• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

it's so tempting

whatishappening

my urges to drink have been getting stronger recently. thinking is making my head hurt. i wanna run away from everything, and the ibuprofen isn’t working anymore. everything feels grey. i want it so badly. 

• Forum Moderator

I remember a time when i used almost any reason, or no reason, to drink.  Perhaps alcohol helped for a bit but unlike ibuprofen it constantly required more even when it no longer helped with anything.  I found that in fact it actually made things worse.  If you want,  please join us in the rooms of AA.  

If you are dealing with severe headaches alcohol is definitely not the answer.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

I've had years of experience trying to run away and escape on drugs (yes, alcohol is a drug). They were very insidious things. At first they did give me a pleasurable escape. But that only lasted long enough to get me into a cage, then they let me down. I spent years trying to find that escape again, unsuccessfully. I couldn't find an escape, and I couldn't quit. Where it lead my life was worse than what I was trying to escape.

Alcohol is like a genie in a bottle that grants you a poison wish, then enslaves you with it. As difficult and painful as it is, it's better trying to work through life without the "escape" of alcohol. That's what I've learned through hard experience.

Lots of love and a big hug,

Timber Wolf?

11 hours ago, whatishappening said:

my urges to drink have been getting stronger recently. thinking is making my head hurt. i wanna run away from everything, and the ibuprofen isn’t working anymore. everything feels grey. i want it so badly. 

I too sought to escape my thoughts. Alcohol was my go to for years. It would take me to oblivion for a short bit, & then the thoughts along with a hangover were right there waiting. Today, I try my best to live life on life's terms with a power greater than myself to guide me. Today, when thinking makes my head hurt I try to help someone else. It works.

Hugs!

Delcina