• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

i need advice

owl

i was born male, i have been bi since probably around the age of 15, however as someone with autism  its difficult to understand things that are new for me, so when the idea of gender identys was explained i began to realise im very afeminate and  i dont realy know what to do with this information, am i female i dont feel male but i dont realy feel female fully maybe im over reacting and im a femboy not female? maybe im a they? i mean he/they is fine at the moment but i dont know i feel weird about being a guy

It seems to me that questioning our identity is a very normal reaction when we look at what society says we "should" be as opposed to how we feel. For me, finding a therapist who deals with gender-related issues has been key to understanding who I am and how to move ahead in my life. 

Perhaps finding a therapist or even a local LGBTQ+ support group would be a way to help answer your questions. Certainly, there will be other members here who will answer, as well.

In any case, welcome to the forums!!! Feel free to post or ask questions as you see fit.

• 3 months later...
On 5/30/2023 at 8:19 AM, owl said:

i mean he/they is fine at the moment but i dont know i feel weird about being a guy

I felt this so so much. I don't know what to say to help figure it out. For me, time, being in a safer environment where I can just exist more easily, and trying to not put pressure on figuring it out, made figuring it out a lot easier.

Also finding someone who is very supportive and will talk with you and let you experiment / be willing to try things and figure it out, or leave it and let you just exist is super helpful.

Even if none of that helps, I just want you to know that someone out there went through the exact same (except afab and ADHD/ probably autism) thing and that it's 1) okay for you to be experiencing that and 2) it turned out okay for them (me) as well. Like I will never say it's all easy and amazing now, but I'm at peace with it and can start doing things / being out in life outside of that one person.