• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Introducing Myself

Milyssa Leigh

Hi everyone. I'm Milyssa Leigh, currently in New Jersey but soon to be relocating to Colorado. I'm 59 years old and a recent widower. I used to crossdress over 20 years ago, but when I met my wife she was supportive at first, but over time that support started to dwindle. So I put that side of myself away for over 20 years. Now that I find myself on my own again, my feminine side has come back with a vengeance. I never thought I'd be here again as I thought it was a phase and I was over it. Well, I was not only proven wrong but Milyssa came back out with a vengeance. After spending more time, I've realized I'm transgendered and I'm starting my transition journey. I've been doing a LOT of research and talking to other women who've transitioned to understand what to expect moving forward. I also have to give big kudos to Jackie Rabbit for her YouTube channel which as been extremely informative with all the pros and cons of transition. I'm holding off until I move to Colorado this summer before I fully start my transition including therapy, electrolysis, and HRT. I also need to have conversations with my family. So I have a long road ahead of me. My biggest concern is that I'm starting so late in life. And while I know of other women who transitioned at a much older age than myself, it still bothers me that I've missed out on so much time.  In any case, I am looking to talk with other girls/women who have gone through the process to get the most first-hand information that I can so I know what to expect and can make the right decisions. I'd also like to meet women in Colorado to make friends and network.

IMG_2358.jpg

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Milyssa Leigh said:

My biggest concern is that I'm starting so late in life.

Welcome, Milyssa!

Haha!  59 is by no means too late to get started.  I was 62 when I realized that I was transgender, and many of our sisters were older than that.  I hear you about regretting the water under the bridge, but it is just that: water under the bridge.  What we can do is to make the years we have left (hopefully many) the best we can.

I am looking forward to seeing more of you around the forum.

Regards,

Kathy

Welcome Milyssa!

I've only been here a month or so but the people on here are really awesome and you'll feel so welcome here and it's really a great place to get our questions answered and connect with the community.  

I hope you feel as welcome here as I have!

Welcome Milyssa

2 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

I was 62 when I realized that I was transgender, and many of our sisters were older than that.

Yeah.  I was 68 when I started.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome dear.  Don't feel too bad about what you have missed.  I went full time at 63 and am one happy old lady as i near the 3/4 century mark.   Enjoy today it is beautiful to live ac dream at any age!

Hugs,

Charlize

Welcome to the forums!!! You'll find much information, support and friendship here  - I know I have. 

Welcome aboard, Milyssa! 

I'm 60 and only just in the last 12 months, I am getting comfortable with myself. You're not alone. I have regrets with my timeline too. But remember this: Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

Welcome Milyssa! Glad you're here! My condolences on the passing of your spouse. The journey is yours, to travel as long as you wish. This is how I am travelling mine. It works, from self-loathing closet crossdresser to today, loving being a silver haired transgender mamacita! I hope you find the wonderful advice, support & acceptance here as I have.

Hugs!

Delcina 

I just recently announced on April 17th and it has been a lot of hurdles but that's mostly how the VA is. Nothing is quick. I already had to speak with my mental health doctor, primary care and therapist. The VA is still trying to find me a gender therapist. I just had my appointment with my endocrinologist and she said there's still more stuff to do before HRT. I just wished I started earlier. This forum has been very helpful and supportive. My family not so much.

42 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

still more stuff to do before HRT.

Hmmm.  After I talked to the therapist once, she referred me to the endo who gave me the Rx for estradiol.  But I was already getting HRT from PP when I went to the VA.

37 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Hmmm.  After I talked to the therapist once, she referred me to the endo who gave me the Rx for estradiol.  But I was already getting HRT from PP when I went to the VA.

I guess they added more stuff to it which doesn't surprise me. Someone got a kudos for making things harder. Just when you thought you were done with that ideology.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 125 Guests (See full list)

• Jet McCartney
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • MaryEllen
    • Abigail Genevieve
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Emily Chen
    Newest Member
    Emily Chen

