• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Annheuser-Busch Issues Statement Possibly Backing Away From Trans Influencer

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

https://www.kmov.com/2023/04/14/anheuser-busch-ceo-issues-statement-following-campaign-with-transgender-influencer/

Whitworth doesn't come right out and say it, but I can't read this any other way than that he & the company are capitulating to the right wing haters.  Some companies can take the heat.  Beer doesn't do so well in heat.

Carolyn Marie

This whole thing was stupid anyway.  As usual it was a big fight about nothing.

For my part, I don't see why people drink Bud Lite to start with.  I'd just as soon have water.  I guess drinking Bud Lite will turn you gay or something.  Funny, it never did in the past.

And then, there was that idiot that poured out all his Jack Daniels too.  I'm surprised they don't get rid of their body parts because gay people have them.

Our society is falling apart, but it isn't because of trans people.  These people are doing it to themselves.

As the saying goes, Bud Light is like having sex in a canoe - F'n close to water.  🙂

I agree @Ivy- our society is breaking down and it has nothing to do with gender identity.

• Forum Moderator

I'm no longer a drinker but i'm sorry to see any business apologize for acceptance.  

Hugs,

Charlize

Actually, and I'm afraid my cynicism is really showing here, I think the apology is stemming from the huge sales drop ($24-30 billion depending on which figures are correct) and th4e drop in stock prices Anheuser-Busch has suff eredsince the ad first appeared. Once again, a company is merely paying lip service toward LGBTQ+ causes and once they lose money, they bail out.

Kinda feel like the 'they've lost billions!' is propaganda. 

Their stock over the past year has been as low as 44.90 and as high as 66.73. If you bought at the high point and sold it yesterday, yeah you lost money, about 2 bucks a share. If you bought at the low point and sold on Friday closing price of 64.56 you made money, yeah, almost 20 bucks a share. And as much as certain media outlets are pumping this angle, the stock price could be affected by other things in the world rather than the right wing outrage du jour. 

15 hours ago, April Marie said:

As the saying goes, Bud Light is like having sex in a canoe - F'n close to water.  🙂

I think lake water next to the canoe would probably taste better.  I'm not much of a drinker, but my husband and GF used to be...I've heard them say that Bud what what you drank by the pitcher-full to keep the buzz going after you were already so drunk that you'd drink from the toilet if it had alcohol in it.  🤮

8 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Bud what what you drank by the pitcher-full to keep the buzz going after you were already so drunk that you'd drink from the toilet if it had alcohol in it.

Not what you want if you enjoy the taste of a good beer.  But yeah, it will keep the bladder going.

• Admin

At least it shows that someone thinks Trans people have enough money to spend on alcohol to try to get them to drink it.  Statistics show that 33% of the Trans population has had addiction problems including alcohol over the years.  Just saying.

• Forum Moderator

This came up in a meeting last night.  Some in sobriety had fleeting thoughts of buying cans of beer.  They were not tempted to drink it? but said it was only to get souvenirs.  Fortunately sober living showed the foolishness of that temptation.  As a community we have too many addicts.  

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

@Charlize I downloaded a picture of the can yesterday, that is safe enough for a community scrapbook for me.  I live about 2.5 miles from one of their breweries BTW.  It stinks as I go by it on the freeway. LOL.

• 5 weeks later...

Now they're mad about this one.

Actually, women were historically brewers.

1 hour ago, Ivy said:

If Budweiser does walk back on this, it's a lot of -crap- to walk back on. 

On 4/15/2023 at 7:43 AM, Ivy said:

I'm surprised they don't get rid of their body parts because gay people have them.

Don't give them too much credit. 😂

On 5/16/2023 at 8:14 AM, Ivy said:

I kinda disagree with part of the premise of the ad.  Even though I'm AFAB, I rather enjoy women in bikinis 🤭 We could probably update beer ads to show women enjoying beer and enjoying other women 😁 

I have a solution for the beer war. Everybody can send all their unwanted and politically incorrect beer to my address.  I'm sure my GF can find a way to sell whatever she doesn't want to drink. 

14 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Even though I'm AFAB, I rather enjoy women in bikinis

Boobs are popular with many people.

i dont drink nor know anything about beer and the like so im very curious as why anyone who use to drink this brand care so much about a ad if they "like" the beer already? like they done supported them when this probly been there stance for a while what difference is it now? i'm generally outta the loop on this i only hear people talk about it in pubic lol 

I like beer as a general thing, but any "lite" beer is near the bottom of the list for me.

