• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Proud Of Myself

Guest Sofiadragon

Guest Sofiadragon

I am so proud of myself, today I rode all the way to my therapists office & back as Sofia ususally when I am out riding I am out as my male self :P needless to say this was a personal challenge & I am so happy that I was able to do it. Another great thing about it is that up untill then the longest ride that I had made was about 9 miles round trip & that was as a male of coarse but today the ride that I made was a total of 15.2 miles I am so happy w/ myself.

Another small step along the journey for Sophia!

Yeah, congratulations!

Keep taking those steps and you will get there before you know it!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Sofiadragon

It took my wife about an hour of massaging my legs to get them to where I could walk again :D I don't know what I would do w/out her. I am trying to go as green as I can this is what I am going to be getting next year http://www.terratrike.com/path.php the 8 speed on that one, https://www.terratrike.com/shop/accessories...k-/prod_57.html, & https://www.terratrike.com/shop/accessories...r-/prod_64.html. It will be about $3,000 out the door but I won't have to worry about gas for a car @ all which will be nice, & when I move up to Toronto in 2011 I am going to see if there is an LGBT cycling group up there & if there isn't I am going to see if I can start one :D but GO GREEN!

Guest joe0117

That is a nice bike and I'm sure you can add your own personal touch like air freshners for long trips :P I'm glad you can walk again and good luck for your search with a cycle club!

Joe

Guest Sofiadragon
That is a nice bike and I'm sure you can add your own personal touch like air freshners for long trips :P I'm glad you can walk again and good luck for your search with a cycle club!

Joe

Na I don't need the little air freshener car hanger I will have a can of air freshiner going as I ride along lmao. I am going to have some stuff added to it so I won't need to use the car that much @ all 'cause that will make it more open to my wife & son to use & I also prefer a bike over a car they are alot safer & they are more cost effective, & just in case anyone is wondering yes I will be riding all year round when I am up in Toronto I will be starting this year when I am still down in Ohio.

Guest Joanna Phipps
Na I don't need the little air freshener car hanger I will have a can of air freshiner going as I ride along lmao. I am going to have some stuff added to it so I won't need to use the car that much @ all 'cause that will make it more open to my wife & son to use & I also prefer a bike over a car they are alot safer & they are more cost effective, & just in case anyone is wondering yes I will be riding all year round when I am up in Toronto I will be starting this year when I am still down in Ohio.

Hmmm having grown up in Ottawa, Im not sure the practicality of a bike in -30 but to each their own; personaly at that temp Id rather take the train.

Guest AllisonD

I admire your courage. I would have been terrified. I had transitioned for a couple of years before I risked such open exposure. Sure, I was me at home, in the office, & shopping, but those were all relatively secure places. I wasn't likely to fall or get into an accident that could involve medical and police people that could discover I had yet to do SRS. My easily intimidated/frightened imagination could just see me falling off the bicycle and having helpful passersby discover that my body did not yet match my obvious gender. Ew. I am very impressed that you could do that. I wish I had your guts.

Allison

Guest Sofiadragon
Hmmm having grown up in Ottawa, Im not sure the practicality of a bike in -30 but to each their own; personaly at that temp Id rather take the train.

Well I am going to be having winter riding gear on so I can handle the cold weather. The main reason that I am doing it isn 'cause I am an eco friendly woman & w/ the fearing that I am going to be putting on there I won't have to worry too much about the cold wind 'cause I will be slicing through it.

Way to go! 15 POINT TWO miles :P I decided not to have a bike in San Francisco, although a lot of people do. Too many steep hills for me!