• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Emotional overdrive

Mia Marie

I know we all go through this but I have to say something. Lately I have been feeling a flood of an emotional roller coaster. It seems to come and go and it takes all the strength I can muster up to keep it in check when at work. I wish I knew how to and what to tell my bosses (have several managers and crew chiefs). I get scared when I try and get the nerve to want to tell them so I can work on putting together some timeline or at least get some weight off my shoulders. I kind of retreat into myself and back off. I know at some point I will have no choice in the matter. What scares me even more is my emotional roller coaster. I am afraid it could elevate my timeline for coming out. what can I do?

• Forum Moderator

Well what sort of emotions? The female emotional spectrum is more rich and varied than what you were living with as a male. A lot of trans women report being weepy or giddy. I didn't really have either, there's just more. There are also nuances that the English language doesn't really have words for. It's certainly a different experience though and takes some getting used to.

The good news though? You'll get used to it. Accept it. Love it. Live it.

As for coming out at work: Do it. I know it's scary, but once it's done, it's done. Nothing more to be scared about and you can let someone else handle it for a minute. If you don't advocate for yourself, nobody else will. Other people probably won't figure it out unless you tell them (unless they're perceptive and also trans. I pegged a friend of mine about a year before she came out).

Hugs!

8 hours ago, Mia Marie said:

Lately I have been feeling a flood of an emotional roller coaster.

This can seem weird.  I feel like a 70yr old teenager at times… confusing.

• Forum Moderator

Roll with the emotions and accept and fill joy in the ability to have the emotions. I blocked them all my life and now am so happy to FEEL. You are allowed to feel the full spectrum and don't push them away. I will say when you are ready and come out at work - a great weight will be removed.

Jackie, it's like this. It's the emotions that sometimes wants to make you cry and sometimes makes you want to be angry. Neither are warranted emotions for the time. They seem to happen more when someone at work talks down to me about something I am working on. And it doesn't have to be a hurtful talking down. Sometimes it happens when I become the object of someones verbal joke. I spent my whole life as an object of someones joke. I grew up being teased a lot in school. I think it makes it worse to explain these things to those people. With the emotional roller coaster it takes more will power to hold them back enough so not to break down crying at work or becoming so angry that I jump down people's throats for no reason( this happens less). Growing up the way I did also doesn't make this easier to control.

• Forum Moderator

That's some deep-seated issues sweetie. Definitely something to talk to your therapist about. It won't happen overnight, but I think talking to a professional might help you unpack some of that and process it in a healthy way.

Hugs!

For me I have cried a lot since I started hormones, and have been all over the place emotionally, but I would say for me. Their has been a lot more happy tears shed, and happy days. Compared to my old life. 

I was also bullied a lot as a kid, and a adult for many reasons. As a man though. I generally let it run off my back, and still do as a woman, but there is times where hormones get the best of me, and rip into some one. Those days some times are the best days. It feels good to let emotions go. 

3 hours ago, Red_Lauren. said:

but there is times where hormones get the best of me, and rip into some one. Those days some times are the best days. It feels good to let emotions go. 

This is pretty much what has happened not too long ago. As for the bullying, I got that plus being someone's idea of a joke by name calling me names like "-awesome person-" or "homo" back in the days of school just because I didn't have girlfriends or stories of dating girls. It didn't really stop when I became an adult. I think the hormones are now releasing the anger I was so afraid to say. And yes sometimes it feels good. I can tell you one thing, all the stuff going on today doesn't help with the emotional thing.

10 hours ago, Mia Marie said:

I think the hormones are now releasing the anger I was so afraid to say. And yes sometimes it feels good. I can tell you one thing, all the stuff going on today doesn't help with the emotional thing.

Yea, that is pretty much how I feel. I took a lot of crap at my old job. It wasn't bullying, but other stuff. Mostly from the lazy pricks on first. Who outnumbered use 3-1, so we never got as munch done. I knew I was untouchable there though, but sick of hearing them cry daily, so I left. Before my emotions got the best of me. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 126 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • Pip
    • kristinabee
    • Tiffany 838
    • April Marie
    • MaryEllen
    • EasyE
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Aleksandria
    Newest Member
    Aleksandria

1. Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      Conner_Sent_By_Cyberlife
      (22 years old)
    2. CtN1p
      CtN1p
    3. heyim_finn
      heyim_finn
      (21 years old)
    4. Jayn
      Jayn
    5. joni_girl_1988
      joni_girl_1988
      (51 years old)
    • kristinabee
      I've seen this on a lot of forums tbh. That's how a lot of content ends up on internet archives. You've got loads of bots scanning the site at all times and archiving it. Forums are actually nice (in comparison to social media) in that the guest count gives you a pretty good idea of how actively the site's content is being archived. Basically just don't post anything you don't want archived.
    • MAN8791
      Kids are resiliant with therapy and strong support ;-)    They were all elementary age when their dad died and are teens now, and how they've grown and developed as young people, already, takes my breath away.   I'm working on communicating changes clearly and without shame, which is difficult basically all the time because of feeling guilty over doing gender "wrong" for so long. Working on that myself! <3 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Allow me to add that people should think twice about posting pictures of themselves, with the facial recognition software that is out there.  Those in stealth or who are not fully out may discover they are suddenly and unwillingly fully out in ways they wish had not happened.
    • Charlize
      Funny how when i read the topic name i thought you were asking about the study of plants and animals.  I'm a bit into that as a farmer at va time when a cell phone makes plant  for insect identification easier than it has ever been.    Now on to your topic.  I don't farm in the nude.  I have wondered at whether i would skinny dip as i did as a kid without thought of how my body might affect others.  The effects of hormones makes me different from the average person and perhaps i'm "neither fish nor fowl".  I would certainly depend on who my fellow passengers on that cruise would be.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Abigail Genevieve
      This is also a relatively small forum and it can take a long time, seemingly, for someone to get around to replying to a post. 
    • Charlize
      I am also pretty sure that several of them are folks who are "trans curious".  Sometimes folks who are trying to find their own identity, are attracted to trans folks or who are simply interested in the trans community.   There may also be some who wish to do us harm which is why ......... I've just learned to smile figuring "i'm on candid camera".   I'm sure many of our younger members never experienced that show so my age is showing.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Adrianna Danielle
      He deserves it,is a disgrace
    • MaryEllen
      Most of those "guests" are web bots from China, Indonesia, France etc. looking us over. They are mostly benign.  All they can see or gain access to are the general forums.  Members should be careful not to post anything that could readily identify themselves such as real names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. They do not have access to our gallery, blogs or private messenger. They seem to haunt all forums. Not just us. I should add that they can make us known across the internet. That's how prospective members find us. Google would be a good example.
    • Ashley0616
      I hope he gets what he deserves. 
    • Ashley0616
      Heck I didn't even know they could go up that high! I just have a four burner and one to keep stuff warm. What kind of pies did you make?
    • MaeBe
      I'm sure you'd rock it, girl!
    • KymmieL
      That's all the matters.   Well me and the wife rode to Perkins for breakfast. As we were waiting for our food. Being it is Sunday There are a few gentleman in suits, my guess from church. I think to myself. I hope I never have to wear one of those monkey suits ever again. Now a nice dress maybe.   Hugs,   Kymmie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      From time to time I've looked at 'Who Is Online" and I have consistently noticed that members are ALWAYS outnumbered by Guests by a wide margin, sometimes, like a minute ago, by more than a 10:1 margin.  I have never seen that before on an internet forum.  It can be explained partly by the nature of what this is, that it draws the curious and they are certainly welcome to read here, and to join, but it leaves me with a feeling of being in a fishbowl.  I wonder who ARE these people?  Donald Trump, is that you? Biden? Sinwar? Putin?  We can only guess. 
    • DawnD
      So from time to time my brain gets a hold of information and puts it together with other information in weird way that get me thinking. I was reading about a nudes cruise that they are running out if Miami. It got me thinking that a transgendered person who is also a naturalist, has to be one of the most unlucky people alive. How does one manage that and does that ever come up? Not trying to make fun here, just genuinely curious. Things that make you go hmmmm....
    • MaeBe
      No luck there, really. She's getting a signing bonus plus a little extra that I don't think would cover much in the way of the move, but it is something!   Oh my! I am glad to hear you're not passing anymore blood. I hope they figure it out soon! How distressing!   @April Marie @KymmieL @Mirrabooka @Willow @Justine76, thank you for the kind words and thoughts! We told our best friends last night. There were many tears. Now it's all about the work: selling the house (my wife's friend's son said he may want to buy it direct!), a job (a former employee of mine wants to bring me over to his company--and they're based outside of Tacoma!), and moving (just started going through what we don't want bring and donating things). So things have kicked off.   I'm not so sure of the job, it would be good to work with my former employee (he's great) but I fear the culture may not be super welcoming to someone like me--and the guy doesn't know I'm trans in any way. But I'll give it a shot as my authentic self and see what happens!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.