• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A poem to introduce myself in very few words

karmita

Karmita*******Klondike Gold rush? No? / Am transwoman in far north / Mountains of Scotland near / In wilderness inside-outside / Tall but Scots pines tower up / Assynt region not far away.********** This is all I can write at the moment. I am influenced by Japanese Zen Buddhist poetry.

Welcome @karmitaPoetry is always a good introduction for me. Glad to meet your intuitive, sub-conscious side. We owe a debt of gratitude to the Scots, Irish, and English poets as well as the Japanese Zen Buddhists.  Keep coming back.

— Davie

Pudding Creek Haiku

Strings of sea weed and seal laughs  
mix in seven sea gull filled waves
until fog hides our eyes from us.

• 4 weeks later...

Davie, I do appreciate your response and your lovely Pudding Creek Haiku.       Scottish SNP election / for a leader  / Humza Yousaf protects / Transgender people but / Kate Forbes oppresses / need to wait / March the 27th /  I shall know /  I am anxious / maybe Kate wins / and I shall  / feel more alienated / again with sorrow.---Karmita

Thanks. Lovely (and powerful) @karmita There's not enough good politics in poetry.

Frankenstorm Haiku

Clouds punch my wood house
rain hoses the window down.

Cold, my home shutters.