I suspect it isn't hard to switch brands considering taste.  It's bazaar that they took it all so seriously - personal like.  

I think most of these companies gay-wash/rainbow-wash, especially for Pride month.  I mean, queer people drink too.  It's probably not easy to find a brand whose parent company doesn't.

It would all be hilarious if it wasn't for the hatred behind it.

I didn't expect to be embraced by the rightwing when I came out, but the level this has risen to is astounding.

It's not easy being cishet these days.  You have to be so careful.  If you drink Bud Lite it turns you queer.  If you drink Miller Lite it'll make you into a feminist.

The only safe thing is to get on the wagon.  But that's probably "woke" as well.

Even Moonshine is out if Granny Clampett made it.

32 minutes ago, Ivy said:

It's not easy being cishet these days.  You have to be so careful.  If you drink Bud Lite it turns you queer.  If you drink Miller Lite it'll make you into a feminist.

The only safe thing is to get on the wagon.  But that's probably "woke" as well.

Even Moonshine is out if Granny Clampett made it.

😂😭 Kool-aid might be a safe bet in that case 🤔

5 hours ago, Koko S. said:

i dont drink nor know anything about beer and the like so im very curious as why anyone who use to drink this brand care so much about a ad if they "like" the beer already? like they done supported them when this probly been there stance for a while what difference is it now? i'm generally outta the loop on this i only hear people talk about it in pubic lol 

Yes, they're saying that the marketing is the most important reason they drink the beer they drink. Weird.

1 hour ago, RhondaS said:

Yes, they're saying that the marketing is the most important reason they drink the beer they drink. Weird.

exactly! it makes no sense at all lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Jamey-Heather
    • MaeBe
    • MAN8791
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Abigail Genevieve
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

