• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"Say Gay" billboards are appearing in Florida cities

Vidanjali

Returning home from Miami a few nights ago, I noticed a billboard which said "SAY GAY". It made me smile. Evidently these billboards are popping up in several Florida cities as a reaction to the signing of the so-called don't say gay bill into law in Florida. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/billboards-florida-encourage-people-say-gay-rcna22037

3 minutes ago, Vidanjali said:

Returning home from Miami a few nights ago, I noticed a billboard which said "SAY GAY". It made me smile. Evidently these billboards are popping up in several Florida cities as a reaction to the signing of the so-called don't say gay bill into law in Florida. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/billboards-florida-encourage-people-say-gay-rcna22037

awesome.  

• Forum Moderator

I watched the video and felt sick.  Involving those children, dressed in their religious school uniforms, simply added to the sickness of the hate this kind of legislation ferments.  Picking on the weakest element of society has a long repugnant history in politics.  

I love the billboards!!!!

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin
43 minutes ago, Charlize said:

Involving those children, dressed in their religious school uniforms, simply added to the sickness of the hate this kind of legislation ferments.

Thank you, it was that issue that had been bothering me although I could not put my finger on it at first glimpse.

• Admin

I love the billboards.  They won't change any minds, but if they piss off DeSantis, it will have been worth every penny to put them up.

Carolyn Marie

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 110 Guests (See full list)

• LaurenA
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • VickySGV
    • Karen Carey
    • MAN8791
    • April Marie
    • MaeBe
    • christinakristy2021
    • Ashley0616
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

LostAndForgotten
    Newest Member
    LostAndForgotten

1. Bddk
      Bddk
      (28 years old)
    2. Belladonnakarapinskia
      Belladonnakarapinskia
    3. Breanne_O
      Breanne_O
    4. Danielle57
      Danielle57
    5. ferh.li
      ferh.li
      (20 years old)
    • MaeBe
      Love the look! "What are you doing with that shiny thing!?"
    • Ashley0616
    • MaeBe
      @Birdie @Adrianna Danielle    @Willow    Big news today. We're moving to WA. My wife is taking a job and I am most likely losing mine, so it's adventure time. I'm supposed to be a risk-seeker (Aries, ENTP, etc.) but this is hitting every klaxon and alarm in my brain, but it's going to make my wife and kids happy and it will be a place to make new friends as me without the 45 years of binary baggage. There are tech jobs all over Seattle, which we'll be near, and it's a decent State for trans rights (I don't know how it compares to MN, which is a refuge state). So wish us luck! This could be the best thing ever or rocky as hell, who knows!
    • Ashley0616
      I know the feeling. I had to replace the dishwasher, fridge, stove. The only other issues that could pop up is the washer and dryer and the microwave oh I forgot the toaster. 
    • MaeBe
      That's the hard part of online relationships, they really never get to see the whole you. You either have to create a persona that will carry the day until they get to see you for who you are, or be open and take the risk because it's really easy for them to disconnect because there is little to no bond.   You have to share pictures of your puppy! I am not a dog person, but I can appreciate them in jpg format! My kiddos would love to have a pet, but we're all allergic in some shape or form and my wife and I are like, "no." :D
    • Ashley0616
      I'm sorry Birdie! I wished you could move to a non-stressful place.
    • Ashley0616
      I love shopping for cars with my imaginary budget lol. A mustang is always fun to drive! Every time I felt down or depressed I drove it and it made me happy! 
    • April Marie
      It absolutely does!
    • Ashley0616
      Well things have actually been really good lately. I got a dog last Friday. I forgot how expensive they are but they are worth it. Now if I can just get him potty trained that would be awesome! He only has one particular spot inside that he likes so I try to watch him carefully. He is part German Shepheard and part Lab. He is very low maintenance. The sad part is that he didn't know what to do with a treat nor did he knew how to play fetch instead my youngest was playing fetch. He is kind of getting used to toys somewhat. I'm no longer expecting a relationship because I tell them what is wrong with me because I don't want them to be surprised about anything and they always ghost me. Oh well.
    • Mmindy
      🌈❤️🌈🩷🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋🩷
    • Ashley0616
      Thank you also @Mmindyfor also being there for me. 
    • Mmindy
      Hugs @Ashley0616   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Vidanjali
      It is said that one is the architect of one's own destiny.
    • Ashley0616
      Thank you! I really appreciate your comments. You have done quite a lot and I hope it still continues. 
    • KatieSC
      Even with the court ruling, the problem is that many of the insurance companies continue to have exclusions for everything unrelated to a vaginoplasty. For folks who are transgender females, we still get no protections to ensure we can get electrolysis (other than for genital preparation prior to vaginoplasty), voice/speech therapy or surgery, facial feminization procedures, or body contouring. There are many components that go along with managing our dysphoria. When the government mandates all of these measures, then I will say it was a victory.   I am still worried that all of the progress will be eradicated if the election goes poorly in November. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.