• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

really bad day

whatishappening

My dad accused me of faking being trans, and that since I wear more feminine clothes sometimes, “you don’t feel like a boy all the time, right?” I really feel like overdosing again. I just want to leave here as soon as I can. I feel like I’ll have to move away and completely cut my parents out of my life to be actually free, and to be able to what I think is best instead of what they want for me. I wanna go home, but my house doesn’t feel like my home, and I have no idea where home is. I wanna go home.

Hey, I'm sorry you're having a rough time with family. Please don't overdose, you have a whole life ahead of you, at some point you will be away from your parents and you can live the life of your own desire. One of my favorite quotes is from the book Dinotopia: Windchaser. "Home is within all of us." Home is in your heart, within you. You have a little light in you that wants to keep burning, you just need to keep it going, keep it safe, until you have your opportunity to flourish.

3 hours ago, whatishappening said:

My dad accused me of faking being trans, and that since I wear more feminine clothes sometimes, “you don’t feel like a boy all the time, right?” I really feel like overdosing again.

One of the things you could do is try and recall how many times your dad HAS NOT accused you of being fake trans. ie when he has had normal conversation with you that affirmed your desired identity. Plus Minus matters because the negative always overshadows the positives.