• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

So tired

Justsam

The day after I do my T shot I feel absolutely exhausted. Is this normal? Testosterone is supposed to increase energy levels. My symptoms only last for one day then I'm back to normal but the day after my shot I literally sleep on and off all day. 

Hmm, I have heard of that before. Maybe it's the sudden introduction of the hormone that brings on such symptoms? Sometimes when a person has been taking such things for some time, they might have reactions like this. I'll have to look into it.

I've been on T for nearly 10 years. I recently had to stop injecting intoy thighs because if was becoming painful. I think from all the scared tissue. Now I inject into my deltoid. There is no pain the first day but then the next day I sleep and my shoulder feels like I've done a big gym session. But it's the tiredness that bothers me. I'm a kindergarten teacher and need all the energy I can get haha 

Oh yeah, definitely. Kindergartners are always full of impossible energy. I can't say for sure, and it really shouldn't matter, but perhaps the change in the injection site might have changed how you reacted T. Because the area in question is more elevated and much closer to the heart, it probably reacts faster. My first instinct on hearing your concern is to perhaps check your bloodwork because your T levels might have dipped at some point due to age and the length you've been taking it, but very likely, it could be the change in injection site.

In general, feeling tired after T day is a pretty normal thing. Sometimes you get tired, sometimes you're fine.

I was feeling very sick for a few weeks so had my T levels checked. Turns out the T I had been buying was fake. My T levels were 58 instead of between 300 and 1000 😔 now I have a stable supplier. Living in Cambodia it's hard to be absolutely sure what you're actually taking. But yes, I think you're right. New injection site and new T could be the culprit 

Oh my gosh. Glad you got it figured out. Being like that can be dangerous if not managed in time. I'm glad it's only the change and nothing else. Since you've started a new T regime, make sure to keep up with your doctor until your levels get better. It's only a matter of time before you're back to 100%.