• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

professional voice hep

Elaine

I am looking for an affordable speech therapy for male to female voice. Group therapy is also fine. any ideas?

I understand now that to reach my goal of a feminized voice will require serious dedication on my part. Up to now it has been a haphazard attempts on YouTube.  I would be interested in hearing recommendations of people that you have used to achieve your voice.

• Admin

I would check with your closest LGBTQ Community Center and see if they can recommend a local person, or can direct you to one of your local colleges that trains speech therapists.  Sometimes the LGBT centers also do group speech therapy.  My other suggestion is that if you have any interest in singing, that there are Gay and Lesbian choruses several places in your state that are wonderfully accepting of Trans people, and since they are all volunteer, the singing lessons and experience they give will help your voice as well.

• Forum Moderator

Personally, I did self-paced courses from Female Voice Club. I got great results, but it was a lot of work (I spent about an hour and a half a day working on my voice doing drills then spent the rest of the day in "girl mode" using what I learned).

The point being that there are online resources as well if there's nobody available in your area.

Hugs!