• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Study: Trans Youth Who Socially Transition Persist In That Identity

Carolyn Marie

44 minutes ago, Carolyn Marie said:

This is the kind of info that the right wing media ignores

A lot harder to employ the good ol' "appeal to emotion" fallacy when looking at "boring" numbers instead of a nicely cherry-picked (and misrepresented if necessary) anecdote.

Well, I believe that the conservative media, also known as the Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda at Fox News, is paying for these so-called news stories about adolescents de-transitioning. There is ample proof that this rarely happens and that the kids do better in the long run. The sadder fact is that some will run into some bumps in the road while transitioning, see all of the negative stuff, get the idea that they should de-transition, and after they mutilate their bodies by having a mastectomy, they will have massive regret from de-transitioning. Mark my words, this will be seen sooner or later. 

I had horrible gynecomastia when I was growing up. I was also gender dysphoric, but had nobody to talk to about it. I kept hoping that something would make me normal. I started getting really bad gynecomastia. Part of me was happy, but the harassment and abuse I had at school was unbearable. I got it in my head that having my breasts removed would make me "normal". It did not work. After a bilateral mastectomy by butchers who were not plastics qualified, I had a disfigured body for the rest of my life. I knew when the surgery was over and I woke up that I had made a mistake. I have lived with this all these years. What I will have to go through to have a breast reconstruction is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. 

Just wait, down the road, those that de-transition will have some huge regrets. The other danger is that these individuals who are being lauded at Fox News for de-transitioning will cause some kids to kill themselves because of their gender dysphoria. I hope I am wrong.

46 minutes ago, Katie23 said:

those that de-transition will have some huge regrets

I believe that a lot of "de-transitioning" is a result of negative social pressure.  Even in this study, a good number who "de-transition" eventually "re-transition".  

You can always "prove" something by cherry-picking your "facts".

• Admin

I posted this compendium of research studies yesterday some of which cover the issue of REGRET.

https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/index.php?/topic/86421-gender-affirming-care-is-not-experimental-part-ii/#comment-804140

At least one of them specifically points out that societal pressure and not personal feelings are the major reason for De-Transitioning, and that if the person does not commit suicide in the meantime, they will RE-transition in 5 years.

1 hour ago, VickySGV said:

At least one of them specifically points out that societal pressure and not personal feelings are the major reason for De-Transitioning, and that if the person does not commit suicide in the meantime, they will RE-transition in 5 years.

Yea, there was something similar that stuck out in my mind from one of the "Dr. Z phd" videos on youtube. Granted, it's not a study and still anecdotal, but she mentioned that in her experience, pretty much all, or at least nearly all, of the detransitioners she'd met had detransitioned not because they found they were wrong about their gender identity, but because of tramatic events that happened to them, things like transphobia, violence or sexual assault.

1 hour ago, Heather Nicole said:

because of tramatic events that happened to them

I sincerely think that that is part of the plan of the transphobes.

Bulling and intimidation work - up to a point.  

• Forum Moderator

None of the teens in the support group seem to have any regrets.  Of course they have not done anything that would have permanent consequences.  After all, we are talking about the conservative  south.  We do have some that have been able to get on puberty blockers at an early age.  And we have a few that are still trying to figure out where the really want to end up.

They all seem to be well adjusted.  Several have issues in that one side of the family supports them and the other doesn’t.  One has a court ordered, you have to call your father every Monday.  Well thats not happening because the dad still dead names and says other nonsupporting things.

I’ll have to checkout Dr Z phd. That’s a new one to me.

