• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hot flashes before hrt,Gone on MTF HRt back when off hrt

Pacificlife1994

So I can’t find an answer on quora nobody answered so I thought I would post here for any thoughts, not medical advice.So for about a few years off and on between 27-28 I began getting hot flashes.when I was in my late teens early twenties I had night sweats so bad my bed would be soaked.at the end of last year I decided to get on hrt. My hot flashes went away. This was the case for 5 months.last month I stopped taking my hrt and after two weeks m getting hot flashes again.Anybody have any ideas? I think I have always had hormonal issues.Dr powers says most trans patients have always had imbalances of some sort.I’m wanting to get back on hrt I felt better mentally,less irritable

• Admin

Sounds to me like you need a full hormone panel of tests done by an actual Endocrinologist along with some possible genetic counseling.  The doctors at the University of California clinics, or our major HMO's here in the state such as Kaiser or Sutter Health can get you going toward that.  Your nearest LGBTQ center would also have a referral system to Endo's to help you out there.  There are several conditions that could cause your distress involving hormone receptors as well as possible endocrine gland problems.    Good luck. 

11 hours ago, VickySGV said:

Sounds to me like you need a full hormone panel of tests done by an actual Endocrinologist along with some possible genetic counseling.  The doctors at the University of California clinics, or our major HMO's here in the state such as Kaiser or Sutter Health can get you going toward that.  Your nearest LGBTQ center would also have a referral system to Endo's to help you out there.  There are several conditions that could cause your distress involving hormone receptors as well as possible endocrine gland problems.    Good luck. 

Thankyou.I wish I would have realized my transness was when I was a teen.I literally thought I couldn’t be because I was attracted to girls.But this was before it was in the news and when most people didn’t know what trans was.But I grew up with conservative homophobic grandparents. So I played the role they wanted .It makes me sad.Now I have major imposter syndrome,but since I was 13-16 I just wanted to be a girl.When I was 4 my uncle caught me trying on my cousins dress. After years of repressed feelings and trauma from the last 5 years unzipped me and my personal truth came forward.I have accepted it many times,but then my false ego comes in out of nowhere, like the metaphorical devil on my shoulder. I want to go to a support group,but I have heard some trans people say it can be good if the people in the group are the right people for you. My mom is understanding or tries to be.She really doesn’t understand but it’s a start.I need to find non cis friends to talk with. 
Thankyou for your response I appreciate it :)