• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Slowly accepting myself

AcedTea87

Hi, my name is Bethany and I'm pretty sure I'm trans. Honestly, I've been questioning my gender for quite some time. Recently, when I stopped feeling so numb, I began to confront these feelings by accepting that I do have them and I can't keep burying them. I feel like I'm starting to truly accept myself and it's brought me here.

• Forum Moderator

Good evening Bethany,

Welcome to TransPulseForums, look around, join in on the conversations. You’re among like minded people, and can be who you believe yourself to be. Locating and talking to a Gender Therapist is a good way to figure things out. 

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Thanks for the welcome! Right now unfortunately, I don't have the means to pay for therapy. I'm trying to get into a new career field to hopefully address that. I don't have much time to express my myself since my living situation isn't ideal for it. Although the times I do get the place to myself, I have dressed en-femme and it made me feel euphoric and much more relaxed.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome @AcedTea87 I see you've met one of the amazing people here and I'm sure more will soon add their welcomes. I'm glad you are here and wish you only the very best.

• Forum Moderator

Therapy did help me.  One thing i found was that throughout my life i had returned to expressing myself and feeling great simply being me.  I saw it never went away.  How far or what direction to take took years but the self acceptance you mentioned allowed me to be myself.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and the kind words! I'll elaborate with a little of my background.

Like I said, I've been questioning myself for some time now. I've been able to track these feelings backwards quite a ways throughout my life in little ways. As a child I once asked my mother what my name would have been if I "had been born a girl". Even more convincingly, my nervous habit of looking for a secluded place to change in the boy's locker room in middle school was likely related to my being trans and not knowing it at the time. For a few years now I've known something was up but, instead of confronting the feelings, I'd push them away and keep up the learned AMAB act. It always made me feel terrible to do that after a while. This time however, I heard some advice I needed to hear and confronted my feelings and it's been a long time since I've felt this happy with myself. I know it's a long road and I'm just starting but, If I'm this happy allowing myself to be what I am then I couldn't possibly keep denying who I am.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 297 Guests (See full list)

• Penrose-Pauling
    • MaryEllen
    • Willow
    • Heather Shay
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

blakethetiredracc00n
    Newest Member
    blakethetiredracc00n

1. FullyHart
      FullyHart
    2. MariPosa
      MariPosa
      (65 years old)
    3. pechenezhka
      pechenezhka
      (17 years old)
    4. Rubycd
      Rubycd
      (59 years old)
    5. Yana
      Yana
      (31 years old)
    • Heather Shay
      RIP David Sanborn - another amazing musician lost to us.  
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Gosh, missed Monday again.   Did you know that Producer Keith Oslen was distraught because the duo his recorded Buckingham-Nicks first album went nowhere? In walked Mick Fleetwood also distraught because once again Flleetwood Mac lost a guitarist in Bob Welsh and he was at least going studio shopping and came to Sound City in LA because he'd heard the drum sound they got there was incredible. He asked Oslen to play something recorded there. Olsen played some of Buckingham-Nicks and Fleetwood loved the sound of the guitarist and wanted Buckingham. Olsen said he comes with Nicks because Olsen managed both. Fleetwood didn't want Nicks but eventually the remaining Mac members said okay and next thing you know - the Fleetwood Mac that scored a huge following was born. Sadly right after the "Fleetwood Mac" album and before "rumours" was recorded, the band got huge headed and got rid of Oslen so they didn't have to play him a lot of music they wanted to keep. Olsen did ok after by recording Ozzy Osbourne, the Grateful Dead, Whitesnake, Pat Benatar, Heart, Santana, Saga, Foreigner, Scorpions, Journey, The Babys, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Joe Walsh, 38 Special, and Eric Burdon & the Animals, among others. BTW - Olsen was also a members in 1967 of a band called Music Machine (not the James Taylor one) that scored a huge hit with the song "Talk Talk"
    • Heather Shay
      Still on contentment high from Sunday.
    • Heather Shay
      CONTENTMENT The relentless pursuit of happiness often overshadows the more subtle yet profound emotional state of contentment. While happiness may be a fleeting high, contentment is the gentle hum of satisfaction that resonates through the soul, offering a sustainable path to life satisfaction. Oscar Wilde's poignant observation encapsulates this truth: "True contentment is not having everything, but in being satisfied with everything you have."
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • VickySGV
      He has also vowed to NOT ACCEPT the election results even if they  clearly show he lost.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://watermarkonline.com/2024/05/13/trump-vows-to-reverse-transgender-student-protections-on-day-one/     Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/mississippi-reeves-transgender-bathroom-ban-public-schools-rcna152036     As in every such case, who will check birth certificates at the restroom doors?  This law will not, and can not, stand.  We'll see you in court, governor.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      I've been looking forward to the legitimate medical groups coming out strongly against Cass' biased and one sided report, so I'm really glad to see the article you posted, @Davie.  Unfortunately, it won't get nearly the coverage that Cass has gotten.  She has done her dirty work.  Hopefully the pushback and investigative reports on her and her support network will result in her work being shown for what it is.  She is a fraud, and sooner or later all frauds are found out.   Carolyn Marie
    • KayC
      CONGRATULATIONS, Jessica!!  That's really BIG! I myself did not experience a huge emotional roller coaster.  It was more like a smooth slide into emotional comfort.  The biggest effect I felt is when my Dr put me on T-blockers first.  I felt a bit 'empty' for a couple of months, but then realized it was just because the 'T-monster' was no longer running around inside of me.  Then I felt it was my new 'normal'. I feel like the estradiol was the 'frosting' on my transition affirmation.  It's been only positives.  I do cry a lot more, but it's only because I finally feel free to allow my emotions to come out.  To me it's not 'hormonal' ... it's FREEDOM!   Everybody is different but it sounds like you are under great care.  I hope you have a beautiful first year in transition on HRT (keep us updated if you can).
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.