• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I live in Florida where trans care is being restricted.

LauraW

I live in Florida where trans care is being restricted, even for adults like myself.   I medically transitioned in the 80, so yes... I'm old.   I am worried now as my provider is probably going to quit offering HRT because of current restrictive laws.    I know it's a sensitive topic but is anyone else in a state where adult HRT is being restricted, and if so, how are you working around it?  I was DIY for many years and would prefer not to have to go back.   

• Admin

I am in California and have been monitoring the Florida Situation and agree that it is bad.  I hate to have to do it, but PLEASE read our Community Rules about discussing medications.   Rules 12,13 and 14 limit what we can discuss here.  I do know that there are online "care organizations" that will do HRT via the internet.  Take care and be safe.

• Admin

@LauraW, I am sorry that you and so many other FL trans folk are facing this problem.  I don't recall when this law become effective, but even if its months away, some doctors may be getting out of the trans HRT business before then.

If your doctor refuses to treat you, and if you cannot find a local doctor to replace them, then I have one suggestion you can try.  It is telehealth from outside Florida.  My limited research shows that FL doesn't have a prohibition on out of state telehealth providers.  If you can find one willing to take you on, they can ship your prescriptions to a national pharmacy benefit management company such as Express Scripts.  Everything would be legit, but I'm uncertain if FL could take action against them.

I would check with local or state LGBT organizations to see if they have other suggestions, or can validate mine.  Best of luck.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Thank you all.  Yes the ban went restricting HRT has been signed by DeSantis. 

On 5/20/2023 at 8:29 PM, LauraW said:

Thank you all.  Yes the ban went restricting HRT has been signed by DeSantis. 

I think we're all watching what is happening with horror. I am so so sorry for you. Please know that there's a huge community of support.

If I lived nearby I'd offer to step in regardless of whether this contravenes guidelines. This exceptional situation requires exceptional action. But this 'war on woke' is going to have devastating consequences, including ill-health and self-harm. It's just awful.

I really hope you can find a viable pathway to maintain your regime.