• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I’m addicted to tucking

Jessicapitts

I’ve become addicted to tucking. Is it safe to tuck 24/7 ? I even tuck at night so I don’t see a bulge in my booty shorts or nightgown . I didn’t even realize the amount of dysphoria I was experiencing until I started tucking and I didn’t want to unalive myself as much . Is that “normal” to feel this way? I mean I’m not interested in using it . It makes me sick to even see it however I like seeing ones that are not mine. I’m curious about the safety aspect of it . So any kind of information would be helpful and thank you in advance for your time.

• Admin

It is not unusual for this type of reaction in our beginnings.  HRT progress will calm it down to more of a habit that you will no longer really think about though.  Freedom, and tucking actually is one, can be a little heady in its early stages.  In time you will no longer pay attention to "bulges" in you, I have never seen on in ANY other Trans person myself, but know they see them when no one else does. 

Hi Jessica! There are quite a few older posts on it if you do a search. I'm not sure of any professional opinion, or other's experience, but I have been tucking without tape 24/7 for over a year & a half & haven't had any issues. Keeping things clean is important. Panties are tight enough where everything stays in place. Control top hose were a bit painful in the beginning, I think due to compression. HRT has helped by reducing my testicle size & erections. I definitely feel less dysphoric when tucked & it's become second nature.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Delcina B said:

I'm not sure of any professional opinion, or other's experience,

A lot of those old posts are other's experiences with the tucking.  Professional opinions are not too common, but if you use the inguinal canals to park the testes, do not push up beyond your comfort level and make sure you keep yourself clean and free of jock itch by usual male methods.  Yeast (jock itch) infections should be discussed with your doctor since there is stuff beyond the drug store counter.

So that's what those little pockets are called. Kind of a gift to us transgender women. Thanks Vicky!

Hugs!

Delcina 

38 minutes ago, Moira Arista said:

Sorry, I was typing with 1 finger. I wish I could tuck. Luckily I'm so small I can't. 

I can't really do a proper tuck either. For me, it's because I'm too overweight (too much fatty tissue getting in the way). Sympathies!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, keeping tucked all the time means the testes will be kept at a temperature too high for sperm production. Keep that in mind if you're interested in procreation at a later time. 

• 4 weeks later...

If tucking 24x7 is working for you, go with it.   I don't think I have ever tucked "correctly", so I had problems.  I wear gaff/tucking panties during daylight hours now and usually tuck it between my legs before I go to sleep.  There are articles out there that tucking 24x7 is bad for you, but there are probably articles that say otherwise.

I believe that I tuck well my femininity is boosted when I put my cute little shorts on and sprawl out and just my mound touches the bed or pillow I’m curled up to this goes into the article I just put on here