• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Late Middle Ages Trans Realisation?

VulpineCripple

Hi all,

I'm a 47 year old father who recently realised that they may very well have been suppressing my transness for my whole life. I'm still not sure what i am, but i am suddenly sure i am not cis, at least. I've already told my wife, who is being tremendously supportive. I've also reached out to what local support there is, i live in Madrid, but i haven't met any therapists yet.

I guess i'm just looking to make contact, share what i'm going through and read other peoples stories.

I have a visible physical disability and always attributed my feelings of dysphoria to that. I was also a professional dancer for 20-odd years, which has helped me own my body for what it is, i used to 'joke' that my gender was Dancer, but due to a combination of injury and depression i've lost contact with dance.

Anyway, here i am. Thank you to whoever reads this.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome dear.  I'm glad you have joined us.  Like you i had little support locally but i found a warm supportive group here.  I was 63 when i went full time.  The last 11+ years have been wonderful.

Hugs,

Charlize

15 minutes ago, Charlize said:

Welcome dear.  I'm glad you have joined us.  Like you i had little support locally but i found a warm supportive group here.  I was 63 when i went full time.  The last 11+ years have been wonderful.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thank you Charlize. I appreciate the warm welcome!

To clarify, i have no idea how good or bad the local support is, this is all tremendously recent and i've only begun to reach out. Here's hoping, i guess.

• Forum Moderator

Greetings mi querida mujer.  I am sorry to read you have lost your ability for dance.  

I am sure you will find a support group in your city.  A therapist will certainly help with understanding where you are mentally and emotionally.  Congratulations on having a supportive spouse.  

This is a good community here so look around, read and ask any questions you may have.  

Jani

Hey glad you here.

TP is a great place for support. 

My story is bit similar, as in. I start my TS at 49. I was an actor for a long time, but things dry up. However, I have never been married or for that matter, in any serious relationship.

But I just got to point were i was sick of cross dressing, tried of hidden , broke and super depress.

I was able to find a great support group right here . TP members gave me great advice and direction, which i followed.

I have 10yrs in now as my true self. 

I recommend you find a place like this close to home. In most Major metropolitan city in America  we LGTQ center. They were very helpful in providing  me with free medical and mental support. Hopefully you have one there and can reach out to it.

Best of luck 

i forget to mention the Trans Lounge ( [email protected]) they offer free support groups. Every friend at 730pm( western time) they have a support group that might help you out

I think everyone of us who started after age 47 (58 for me!) would be jealous of you starting so young!

Welcome to the forum! If only I’d realized my true self 20 years ago! Relax and enjoy your time here among welcoming, loving friends.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Just reading other peoples accounts has already been very helpful.

• Forum Moderator

I can relate. I'm proud of you coming to that realize much earlier than I did.

Hello and welcome @VulpineCripple. I was 47 when I had my realisation too, though there had been other realisations earlier in life which I chose to ignore. I'm 49 now, nine months on hormones, presenting full-time feminine and the happiest I have ever been. I wish you the best on your own gender journey and hope to bump into you again here at TransPulse.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome. I wish that I had realized when I was in my 40s. and had a supportive spouse. I didn't realize until I was 54. Feel free to ask most any question. Most of us have been there done that.

Kymmie

• 1 month later...

Welcome VulpineCripple! I'm 38 and just came out to my family. I wanted to tell them at a younger age but I knew they wouldn't accept me for me. My wife isn't supportive unfortunately.