• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Andrea's Surgery......

Andrea Jean

7 hours ago, Andrea Jean said:

over 2 weeks in dialating which is fun had two checkups at the doctors office and doing fine

This is great

Allie's post regarding the estrogen is right on target. I am on estradiol valerate injections. The surgeon insisted that I go off GAHT 2 weeks before surgery and be off of them for several weeks after. I pointed out exactly what Allie had said about cisgender women not having to suppress their ovarian production of hormones. The other practicality is that post-op, they usually have measures in place such as sequential compression devices and enoxaparin (blood thinner similar to heparin) to reduce the incidence of venous thromboembolism (blood clots). Of course, my surgeon was not amused when I challenged him. It was not fun being off my estradiol for a month.

• 3 weeks later...

I was 11 months into estrodiol when I had a years ago.   Since then, no hormones.   Went on spiro until two years ago.   Then I had an orchi.,  Somehow my body feminized quite a bit.  I have B cup boobs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well past my 6 weeks of dialation 4 times a day finally healing good and now down to 2 times a day dialation  which is great no problems at all and feeling better also now don't have to see the doctor for 4 weeks ...so doing alot better now ....

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing your story Andrea.  That's great that you are doing well!

Hugs,

Lydia

• Forum Moderator
On 1/4/2024 at 10:28 AM, Andrea Jean said:

and now down to 2 times a day dialation

Congratulations @Andrea Jean on your successful surgery and recovery. Sounds like everything is on track. I recall how much my life improved when I finally went down to 2 dilations per day. Prior to that, the mid-day dilations were a pain to work into my daily schedule. I’m sure you were ecstatic with that change. What will your final dilation schedule look like in a year or two? It seems there’s a huge variation depending on the surgeon and specific surgical procedure.

My Best,

Susan R🌷

On 1/4/2024 at 12:28 PM, Andrea Jean said:

Well past my 6 weeks of dialation 4 times a day finally healing good and now down to 2 times a day dialation  which is great no problems at all and feeling better also now don't have to see the doctor for 4 weeks ...so doing alot better now ....

Congratulations is there any pain or does the medication help out a lot?