after I graduated.Walked into her classroom and we hugged calling me Adrianna.Remembered seeing me as male seeing I was holding something in.Told her I am much happier now and said she noticed it now.Even said seen me as an 18 year old and now as a 45 year old transwoman.Did get to walk down the halls bringing back lots of memories too.Ran into another teacher I had too.She said I changed big time.Told her I go as Adrianna now,transgender on the hormones.Also said she noticed I was unhappy at times and I am much happier now.I did take a picture with both of these two
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.