• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

NY MtF Inmate Sentenced to Seven Years for Rape

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

That is indeed terrible for the trans community.  I can only imagine how laws governing bathroom could be affected by this criminal act in a prison.

Hugs,

Charlize

1 hour ago, Charlize said:

That is indeed terrible for the trans community.

Unfortunately the story becomes not that a rape occurred in a prison, but that a Transgender person committed the rape.  Hence we are all dangerous predators.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Charlize said:

That is indeed terrible for the trans community.  I can only imagine how laws governing bathroom could be affected by this criminal act in a prison.

Out of all of these sexual assaults in prison, how many do you think make the news?  How many do you think get a full page story and banner headline?  Just one.  Gosh, I wonder why???

https://www.hrw.org/news/2007/12/15/us-federal-statistics-show-widespread-prison-rape

Carolyn Marie

4 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

Out of all of these sexual assaults in prison, how many do you think make the news?  How many do you think get a full page story and banner headline?  Just one.  Gosh, I wonder why???

https://www.hrw.org/news/2007/12/15/us-federal-statistics-show-widespread-prison-rape

Carolyn Marie

Not to mention that LGBT+ people are overrepresented within the entire criminal justice system (as are POC), and are much more likely to be treated brutally or (sexually) assaulted in prison. 

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/2021/03/02/lgbtq/

• Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

Gosh, I wonder why???

Two words come to mind..paid agenda. It is truly sickening.

More than 1,000 weapons have been recovered since Molina has ramped up search operations again at the start of his tenure, the DOC said.

Conclusion of the article. Literally the last sentence.

This is pretty frightening. And a lot less visible and much harder to defend against of all the crimes that could possibly be committed. How many weapons went undetected? There’s a culture of violence among the general prison population of 5000 inmates. 1000 weapons represents 20% of the prisoners. They have minimized that by hyper focusing on one emotionally charged incident. However that’s par for the course for “journalism.“