• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi there, I'm Dizmo :)

Dizmo

Hi, I'm new to the site and just wanted to poke my head through the e-door and say hello to everyone.

I want to start by saying thank you to the site admin(s) for agreeing to allow me on the site and be a part of the forum(s). When registering, I completely missed the section that says, "Gender identity or Relationship to Transgender Person".

So, a little bit about me...

I'm 37, from England, UK (sorry I'm not willing to be any more specific (internet security and all that, I'm sure you understand)) and have been a member of the LGBTQ+ community for the past 7-ish years. My hobbies include swimming (although I never seem to be able to get around to actually going), computers (online forums/IRC) and most of all I love watching movies/films and TV series' (not long back I watched every episode of 'The Expanse' and rewatched every episode of 'Line of Duty'). I'm not a massive spots fan, to watch or to actually play.

Please feel free to ask my anything and I'll do my best to answer. I'm happy to be called Dizmo or Diz :)

19 minutes ago, Dizmo said:

I'm not a massive spots fan, to watch or to actually play.

Well, that wasn't a very good start. I meant sports fan, not spots!

• Forum Moderator

I thought it was a bit odd that you weren't into spots 😄 .   

Welcome.  Hopefully you will find the support and knowledge that i have found here.  

Hugs,

Charlize

Thanks Charlize, nice to meet you :)

I'm hoping that I'll be able to offer plenty of support to others too.

*hugs*

For all you spots fans! 😂

Screenshot_20230124-162850_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e6cb84216d99fdb79c548a5fa062e564.jpg

Welcome @Dizmo . Great to meet you 😁 I also enjoyed The Expanse. I found so many things about it intriguing, especially the Belter language. I also enjoy swimming. I'm very lucky to have a pool in my yard. I recently got a short wetsuit so I can swim during the winter as we don't have a heater. I'm such a chicken when it comes to being cold. The suit works - I was able to swim in 75 degrees F water (I live in the subtopics), but it took me several minutes to relax - I was more tense from fear of being cold than actually being cold. 🙄 Lol, facing fears in small ways goes far. 

On 1/24/2023 at 9:37 PM, Vidanjali said:

I also enjoy swimming. I'm very lucky to have a pool in my yard.

We also used to have a swimming pool in our yard/garden. We took it out and replaced it for a veg garden, as the pool heater no longer worked and we didn't think we'd have much use for the pool, given that we live in the UK and it's cold most of the year. Admittedly, we do get hotter summers now, it just wasn't worth all the effort to maintain it. We had great vegetables for a few years, so it wasn't all bad!

Sorry I took a while to respond, I'm just trying to get used to communicating on this forum, it's a lot different to the forum I'm used to talking on.

Nice to meet you :)

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Dizmo!  It's great to meet you.  I loved "The Expanse" immensely, so we have that in common.  I'm a total sci fi geek and will watch almost anything of that sort.

Please have a look around the forums and post in whatever thread seems interesting, or start some of your own.  We'll be here to answer questions and offer support.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie