• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Help

Guest Clora

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

When I have makeup Qs, I found the best source for info is actually searching the internet and youtube.

You can find great how-to sites and videos for almost anything makeup related. :)

Guest Emily Violet

i dk bout eye shadow but i know bout eyeliner ok heres what you

make sure you have it sharp enough so you dont run out in the middle of doing it

1)then take your bottom eye lid and push it down like your trying to look for something in your eye then take the eye liner and run it closest to your eye lashes and make a line going from one end to the other and thicken as necasary

2)now for the top take the cornor of your eye with your finger and make it squint and again run your eye liner as close to the eyelashes as possible and thicken as necassary

repeat 1 and 2 for the other eye

if you need help i find wikihow.com usefull

Guest DeniseNM

Arielle like Lizzie said the internet is good especially youtube. I have found great tips on there with MakeupgeekTV so you might want to try starting there and just look around.

Denise

Guest pattib

Nice! Finally something I have mastered!

Quick tips for you:

Starting with a good base is key. By that I mean, if you have really oily skin you may want to gently press a tissue or blotting paper on you lids to de-slick them. If your skin is super dry and rough, moisturizing your skin just after washing it really helps.

OK, now for the fun/stressful part. If you are looking for a clean line you will want to start by slightly pulling the outer edge of your eyelid toward your ear. Once you have that nice and fairly taught using the tip of your eye pencil from the outer edge in toward the inner end by your nose. Always making sure to get in as close to your lashes as possible. It just looks better, in my opinion.

If a clean line is not a must then get a decent line going on your lash line and then using a 'smudge' brush or Q-tip rub or smudge over the liner along the lash line. This is part of making a smoky eye look that can be super subtle for every day or made more dramatic for a night or special occasion.

Not to fear, I haven't forgotten about the shadow. I like to start people who aren't used to using liner to be comfortable with it before adding too many other things.

When it comes to shadow I like to suggest starting out lightly with the color and coverage. Much like salt, you can always add more but once you've added too much it becomes a heck of a lot more difficult to get rid of it without ruining the whole thing.

A few keys: if the color you are using is fairly light to super light, you can generally cover your entire lid with it.

if the color you are using is medium to dark, you may want to start by only covering the lower part of your eyelid. Possibly even a smidge over the crease of the lid.

If you are planning on using both, liner and shadow, may I suggest putting the shadow on first then the liner (so it is more dramatic and separate).

Final note: lightly covering your liner with a tiny amount of shadow can really help the liner not melt all over your lid. Trust me, if you have oily skin like I do, once you start wearing the liner you will know what I mean. It makes me sad.

Not sure you want to take my suggestions? Please feel free to look at my one photo. It is of my eye and eyebrow. (I may have had a bit of red wine before getting into my friend's car where I thought it would be great to start taking photos of my eye up close - please disregard the redness)

hope it helps a little

A friend taught me to use a soft pencil type liner above the eyes, and a liquid liner under. It works for me. Personally, I avoid the waterproof mascara, it's so hard to remove, even with the makeup removers you can buy. I had a lot of lashes come out that way. :(

• 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 89 Guests (See full list)

• Mmindy
    • Emily Chen
    • EasyE
    • VickySGV
    • outlaw88
    • Justine76
    • Petra Jane
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Luna29
    Newest Member
    Luna29

1. ciara
      ciara
    2. Jamieleann
      Jamieleann
      (62 years old)
    3. Lukey19252
      Lukey19252
      (22 years old)
    4. Maye
      Maye
      (66 years old)
    5. Spirefreedom
      Spirefreedom
      (21 years old)
    • Mmindy
      Good morning to you @KymmieL from the Eastern Time Zone where it early afternoon. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Justine76
      Welcome to WA! Seattle and the Capital Hill neighborhood in particular have many LGBTQ+ friendly establishments. Seattle Trans Pride 2024 is June 28th ;)  
    • missyjo
      Agree, April you always look so stylish  bravo dear   maddee, do you have furry friends too? aren't they adorable? they've generated a lot of smiles.   Ashley always looking cute   daisy print skirt with white floral blouse over pink lingerie. typing today n maybe movie tonight   hugs
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon M.A.   Welcome to Transgender Pulse Forums, I think you'll find that there are a lot of us who had their first therapist reconsidering our story and recommended us to gender or LGBTQIA specific therapist. I made my first therapist cry after asking me what was my worst experience or memory. She was not prepared for the can of worms I brought to the couch. My second therapist is a gem, she's my age and knows how to work with my thoughts.    My two kids were also involved in the arts programs in school one in theater, the other combined art and modern music.   Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated,    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋  
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Welcome.   This can be a good sounding board and a place to say things you otherwise could not. Be yourself. Find out what that is.   Abby
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I'm wearing a white t shirt and jeans.  The t-shirt is softer than a man's and slightly girly.  Feeling kinda pretty.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      That's very common in internet forums and it is hard not to take it personally sometimes.   You might post "bump" with a smiley face to bring it to the top of the stack, or you might use the @ feature if there are certain people you would really like to have comment on it, and say something like Dear Abby, I would really like your input on this.  Please take a minute and respond.  Thanks!!!
    • Mmindy
      The same for me... That's exactly were MmIndy came from. I started choosing female skins as soon as they became available in the few games I played.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • FinnyFinsterHH
      I recently made my own packer, it only a sock but is there any recommendation for brands to buy when i can gain acess to actual one? My euphria has never been better but only able to do in private.   
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Amazed my relationship with my boyfriend is going well.He is the first guy that has shown he loves and accepts me for who I am.My 2 friends from my Army years came up this morning and did meet him as well.Both said he is a keeper.We have a good friendship that is tight.I credit them for convincing me to come out 21 years ago,saw I had a secret that I was bottling up that needed to come out
    • Mmindy
      Something else I noticed @Ladypcnj Since I use the Unread tab, I don't see threads I've read again until someone replies to it, or the author adds something.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Good morning @Ladypcnj   Some posts get lost in the busy times here. It also maters how people navigate the site. Some only look at their notifications, or tap the All Activity tab which shows them thread they've commented on. (how I see it)... I on the other hand use the Unread tag under Activity. I don't think people ignore post as much as they get caught up reading threads they've already been active in.   Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Ladypcnj
      What to do if post is being ignored? 
    • Ivy
      LOL.  I have done this more than once.
    • Vidanjali
      Thank you for everything you do, @Petra Jane & great thanks to the generosity of The Breast Form Store! It is a pleasure to contribute & I hope many others will as well. Bless you.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.