gender_equality_nccu
    Newest Member
    gender_equality_nccu

1. Alexa Amorosa
      Alexa Amorosa
      (48 years old)
    2. Bluestem
      Bluestem
      (39 years old)
    3. CharlotteSW
      CharlotteSW
      (26 years old)
    4. Daisy91
      Daisy91
    5. jriddle1990
      jriddle1990
      (30 years old)
    • Jamey-Heather
      It's very warm here in the Willamette Valley after a couple of weeks of rain. So I thought I'd get springy 🥰🥰🥰
    • Cynthia Slowan
      Hi Ivy!  Thanks so much! 💗Cynthia                      
    • RaineOnYourParade
      As a guy with a mom constantly throwing around "she/her", I feel you.   I think trans people in general hold ourselves to an impossible standard to be more girly or manly. There are some people who look or act a lot like the opposite gender, even if they're completely comfortable in their AGAB. That thought helps comfort me sometimes. If being a man was a set of boxes to check off (beyond the obvious chromosome things), I'm sure there'd be plenty of cis guys that would suddenly find themselves no longer being guys. It can be hard when it feels like evidence is stacked against you, but you don't have to be a certain way to turn into a guy. Some people will make it sound that way, but you're already a guy, regardless of how you look or act. After all, men don't look or act one way.   Moving on from that, your mom'll probably (unfortunately) be an issue until you're able to put some distance between yourself and her. Finding a good group of people that support you and your identity can help some -- even if you can't stop her from misgendering you, the more people that you find that respect you can sometimes make it easier to drown out that voice.   I wish you the best of luck <3
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Dang, this post started a loooooong time ago :o   I'm not the most masculine guy, and I would be way too terrified to talk about any desire to be a boy tbh. Everyone said I was girl, I was told I had girl parts, all that, so I figured there was no other option, even if I wanted to be a boy. So, I basically masked the few remaining "signs" I would have after taking away some stereotypical guy things. I was a bit of a tomboy, but I didn't mind wearing fem clothing, and I was seen as just that -- a bit of a boyish girl.   Though, one internalized sign I did have and never talked about was my obsession with Mulan. A girl who got to go and be a guy. She got to hang out with the guys, eat and sleep with the guys, act like a guy, learn the same things the guys in the movie did. I thought every girl would be jealous of that... apparently not, lol 
    • RaineOnYourParade
      It depends what you consider "rich". "Rich" as in there's plenty going on in there? Yeah, sure. Doesn't mean it's high quality junk. There's a lot of complicated stuff I'm still working on sorting out, so even if I've got a lot in my inner life, it's such a mess that it looks more like a hoarder's den than the nice, temple-like space a "rich inner life" makes me think of.     Then I'm definitely doing something wrong with thinking haha 😅 My brain is physically incapable of not thinking about something. I can focus on one thing if I try really hard or if it's a specific interest of mine, but I have to keep thinking on it, otherwise my brain just starts jumping around. If I leave my brain alone, it sometimes jumps to some stuff that kinda scares me, so I don't think my thoughts will ever go to silence     Great minds think alike, I suppose! :D
    • Ivy
      I will add, Sometimes it's just a look of recognition from a woman, say like in a coffeeshop, store, etc. that helps me feel like I do belong.  I don't get that recognition from men anymore - and don't miss it.
    • Ivy
      I wanted to say this too. One thing that is hard for trans women is not having had the girl's socialization growing up.  A lot of the time we just don't know how to act, and that shows. For myself, sometimes I hold back maybe more than I should out of fear of seeming "creepy." Acceptance varies.  Some women are quite accepting, others less so.  I usually wait to be invited to participate.  I don't want to push myself on anybody.   These days I don't have much interaction with men anyway.  Perhaps my seeing men as "other" gets picked up on by women.  I don't know.  I seem to fall back on "it's complicated."   I think when you understand what women go through in this patriarchal society it helps to understand better.  As trans women, we do get some of this as well, but most of us didn't have to grow up with it. Over time, and even pre-transition, I've developed a very feminist view of our society.  (Also raising 6 daughters helped a bit.)  But that is a whole other subject.
    • Vidanjali
      I spend time reflecting on this too. I do so in terms of transcending mind. I study Vedanta, mystical yoga philosophy, under guru's guidance. The mind-body complex is spoken of where "mind" is further parsed as ego, mind, intellect, unconscious all interacting with each other. It is said that one's real Self is soul and from a transcendent point of view, soul is not individualized, but One. It is through the illusion of ignorance we experience a world of multiplicity. Soul reflected through conditioned mind projects our seemingly subjective experience. When our unconscious is steeped in negative impressions, the ego is inflated. That inflated ego influences intellect which is the faculty of discernment, reasoning, and will, to direct the mind to project the negativity it believes is true. Negative experience of the world creates further negative impressions in the unconscious and thus a vicious cycle occurs. But likewise we are able to exert self-effort to control the mind, break that cycle and plant seeds of positivity in the unconscious by doing good practices in many ways.    It is said that mind is the cause of bondage and release. My guru once said if your thinking lead to more and more thinking, then there is something wrong with your thinking. But if your thoughts lead to thoughtlessness, then you are on the right track. That is, one can do many things with the mind - make the mind one-pointed, make the mind distracted, or make the mind so still that it negates itself. That is a taste of bliss.   So, do I have a rich inner life? I would say I do. But that was not a given; I aspire for it. It requires persistent effort and patience. And the term "rich" is not literal. Lord Jesus said, blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. By this, "poor" is also not meant literally. Poor in spirit is the state of cessation of ego and attachment - there is no "me" or "mine". In that state the kingdom which is Absolute Bliss is attained.
    • Ivy
      Welcome Cynthia
    • Sally Stone
