• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Surf Tops

Sol

Okay, so my grandparents are coming down and we always go to the beach with them. 

Thing is, I have one swimsuit and it shows off cleavage and pinches under the arms and if I told you how much I hated the thing in detail we'd be here until next weekend.

With that in mind, I'm looking at surf tops. But I don't want the women's. I did look through them as I'm familiar with the sizing, but just seeing how short some were and the posing and everything about it just rubbed me the wrong way. There was a certain style I liked, so I might come back to that one if all else fails.

I'm looking at men's tops. And I've looked at the pictures, some of those guys have the same bust size and pointier nips than me, so I think it'll work fine. The only thing I can't figure out is sizing. One site used measurements, and I don't have a tape measure, so I'm a bit in the air about what to do and how to navigate the sizing.

Any tips?

Okay, update.

Found a rash guard (what surfers wear) at TJ Maxx by some miracle, and walked out with that and a pair of men's swim trunks!

Dad helped me pick them out and estimated I was a small, so I can fit into a men's small for some things cause those trunks fit perfectly.

Anyway, I'm going to the beach with my grandparents tomorrow so I'll have a lot of fun breaking them in!

And I'm not wearing anything under the rash guard because 1. If you're looking at my chest for long periods of time that's on you, and 2. Not wearing anything actually makes me feel BETTER about my chest than wearing a compression bra because then I know it's there 😑