Willow

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 80 Guests (See full list)

• awkward-yet-sweet
    • phys
    • kristinabee
    • Petra Jane
    • Ashley0616
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

ka.mayu
    Newest Member
    ka.mayu

1. Ay-la
      Ay-la
      (51 years old)
    2. Camille
      Camille
      (48 years old)
    3. Dressupdoll
      Dressupdoll
      (57 years old)
    4. iliya
      iliya
      (37 years old)
    5. KaylaH
      KaylaH
      (48 years old)
    • KayC
      Welcome @Vivelacors!  For myself and many others here it is a similar theme.  But, I can assure it's never too late.  I hope that you will discover that as you explore and connect with more of us on the Forum.    You've already taken the most important first step ... Self-Affirmation.  I am wishing you the best in continuing this process. Deep breaths ... One step at a time
    • phys
      I can remember as a teenager being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and living in the bible belt. It was always a little hard-I think religion is just tricky anyway.    I was referred to a couple of ladies at church by my mum who gave me very good advice.  One has known those who are are trans- and how they approched it.    The other has two people in their life who identify differently. They also gave other ideas to assist me.     I do like ideas though. 
    • KayC
      If I am leaving the house I will almost always do makeup.  Not over-the-top but enough to feminize my face (eye shadow, mascara), lipstick, and a light cover of a concealer and foundation. I found my favorite lipsticks are Maybelline.  But the concealer/foundation I 'discovered' in Neutrogena Hydro Boost - Hyaluronic Acid based.  For 'older' gals like me I find it moisturizes and doesn't dry into those annoying fine lines (I have enough of those already).    Hopefully, after facial hair removal I might not feel the need as much.
    • Davie
      "A prominent Republican in a swing state just announced he’s backing Biden! This unexpected endorsement and brutal rebuke of Donald is a sign his support is waning." —MARY L. TRUMP
    • April Marie
      Welcome! We are so glad you found us! Actually, you’ll find quite a few of us here who embraced their reality quote late in life. None of us know how much time we have, but we can enjoy the time that we do. Celebrate!    Join in in where you feel comfortable.
    • VickySGV
      Actually the bill seems to be so thoroughly confusing that I doubt that enforcement is even possible.  It could however incite vigilante style actions.  A false accusation against a "looks challenged" Cis woman is very likely to happen early on.  So what will happen in the case of those situations?  I have a script in mind over the sad average looking daughter of one of the legislators getting tangled into one of those situations.  I don't know whether it would be a comedy or a tragedy at the minute.
    • Ashley0616
      Time to bring a self defense weapon. Looking forward to having a gun on my side. 
    • Ashley0616
      https://open.substack.com/pub/erininthemorn/p/mississippi-passes-bill-allowing?r=35q61e&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email
    • Ashley0616
      I don't know yet. I'm sure there is going to be a big crowd. I also would have to keep up with the kids and probably won't enjoy myself mostly. 
    • Ashley0616
      I can understand that. My Keurig is used for hot water mostly and when my mom comes. I mostly use a regular coffee maker. I have had that for 5 years now. I had a Bunn but it didn't last long. I also have a French press and rarely use that. I would love to get a cappuccino maker but that is for later on. Starbucks is getting expensive. My kids favorite thing there is the cake pops. I found out that Walmart Neighborhood Market has them. Typical me getting off topic. lol
    • Vivelacors
      After many years in denial, I have finally acknowledged my femininity. After quite a long life, so much time has been wasted. Now I feel I am too old to enjoy the freedom I now feel. All I can contribute to those who need to embrace their true gender, be BRAVE and don,t waste time!
    • Ivy
      Guess we have to take what we get.
    • Ivy
      Well, welcome M.A. Several of my now grown kids were involved in theater in school.  And one is now a graphic designer.
    • Willow
      Wow what a busy day today.  Clearly the summer crowd is coming into town.  Doesn’t hurt that we have a PGA event here.  It is limited to 100 players. But the spectators is where the crowd is.   i alone more than doubled my usual sales.     we keep hearing thunderstorms however they are staying just west of us for now. The storms in western Tennessee right now are supposed to be here in the morning.    
    • Vidanjali
      Edit: Latest album is called "Drumless". My bad. The name of their tour is Drummer.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.