      Post 11 “The Move West”    I mentioned in previous posts how many of the places I lived impacted my comfort level, and from my perspective, living in New Jersey was the perfect location for a trans woman.  However, other factors, such as property taxes and living costs, meant my wife and I couldn’t comfortable retire there.  Additionally, my wife wanted to live closer to our kids, and I couldn’t deny her that desire, especially since she dutifully followed me around the globe during my military and flying career.  Because the boys both lived on the “left” coast, we were going to retire somewhere in the western half of the United States.    Searching for places to retire, we wanted a locale that was easy on taxes and benefitted retirees.  However, I was ever vigilant for a place that was going to be trans friendly.  We actually passed on many places because, based on the research I did, they were not considered good locales for alternative lifestyles.  The internet has its issues, but there are numerous LGBTQ resources that helped us make an informed decision.  Despite the research we did, you really can’t know if you are going to be comfortable somewhere until you’ve actually lived there.   The plan was to select a location, and move when I retired.  However, the demand for real estate in New Jersey put our house in high-demand, and our real estate agent suggested we sell as soon as possible to take advantage of the market.  We put the house up for sale and it sold in under 15-days.  Suddenly, we had to find a new place to live, so instead of waiting until I stopped working, we relocated immediately.    Nevada had always come up as a great retirement location.  There was no state tax, and the cost of living was much lower than any of the other places we had on our list.  Surprisingly, many of the larger Nevada municipalities scored high as LGBTQ locations.  Las Vegas got the best LGBTQ ratings but we didn’t want to live in such a large city.  However, both Carson City and Reno looked like acceptable alternatives.  We chose the Reno area, although the house we bought is about 50-mile away from the city.   In the back of my mind, I kept wondering if the research I had done about Reno being LGBTQ friendly was accurate.  Clearly, I had assumed some risk here, since the research results didn’t specifically address the transgender community.  Adding to my anxiety, I couldn’t find any local trans groups, and the Reno LGBTQ community center’s transgender page hadn’t been refreshed in several years.  The only way for me to know for sure what things would be like for me, was to put myself out there.    Sally’s first day in Reno would be a June Saturday morning.  The plan was to do some shopping and find a place to eat lunch.  I started my day by stopping at Starbucks for coffee.  It was a pleasant surprise to greeted so openly by the staff, and this seemed a first positive sign.  Then it was off to the mall.  I shopped at a few of the department stores, and strolled through the mall proper.  It was a busy Saturday, with lots of people out and about, but I never noticed an odd or disparaging look, nor did I encounter a personal interaction that wasn’t anything but pleasant and cordial.  After the mall, I stopped at PF Chang’s for lunch.  Since I was alone, I asked the hostess if I could get food at the bar.  The young lady tending the bar that day was so sweet, and we immediately became friends.  The next thing I knew, I was being introduced to other servers, and became the center of their attention.  They raved about my outfit and the boots I was wearing.  Talk about feeling special.    So, my first day as Sally was awesome, and since that first outing, I have never had an uncomfortable moment in Reno.  I have also noticed several trans women in my travels, so obviously there is a population here.  It kind of surprises me there isn’t an active social group, but then maybe the women I’ve encountered have settled into society here, and don’t need it.  I don’t actually need a trans specific social group either.  My wife is my BFF, and she and I get out together often enough that I don’t feel lonely or alone.   I bet there are other girls out there; however, who are still in the closet, or perhaps don’t know how much fun Reno is.  For those girls, I have considered starting a social group.  In fact, I have already coordinated a “girl’s” weekend for this coming September.  The plan is to spend the weekend enjoying all Reno has to offer, but centered around a Saturday evening concert.  It should be lots of fun, and I’m looking forward to it.  The challenge is getting the word out.  I probably need to coordinate with the local LGBTQ center to help spread the word.   Turns out Reno is a fun place to live even though I am trans.  The people Sally has met have all been very friendly, but I can’t imagine it being any other way, since Sally is also friendly, and based on my interaction with others, very likeable as well.  I think I’m living proof that when you are open, friendly, have a positive attitude, and smile a lot, people respond in kind, even when they might know, or have a hint you weren’t born the gender you are presenting.    One could assume that my positive social experiences have just been dumb luck, but when I consider how long I have been out as Sally, it can’t just be luck.  I know in my heart, that I am doing something right, that my female personality resonates in a way that ensures I am accepted as the woman I am trying to be.   Hugs,   Sally
    • Ivy
    • Betty K
      I’m not saying that situation will change for you — how could I know? — but I can say it changed for me. I am frequently astonished at how differently I behave since transitioning, how much more relaxed and free and confident I am, and how much of my behaviour seems — to me and to others — genuinely feminine. It can happen.
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • MaeBe
      The behaviors you mention are all socialized, they’re not natal. The women all lived lives where this behavior is expected and they learned. That’s not to say every person aligns with societal “norms” or does it well, this situation was a microcosm. I think I understand where your head is at and I’m confident nothing I wrote is news to you, but look at it this way: do what brings you joy and the rest will follow. At the end it seems like you got in the way of your own joy, the others were including you be it through politeness or acceptance, and only when the Self got in the way did the interaction change.
    • Ladypcnj
      Here are some safety tips whenever going out: 1. Make sure your cellphone is fully charged, and don't forget to bring the charger with you. 2. Tell a trusted friend or family member who is accepting about where you're going to be (if you're traveling alone). 3. Bring along a trusted friend or someone else that is in the community, go together, and afterwards leave the place together. 4. Be aware of your surroundings.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.