• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi, I’m Dana

JustDana

Hi All,

I am Dana and finally got the courage to join.  I am older and have been dealing with my gender identity since I was in my single digits. After a few years of working with a gender therapist, I have finally been able to move past my denial and admit to myself what my true gender identity is. I am an introvert so joining this community is a big step for me.  I don’t know what the future looks like, but it is brighter with the understanding and acceptance of myself.  Working past my fear is my next big challenge. I don’t think transition is in my future as I am a walking autoimmune disease text book.  But who knows…

I have been married for a long time and thankfully my wife is very supportive.  I am not the first family member identifying as transgender but definitely the oldest. So others have blazed the trail if/when I decide to come out to family.

I am very despondent over the magnitude of the anti-trans movement and the misinformation campaign be waged against us.  This is another reason I have joined. Those that would deny us need to know how many of us there are and we will not be pushed back underground or legislated out of existence. 

Finally, as somebody that has been lurking for a while, I would like to say thank you and that you are all a wonderful group of folks.  Very welcoming and sharing.  It is appreciated for folks like me that are perhaps hiding from their identity and knowing there are others out there just like us.

Cheers,

Dana

• Forum Moderator

Welcome dear.  I found that even dealing with my gender issues later has been a wonderful experience.  Enjoy!

Hugs

Charlize

3 hours ago, Charlize said:

Welcome dear.  I found that even dealing with my gender issues later has been a wonderful experience.  Enjoy!

Welcome, @JustDanaand @April Marietoo! You're never too old to be happier, never too old to get new friends. Here we are. Ask any questions, search any subjects. 10,000 members of support. 💜

Thanks everyone!

You're never too old to be happier, never too old to get new friends.

@Davie - very well said.

The internal conflict of being myself and happy versus the fear is exhausting.  Then I remind myself how much better I feel being authentic.