• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Intimacy Issues

awkward-yet-sweet

I'll try to keep this PG/PG13 (although I think we ought to have an 18+ area of the forum for this sort of stuff.) 

Has anybody experienced physical or psychological intimacy issues with transitioning, hormones, etc?  Did it change your relationships, end them, or did you get through it? 

I've had gender issues for years, finally figured out that I'm intersex and working on a mild FtM transition (at least in how I live my life.)  I started using testosterone cream to change my anatomy a bit, and between that and discovering myself, there's some stuff going on.  My normally high libido is just off the charts right now, and simultaneously I'm not finding intimacy with my female partners to be as interesting.  During my teen/college years I was convinced I was 100% a lesbian, so female partnerships seemed natural.  I needed a partner with the same body type to understand me.  But today I had a crystal clear feeling with a female partner that we no longer have the same body type, and so there's a part of me she just can't understand now.  I know we'll get through it, but that sensation hurt a bit. 

On the flip side, it has painted my relationship with my husband in totally different, vibrant colors.  I always felt there was a mild disconnect between us as a heterosexual pairing.  But now....my craving for that same-sex male contact is so intense that I'm worrying I'll bother him and he'll get tired of me.  When we're apart, I'm practically counting the hours and minutes like some teenager with a crush.  I'm not sure how to deal with how I'm changing.  I feel so mixed up. 

After a life of I guess, both dysphoria and dysmorphia self-acceptance got better when I knew the reason. I got involved with another trans woman early in my transition and it triggered me. So I guess the opposite of your situation.

I am hearing that you are starting to feel more confident in combination to the hormonal changes and I can relate to that because my feelings are deep and intense and sometimes it's hard to guage what's "real", or realistic. I am starting to live fully and it feels like doors opening, but as far as intimacy I have no idea how that translates. I do expect psychological changes for a long time to come along with the physiological and it helps to be in relations with someone who I trust and accepts me in whatever state I am in.

• 3 months later...

I'm still me. The fact that I Identify as another gender than the sex I was assigned at birth. It took me 58 year to recognize this. I am still basically the same person, just the female version.