• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Time For Brutal Honesty

Guest Justme

Guest Justme

a few years ago I put up a 2 year battle with the DMV in my state to get them to change policy relating to gender markers on drivers licenses...and what it takes to change that. And , after 2 years of hard work. they blew me off. Since then, I have been trying to find a home in a state where I can change my markers. But. to date, I have been unable to find a place i can afford that will also accept my two senior citizen dogs. Seems like most landlords want nothing to do with dogs anymore. So, I have been thinking. since I can't move, maybe it's time to take up the battle again. Not only with the DMV, but with co=workers and nieghbors that , even though I have been honest with them...they continue to harrass me. Maybe it's time to be the martyr., and shove my truth down these peoples throats. And, if they retaliate....at least someone will have to take notice. I am just tired of having a life on hold....because the general population wants to think people like me don't exist.

Do the people who harrass you at work do it verbaly?

If so, no one is perfect, select the flaw that annoys each of them and make a point to remind themof it whenever they start on you.

There is no need for physical violence unless attacked but they are working very hard to make your life unpleasant so that must be how they want to be treated - never disappoint them!

I have been known as a sarcastic ------- at any number of places, but they leave me alone becasue I can take it and they usually cannot.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Justme

With everyone. I have tried to educate. I have tried sarcasm. I have tried humor..I have tried everything I can think of....and nothing works. I have been transitioning for a while, and even going to work with a five o'clock shadow....they still refuse to get it. And i am really tired of playing the game. And that's why I am thinking. maybe it's time to push the agenda. Figure the consquences can't be any worse than they are now.

Guest Elizabeth K

Activism is a two edged sword, be careful. Avoid getting targeted by hate groups. It also exposes you as that transsexual that lives in so-in-so (town). BUT activisim is needed. I spoke with a very goodfriend of mine, 4 years post op. She says our biggest problem is most MTF go stealth as soon as practical.

There are ways where I live to get your birth certificate changed, but it requires SRS and certifiction. It also requires a court order. Only then can you change gender markers on your driver's licence. What is ironic is it is simple to change your name, even if the new name is opposite gender.

Go figure.

Lizzy