• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My story how I knew

heatherd

My story how I knew I was transgender was a secret holding it in.Growing up with a twin brother,he was always the masculine one and I was not.I grew up different than him knowing I was this way starting at age 5.I kept it in not wanting to release it out.Mom noticed things were different with me too,I was acting feminine at times.As I got older I knew it had to come out.I attempted it at age 17 and backed out,was not ready.Finally at age 19,I did my research and knew I was transgender,was time to come about it.It was during supper and said I needed to come about something.I had the courage to come out as transgender.I knew it was not easy.My parents,they saw I was hurting inside for a long time and said they love me no matter what.My twin brother,said he would rather have a happy sister than an unhappy brother.Was diagnosed with gender dysphoria and decided to transition.It was the only option for me.I transitioned for 3 years at age 19 with my family's support and decided not to have the GRS at age 22.It brought my brother and I more closer,he loves me as his twin sister to this day.

5 hours ago, Davie said:

Love to you both, sister.  💜

Great story.

I did learn a lot from it and proving certain people wrong.One was doing things when I was male,said it was not going to happen once I became female.6 months into my transition,proved a couple of my uncle Ralph's friends wrong.Went deer hunting,got a 6 point and shut them up.Luckily my Uncle Ralph was on my side.Therapist said I was a ticking time bomb about to go off,come apart.My family agreed with her 100%,they saw it too

Thanks @heatherd

Glad you have a therapist. For me, I see my anger as only keeping me stuck from moving forwards into my own life, gender choice, dreams. I'm sure it's justified anger, but I refuse tor it to be amplified. I've fought enough already. I know I wouldn't trust myself out in the woods with my anger and a gun. Survive, so you can move on to celebrating your new life, not regretting the past. Sorry if this seems too preachy--I relate, did the same thing: shot a forked horn. Didn't help.

— Davie