1. April Marie
      April Marie
    2. daniela...
      daniela...
      (59 years old)
    3. Emily May
      Emily May
    4. Felixr
      Felixr
      (20 years old)
    5. Leann
      Leann
      (56 years old)
    • Abigail Genevieve
      We need to learn to talk to each other again.  This place is important that way.   Abby
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Nationally, sure.  But where I live, there aren't two large segments.  There's a majority, and a few who just don't fit and probably ought to move out.  I was in a nearby city a few days back, and I saw a billboard for the "Freedom From Religion" foundation.  That's acceptable there.  Here... folks would be making a bonfire.    I don't really see how the different sides CAN get along.  I see what goes on in California, and its like watching news from some alien planet.  It has very little to do with LGBTQ+ issues, really.  I can't live their way, I won't live their way, and I have no desire to compromise at all in that direction.  I'd prefer to be neighbors in separate nations, and I think folks would get along better that way.  I firmly believe the anti-trans stuff wouldn't exist here if we had a new republic of the Center-South area.  Even a micro-state of just my county and a couple others would be fine.    I get the giggles when folks think that Trump is somehow "far right."  Around here, he's a barely-acceptable centrist.  And by the standards of 100 years ago, its true.
    • Ivy
      I don't think the Dems have a corner on division.  I do try to kinda keep up with the antics on Fox for 5h1+s and giggles. We have two large segments of the population, living in their own bubbles, with completely opposite views of our society, who never talk to each other, only at each other. People don't even want to get along with each other. We're tearing ourselves apart from the inside, while the rest of the world just sits back and watches.
    • Sorourke
      Back again now it’s inevitable I must tell my wife for me to be happy and authentic wish me luck
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Trying to decide if I am one.  Hmmm.  It depends on the definition.  The Democrats' definition dehumanizes them, whatever they are.   I would like to see a restoration of respect for America around the world, one Obama threw away.  I would like to see factories reopen whose jobs went overseas because people like BIden wrote legislation to create a tax structure than encouraged that.  I would like to see an end to the division that Biden and Obama cause and exploit for cynical political purposes.  I would like people to be able to express themselves without fear.  I would like honest news media.  I would llike to see the federal government not push us recklessly into debt.   If that makes me MAGA, I guess I am. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      You've never encountered the Oklahoma State Troopers, then.... it isn't far from reality.  I swear they've got half an army of cops just sitting around.  On I-40, they've got big concrete pads where they sit in the middle of the highway, sometimes a row of 8 cars in one spot.  I guess they've got money to burn....
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I fenced my posting of the link.  Yep.
    • VickySGV
      Good to hear about that case, but I believe Oklahoma is in the 11th Circuit COA region along with Texas which is going to find some way to nullify this decision as far as the Oklahoma law goes, just because - - - -
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      That's a Circuit (Circus) court ruling.  Which is essentially temporary.  Most everything right now is temporary, as the Supreme Court hasn't gotten around to dealing with all the various trans-related issues from the last few years.  I really, really wish they would just bite the bullet and do their thing.  It would save us from the constant tug-of-war. "The sky is falling!".... "No it isn't.".... "But there's crap coming down."....."It landed east of here"  Whether it ends up being good or bad, I wish they'd just lance the boil and let us either have a tyranny we can fight against or a republic we don't mind living in.  Mediocrity is irritating.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I'm sure there are some...there's just about every kind of person imaginable in our society.  And I suspect that a number of actual GOP politicians aren't really haters...it just happens to be convenient to go along.  Like most Germans in the early 20th century weren't actually anti-Semitic.  It was just that it didn't matter to them.    While I'm not friends with any politicians (well, other than local ones), the majority of folks around me aren't anti-trans.  And one of my two trans friends is a Trump supporter, with hat and all.  My other friend is a Democrat, and the three of us actually get along even when we talk politics.  Life is interesting.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      This suggests some of the problematic policies would be unenforceable if implementation were attempted.    https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/4th-circuit-gender-identity-is-a?publication_id=994764&post_id=144139815&isFreemail=true&r=rebf4&triedRedirect=true
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You can believe what you want.  But there are such.  That should not scare you.  I wonder why it does.
    • Davie
      I don't believe it. I've never heard of such a thing. That would scare me.
    • Davie
      Yay for this . . . it overrides state laws. 4th Circuit Court says: Gender Identity Is A Protected Characteristic, Blocks State Coverage Bans. In a landmark ruling, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that gender identity is a protected characteristic, and that Medicaid bans on treatments for gender dysphoria are unconstitutional. https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/4th-circuit-gender-identity-is-a?publication_id=994764&post_id=144139815&isFreemail=true&r=rebf4&triedRedirect=true
    • Ashley0616
      I would challenge him next time about where is being transgender a fatal sin. The only thing he has about giving into fleshy desires. Another thing you can hit at does the Bible cover intersex people? Bible to me stands for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. You could also challenge him as to how many times has the Bible been edited.  You could challenge him on what music, movies, podcasts and tv shows and how they give glory to God. I challenged my mom, and she had nothing to say other than I know I'm right being defensive. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.