• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Pre op trans girl underwear

Natalie21

I was wondering the best type of underwear for pre op trans girls. I was using Tomboy x athletic boy short underwear(this company is made for LGBTQIA+ ppl) but as my butts grown I get a lot of wedgies. I don’t know if that’s normal. 

Don't know if it's "normal" but it happens. The best advice I can offer is to find a brand you like, in a style that works for you and stick with them. Personally, I avoid thongs, extremely skimpy undies and similar styles. Regular briefs, boy shorts and hipsters seem to work best for me.

Does underwear made for cis woman work or only underwear designed for trans ppl work?

Edited by VickySGV
Corrected per member req.
  • Admin

Underwear made for Cis women will work very well.  We have a lot of information on that here in the older posts, and our main page has size charts on it to help there. 

2 minutes ago, VickySGV said:

Underwear made for Cis women will work very well.  We have a lot of information on that here in the older posts, and our main page has size charts on it to help there. 

I will check that out. Thank you

Again sorry I didn’t put cis I got distracted while typing and I didn’t see a edit button after pressing post. Didn’t mean any disrespect 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Natalie21 said:

Again sorry I didn’t put cis I got distracted while typing and I didn’t see a edit button after pressing post. Didn’t mean any disrespect 

No problem at all, that is why the Moderator/Admin staff is here, to help members who have made mistakes like that.  PM any of us if you catch errors like that.  Staff can do edits but we have had serious problems in the past with members editing their own posts, so we are the ones who do it.  No charge, no bad points, we are here to help.

6 minutes ago, VickySGV said:

No problem at all, that is why the Moderator/Admin staff is here, to help members who have made mistakes like that.  PM any of us if you catch errors like that.  Staff can do edits but we have had serious problems in the past with members editing their own posts, so we are the ones who do it.  No charge, no bad points, we are here to help.

Thank you very much 

• Forum Moderator

I used to wear firm control briefs.  The extra tightness allowed for a secure tuck with no bulge.

I wear bikini briefs from walmart, i wear size 6 and at times one of the acorns might slip out, my wife wears same ones but in a 7, ok here's what i found out when i put on hers by accident, her size 7 had a bit wider gaft or crotch area and nothing slipped out day, i didn't know that size made a difference in that area, just food for thought,

• 1 year later...

I like hipsters. 

Two errors:

Once upon a time I bought some panties that had a seam running front to back.  I really don't know how anyone regardless of plumbing would like that.  AVOID.

Avoid anything narrow that will not behave, in some degree, like a jock strap, because that is a major function.  Things going astray are extremely painful sometimes and you need to find a private place immediately to fix it.  Better to find something that goes from thigh to thigh.

I think wearing gaffs are best. There might still be a bulge but not as bad as wearing anything else. It keeps everything secure and tight plus I just love the way they imitate a thong.