• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Court papers

Mia Marie

I am almost ready to mail out my petition for name and gender maker change. Tuesday I go get my finger print card done and I am hoping my therapist finishes and sends me the supporting letter to go along with my doctors letter. I know i don't need one from the therapist but I feel i might need a little more ammo for getting the judge to sign off on the court order. This is also something I am planning on not telling my parents for a while. I need them to get used to a new look in me first. I hope it won't take long to get the the court order signed so I can get my documents changed.

Good luck and I hope it goes well. Changing your legal name and gender is significant. The next step is changing it through Social Security, then your drivers license. 

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Mia Marie said:

I hope it won't take long to get the the court order signed so I can get my documents changed.

I don't know about Texas, but it didn't take long AT ALL for me. I guess it depends on how badly COVID backed up the court system. It should be at least 30 days before your hearing though.

Hopefully it'll be as easy as mine. In, out and then down into the basement for copies of the paperwork.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Mia Marie.  I found that my legal name change was as important as any thing i did in transition.  It sounds like you will be well repaired.  

Hugs,

Charlize

Good luck. The waiting game was the hardest part for me. Also, some places, especially social security, wanted a copy of both new and old ID cards. The old one cannot be expired.