• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello everyone I'm Christy

TheDivaChristy

I'll be 42 this year and have been trans my whole life.

I grew up in a single mother home the youngest of 4 and the only boy.
I suppose my journey started with my sister's playing dress up with me at an early age there are even old pictures of medressed up in a pretty little dress with pig tails and bows in my hair.

Being around all females all the time I developed a deep appreciation for the female body.

I was home schooled because when i we to puvlic school briefly I got picked on beat up and bullied by both boys and girls, because of my feminine appearance and choice of wardrobe.

My mother bought me boys clothes, but I hated wearing them, it felt like being in someone else's skin, and I cried for two week because they cut my hair like a boy.

Even then I did not see my as a boy.

Besides my girl clothes were way prettier and just felt natural to me.

my mother and sisters were so supportive of me and her and my sisters and I would have a lot of fun shopping and picking out clothes for each other and shared a lot of clothes. Being the youngest I got tons of hand me down clothes.

College life was a lot easier for me people were a lot more receptive to the most part but since my high school drama I kept to myself for a long time but eventually made some real good friends that accepted me and were very supportive.

Eventually with encouragement from my friends I started being me more and more in public and around campus and became more and more accepted and became quite popular around campus.

All the girls were supportive and enjoyed helping me with my hair, makeup and clothing

Both girls and guys were taking notice of me and college is where I lost my virginity LOL twice.

I dated both guys and girls off and on.
Even though I prefer physically being a female I prefer to stay bisexual I can have the best of both worlds.

I eventually married my best friend and the most supportive person in my life.
She was always there for me through thick and thin and encouraged to be who I was.
We had the most amazingly beautiful wedding.
Both dressed in matching wedding dresses and our closest friends were our maids of honor.
Since I didn't have a father to walk me down the isle.

Sheri's (my wife) father walked us both down the at the same time arm and arm it was so beautiful not a dry eye in the church including me.
Yes I said she, a bisexual beautiful woman and the sove of my life and best friend.

Over the years I've undergone a few different procedures, nose and facial work, breast implants, hormone treatments, electrolysis, thank God hairy people don't run in the family LOL

I never had gender reassignment done or really plan to.

However I an pretty vain about my appearance and honestly these days most people don't know I started out life as a male, unless I tell them.

When my wife and I are out most people assume we are a lesbian couple which is okay with us.

Attached is a recent pictures of me taken around Christmas.

croc_1674874240999.jpg

avatar_original_1249776_1639985386.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Hi Christy,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf🐾

Thank you Ivy and Timber Wolf

Glad to be here.

Timber Wolf is there an interesting story behind that name? They are beautiful but scary.

Welcome Christy! Glad you're here. Happy for you having family supporting you! Being so far along I'm sure we will benefit from your experience.

Hugs!

Delcina 

Welcome Christy I'm new too. You have the same name as my mom but she spells it differently. 

On 1/31/2023 at 7:15 PM, Delcina B said:

Welcome Christy! Glad you're here. Happy for you having family supporting you! Being so far along I'm sure we will benefit from your experience.

Hugs!

Delcina 

I'd be glad to help if anyone needs somone to talk to or answer any questions about what I've gone through over the years

1 hour ago, rootgrowth said:

Welcome Christy I'm new too. You have the same name as my mom but she spells it differently. 

Welcome to you Rootgrowth

Tell mom I said hi Hopefully she is as supportive to you as my mother has been.

I chose y instead of ie because I felt ie was just too cliche especially for a trans.

My birth name was Christopher, my mom and sisters call me crissy I went somewhere in the middle with Christy

My legal first and middle name is Christine Yvonne

Yvon ne come from one of my favorite actress the Beautiful Yvonne DeCarlo

(Lilly Munster) among many other things,was gorgeous especially in her younger days and I thought the name Yvonne sounded sexy exotic, and mysterious.

Yes I spent a lottttt of time choosing my name.

Lesson 1

Takes your time and choose a name that means something near and dear to your heart.

15 hours ago, TheDivaChristy said:

My birth name was Christopher

My middle name is Christopher after my granddad. Amazing guy. Funny coincidences

I find it really interesting that you seem to have had a somewhat easy time as a young girl, Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe you mentioned that you weren't bullied horribly and no one really seemed to notice or care that you were trans, including your family.

I'm 20, I'm assuming you're an older lady based on your pop culture references and pics. A lot of people are under the impression that being trans in the past was pretty damning for everyone, and dangerous.. So would you mind elaborating a little on your social experiences? 

Also I gotta say you have all the glamour of an Yvonne