• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My intro.

Charlene Samantha

Hello all;

I'm a very private person usually, so this intro will be somewhat brief.

I am 52 years old, divorced and have 4 beautiful daughters. 

I had a 20(+) year career in the Canadian military and law enforcement, ending with an early medical retirement.

I struggled most of my life with thoughts, urges and desires to be female (which I'm sure many of the readers of this forum can relate to), but also more recently with bisexuality.

Long story short, after my divorce I stopped holding myself back, and tried a few things. I won't be explicit, but I found I quite enjoyed these acts, and I found they somehow felt more right than I ever thought possible. I still prefer female partners, but I am now quite comfortable with either gender.

I began HRT officially 8 months ago and as yet have not noticed any real changes, but I look forward to the developments to come, especially the hour glass figure ( or as close as I can get, anyway), and breast development. 

Most of my family knows now, and several close friends. I've been fortunate that I haven't lost and friends or family yet, and I'm grateful for that 

I joined this site to be able to talk to others going thru this, to learn more and ask questions, as there is still a lot of things I am in the dark about. 

I'd have to say it was when Caitlyn Jenner went public that I finally got the nerve to admit to myself and others that transgender is what I am, and there are a whole host of YouTubers I now follow,  special shout out to Jackie Rabbit - the first YouTuber close to my age who gave information relevant to my situation and who gave me a bit of confidence to continue down this path (and who I learned of transgender pulse from).

Well - that's me. 

Hello, and perhaps I'll be chatting and asking questions soon.

Thank you!

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Charlene!  You are right, in that there are many here with similar stories.  We are all grateful to Jackie Rabbit, too, for her service to this community and her support of Trans Pulse and what we do here.

We'll be happy to answer whatever questions you have, to the best of our ability.  Please have a look around the forums, and post wherever you like.  BTW, congratulations on starting HRT.  You journey to womanhood has just begun!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Welcome, Charlene, from another former Canadian military member.  (I was before your time, so our paths wouldn't have crossed.)  Although I don't care for Ms. Jenner, I too was influenced by her coming out to consider my own transition.

This is a great place!

Regards,

Kathy

• Forum Moderator

Good evening Charlene,

Welcome to TransPulseForums, like you I came here as a result of watching Jackie Rabbit on YouTube.

I know you'll find this site as helpful as I do.

Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