• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

It's nice to meet you all.

rocksinboxes

• Forum Moderator

Salutations Jade! Lovely to meet you and welcome to Transpulse!

Please feel free to look around, ask questions and post as the mood strikes you!

I look forward to getting to know you better! We're glad you're here!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Nice to meet you Jade.? Glad you joined us. Please tell us a little about yourself, if you’d like. It would be nice to get to know some of your story and what got you to this point in your journey. I’m sure a few others here might appreciate it too.

My Best,

Susan R?

There's not really a lot to tell about me. I came out at 42. I have been in the closet for decades. It has been awesome that I can live as my authentic self now. Everyone has been very supportive so far, including my parents are supportive. Thanks a lot for asking. I'm lucky to have an awesome support system.

On 9/20/2021 at 10:54 PM, Susan R said:

Nice to meet you Jade.? Glad you joined us. Please tell us a little about yourself, if you’d like. It would be nice to get to know some of your story and what got you to this point in your journey. I’m sure a few others here might appreciate it too.

My Best,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
On 9/22/2021 at 11:40 AM, rocksinboxes said:

There's not really a lot to tell about me. I came out at 42. I have been in the closet for decades. It has been awesome that I can live as my authentic self now. Everyone has been very supportive so far, including my parents are supportive. Thanks a lot for asking. I'm lucky to have an awesome support system.

Sounds like it’s going very well for you with very few pot holes in you path. That in itself is amazing. Much of the support needed here is relational issues when coming out. Having your parent’s support is just as wonderful. Did you have any temporary pullback after the initial coming out? This was a theme in my coming out scenarios so I am curious.

Was there anything that prompted you to come out when you did? Perhaps there was a trigger, a death in the family or other significant event that made you decide..”I’m not waiting any longer….Today’s the day!”

Feel free to ignore any or all of my questions. I’m always interested in these kind of journeys and what prompted change. I waited until 56 before finally making the switch. Everyone seems to have their reasons why they did it when they did.

Thanks for giving us a little more background on yourself.

My Best,

Susan R?

On 9/23/2021 at 10:45 PM, Susan R said:

Sounds like it’s going very well for you with very few pot holes in you path. That in itself is amazing. Much of the support needed here is relational issues when coming out. Having your parent’s support is just as wonderful. Did you have any temporary pullback after the initial coming out? This was a theme in my coming out scenarios so I am curious.

Was there anything that prompted you to come out when you did? Perhaps there was a trigger, a death in the family or other significant event that made you decide..”I’m not waiting any longer….Today’s the day!”

Feel free to ignore any or all of my questions. I’m always interested in these kind of journeys and what prompted change. I waited until 56 before finally making the switch. Everyone seems to have their reasons why they did it when they did.

Thanks for giving us a little more background on yourself.

My Best,

Susan R?

Pretty much are all my transphobic relatives who I know of are dead. I just one day decided that I had enough and I didn’t want to regret it, yolo. There wasn’t any pullback with my family. They just wanted to make sure that I was serious and I was getting my hrt from a doctor. My dad said that he respected me for telling him. They didn’t have issue with my name change or my plan to get surgery. I still have had lots of problems with people and society. My family is one thing I’m glad that I don’t have to deal with. I still have lots of issues though I’m dealing with. That’s why I’m here.